Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

gotta agree with the group on IW needing to change the custom match parameters. go-go map selection! or at least, map vote (more than skip this one just to have your least fav be picked).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they let people run around with faster movement, unlimited run, and a knife? The people running don't show up on radar, which is just about the lamest thing in the game other than aim assist and glitches. I tried playing hardcore tdm and it is the biggest campfest Ive ever seen. The game has potential, but the way the gameplay is now is just terrible. They need to fix a lot of things before i could ever get into the garbage that is mw2. I thought IW was supposed to be good, did they lose there whole staff or something? Ive seen more killcams than I can count where the guy who dies doesnt even get shot, or gets shot once in the foot. Also you should really have to pick up grendades for you launcher from fallen enemies. Right now the game is just GAY(not the fun gay, but the 1 where dudes take it up the ass).

To be honest people who use marathon, lightweight and commando are the easiest ones to kill cause they are normally the ones out in the open. And you can pick up nades from dead people you need scavenger perk. Game is fun but the noob tubing kills it sometimes and how horrible people are at the game lol

almost every TDM that I've been in turns into a campfest of some sort. Actually, except for HQ, Sabotage, Demolition, and Domination everything has been turning into noob tubing or campfests lately. Still does in Demo a bit when people are defending.

As far as speed, you need it if you are a runner in CTF...Hardline Pro, Lightweight Pro, & Ninja Pro are probably the best...depending on the map you might sub in cold blooded pro for ninja pro.....then remember your silencers.

The throwing knife is what really needs to be nerfed considering I believe it 1-shots anyone it hits...unless you have the riot shield.

More annoying than being shot in my big toe and dying is watching my killcam when a guy knifes me and he is halfway across a room....that's usually the lag factor.

My solution to dealing with campers is C4 and FMJ. That or RPGs, noob tubes, anything that makes them think twice about camping in that one spot. I also learned how to traverse across the maps in unorthodox fashions that would make somebody be like "WTF dude?!?!" when my C4 lands next to them.

When you see me rocking out C4, you can be assured if I survive long enough to set it off, somebody is going to die and it's not going to be me. In fact, I think I've done it to more than a few CAG guys, Kefka got me nicely that last match though, he'll have to pay for that.

CAG ID = AndrewsAwesome
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: ANY DAY ( No Job )
Timezone: CST
Mic: Sometimes...
Additional Info: I normally play S&D and I think I am level 63 . Love Sniping

Fun games tonight, as always.

-----

Andrew, sorry if I came across a little harsh. I just really don't like quick-scopers due too how cheap/unrealistic it is. They really need to fix sniping in this game.

It looks like we brought Hostile over to the dark side. Now we just need to get him cackling maniacally after every kill and he'll be perfect :lol:. If you're ever in Staten Island, Hostile, hit me up for a beer or something, I didn't realize I had anybody that close until you said you were playing out of Brooklyn.

On a side note, I think I redeemed myself when Kefka so happily announced he was going all Riot Shield + C4, I know there was like a moment of disbelief as my C4 flew right behind him and an "oh crap" moment when he realized it was me that threw it followed by that split second acceptance that I was evil incarnate as he blew up. I think the only reason he didn't curse me out completely was because he's plotting revenge, tune in next week for episode 4: Revenge of the Rampaging San Diego Shut-in :lol:.

i was out of town for a week and looking forward to playing again. i'd still like to get through the spec ops with someone but demolition keeps calling me.

If you see me on and want to do SPEC OPS on veteran, just send me an invite and I will jump on it. Currently done with Alpha but will revisit if it means getting through the rest. Can anyone help me get the 30 seconds in the pit trophy?

I just feel like sharing this.

2s8fbpv.jpg

[quote name='nakanenui']If you see me on and want to do SPEC OPS on veteran, just send me an invite and I will jump on it. Currently done with Alpha but will revisit if it means getting through the rest. Can anyone help me get the 30 seconds in the pit trophy?[/QUOTE]

sounds good

be on in about 2.5 hrs, no wise cracks if you saw my system playing disney sing it. Kid was on, reallyyy!

I'll be on tonight, if I'm playing a match feel free to invite me anyway, I'm on my 4th Prestige now and I'll definitely benefit from some team play.

:whee: BFGN! :whee:

I finally got my headset today, so I'll be ready for some decimation.

-----

Very interesting find, Jay. I'll have to show that to my real-life friend, XxCyrusBashxX, who was the first person killed.

Good game night, we got a bunch of people to rage quit! Yay!:booty:

I feel so proud that there were margaritas flowing but since I thought I might have to get up early, I decided not to make any. However... I did commune with the Cheetos god of MW2 and did pretty decently. I do so miss having my C4 but I should be able to power level that considering we got snowed in today. If you see me on, feel free to invite, I don't have anything to do until a part comes in for work and we've already got 4-6 inches of snow down in Staten Island with more to come.

