modding systems to play imports?

DeadAsWarhol

CAGiversary!
could anyone give me a rundown of the best way to make each console region-free?

SNES seems the easiest, with just removing those tabs.

i've heard of the gyromite thing for NES, but do you need a toploading NES to do it? i wouldn't think a game PLUS the converter would fit in the system

ps1/ps2 i'm not sure at all, except maybe the swap magic thing? is it pretty reliable?

no idea for gamecube/N64

thanks for any info you can give me

N64 is supposed to be pretty easy, similar to the SNES.

GameCube, your best bet is a Freeloader or Action Reply that has the Freeloader on it. Simply a disc that you hot-swap.

[quote name='UncleBob']N64 is supposed to be pretty easy, similar to the SNES.

GameCube, your best bet is a Freeloader or Action Reply that has the Freeloader on it. Simply a disc that you hot-swap.[/QUOTE]
For my N64, I have an adapter called Super 64. It's just a little attachment that goes on the cartridge; kinda like a Game Genie or Action Replay. It came free with my imported copy of Pokémon Stadium.

[quote name='62t']just use a gameshark and you can play import N64 games[/QUOTE]

There's some games this won't work with, though. Yoshi's Story, I know, had issues... not that anyone would ever want to play that sack of shit, but still.

For N64 imports I would swap the back part of the cart with some shitty game I never played. But I only ever owned 2 imports Wonder Project J & Smash Bros.

For my Sega Saturn I have this thing called the Action Replay 5 in 1. It's a cartridge that you use in conjunction w/ import game.

Just curious, what import Gamecube games would you play? I ask because I'm a huge fan of the system (Wind Waker, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime ... love that system!)

for my sega saturn, there's a switch installed in it and all u gotta do is switch it and it's either in import mode or america mode!!

same thing with my gamecube!!

good GC imports: the Nintendo Puzzle Collection, becoz it has Tetris Attack... for 4 players.

the Naruto games were good, but I think they all ended up coming to america...

bad GC imports: that smash brothers game with Optimus Prime, Bomberman, Solid Snake, etc.

it sounds awesome, but it really isnt o_O

[quote name='Rodimus']For N64 imports I would swap the back part of the cart with some shitty game I never played. But I only ever owned 2 imports Wonder Project J & Smash Bros.[/QUOTE]

Oh me too, for Wonder Project J!2.

Some Recommended Gamecube Imports :
1) Kururin Squash
2) PC Genjin (BonK)
3) Doshin the Giant
4) Battle Stadium DON
5) Nintendo Puzzle Collection
6) Star Soldier
7) Super Robot Wars
8) Adventure Island
9) Mr. Driller
10) Giftpia ( I don't know where the walkthru is anymore )

bread's done
Back