Mobile Site

TheJerseyKush

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This is a pretty simple request, i know that there are plugins for vBulletin and other forums, but i would as im sure many others would appreciate a mobile version of the site, when i try to browse the site on my blackberry to check the deals forum and a few other things it just takes too long. So please....mobile site :D

There is a mobile version. Except you have to change it yourself by going into the 'Options' and clicking the drop down box in the 'Forum Skin' area. Lame thing is you have to keep the page bookmarked as I don't believe there's a way to change it back while on the mobile version. (Haven't found one.)

My best guess is it only automatically changes for you if you own an iPhone. Other than that, you have to do it manually. Hopefully they add in some code to recognize all mobile devices rather than one (or a few, solely an assumption.)

Thanks for the info, i didn't even realize that, however i agree with what you said, i think there are enough CAG's out there to justify some time and effort into developing a proper mobile site. just my 2 cents. :D

I wish you could just visit the mobile site based on URL, or even better, browser identification, instead of setting something in the options. Because then when I go visit on my PC, I get stuck on the mobile version.

+1 for blackberry.

~S

When I visit the site on my blackberry, it comes up with the mobile url automatically. To speed it up, I've disabled pictures and signatures.

[quote name='Brownjohn']When I visit the site on my blackberry, it comes up with the mobile url automatically. To speed it up, I've disabled pictures and signatures.[/QUOTE]

you must have an older blackberry,
however, the point of this thread is to really push to improve the mobile browsing of CAG, currently u can only view the forums in a "mobile" view, it would be nice if the front page blog had a mobile substitute, as well as the podcast section, i just think a site with this many users and considering you have programmer john constantly improving the site why not invest some time to make a proper and decent mobile site?

bread's done
Back