We put those campers to shame after their one good map by sweeping the next 3 games or so. S&D was great, going 7 and 0 for the first 2 matches was fun with Kefka wondering how I'm speedhacking. Hito's predator on Afghan was way more memorable though. Oscar sticking the sniper with semtex in Rundown(stealing my 2 kill game winning kill cam!) was great, if I waited another 3 seconds I woulda got it.

[quote name='Jam424']I still need to finish my Special Ops missions at some point if anyone wants to help out.[/QUOTE]

Add me. I still need to wrap a lot of these up as well. I work Fri - Tuesday, so W/TH are my best days. But just msg me whenever I am online.

[quote name='Mad39er']Hito's predator on Afghan was way more memorable though.[/QUOTE]
that was me. i saw him run into the bushes, but i thought he ran around the corner for some reason. God i suck at S & D.

[quote name='bendeco45']that was me. i saw him run into the bushes, but i thought he ran around the corner for some reason. God i suck at S & D.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to rub that one in, heh.

On a completely unrelated note, I am available all day for anybody that would like to send me an invite. If I'm in a match just give me a few minutes to finish that match and I'm game for whatever you've got. NYC is completely snowed in today and I'm home with my dog, my PS3 and my plasma tv :)

Edit to add: I stand corrected, now I have to dig out my truck and go on one service call, I should be back by 1 or so pm EST if not earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a rematch with those campers but not without a full team. I really wasn't feeling playing Skidrow with Kaiser on their team since any frustrations I'd have would be magnified by him simply being there, which isn't fair for any of us placed in that position I'd think. I felt bad yelling at the campers we stomped on when he was on their team the last time, well, bad for him anyway.

I think I'm going to have to sharpen my skills some with lots of FFA again, I think I'm starting to lose my edge.

What exactly do you believe was "cheap" about that video? I didnt see anything but one dude owning with a Sniper. Its hard to snipe in there too b/c of Bullet Drop

[quote name='smiggity']What exactly do you believe was "cheap" about that video? I didnt see anything but one dude owning with a Sniper. Its hard to snipe in there too b/c of Bullet Drop[/QUOTE]

I think "cheap" in the fact that all of the enemies have a red dot/square next to them. That makes sniping infinitely easier...at least you have a reference point to aim for. While I am not comparing the games, it does give you a far greater advantage than without it.

[quote name='Mad39er']I want a rematch with those campers but not without a full team. I really wasn't feeling playing Skidrow with Kaiser on their team since any frustrations I'd have would be magnified by him simply being there, which isn't fair for any of us placed in that position I'd think. I felt bad yelling at the campers we stomped on when he was on their team the last time, well, bad for him anyway.

I think I'm going to have to sharpen my skills some with lots of FFA again, I think I'm starting to lose my edge.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about joining your games all the time, especially when we get stuck on opposite teams. I just usually do join sessions and get put on that person's team (like last nights first htdm match... the second we got stuck on seperate teams), but for some reason... I'm almost ALWAYS on the opposite team as you :(

[quote name='smiggity']What exactly do you believe was "cheap" about that video? I didnt see anything but one dude owning with a Sniper. Its hard to snipe in there too b/c of Bullet Drop[/QUOTE]

Sniping in BF:BC2 is not hard, even with the bullet drop. I actually got used to the bullet drop very quickly since I'm somewhat familiar with actual sniping tactics and theory and I ran up a nice killstreak but all I got for it were points and no satisfaction that I'd get a vehicle delivered or anything that'd come of it. It's a hollow satisfaction, nothing spectacular that should be celebrated. I felt way less satisfied as a sniper in BF:BC2 demo than I did when I was sniping in MW2. It's cheap, it's less polished, basically the game should be called Crouching Sniper, Hidden Bradley.

A squad of snipers can completely stop the advance in a game of Rush. If the tools available to call in artillery strikes and such are fully fleshed out to even the battlefield, then great. As it stands now, sniper in BF:BC2 = Noob tuber in MW2.

Ultimately, sniping needs to be taken out of every single shooter game. Or there should at least be modes without snipers.

Sniping in MW2 is insanely cheap. I don't even know why IW even included it. The quick-scoping is complete bullshit.

Sniping was fun in BF1942 Desert Combat. That mod had a great balance of ground wars and including vehicles... something almost every subsequent FPS (and mod) has lacked.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Ultimately, sniping needs to be taken out of every single shooter game. Or there should at least be modes without snipers.

Sniping in MW2 is insanely cheap. I don't even know why IW even included it. The quick-scoping is complete bullshit.[/QUOTE]

You just still upset about me buzzkilling you early on in our CAG clan formation with my ACOG FMJ Stopping Power sniper :p

Quickscoping is very much bullshit, I agree with that 100%. As somebody that respects and appreciates the history of sniping, there never was such a tactic of running around with a dot on your tv as your crosshair marker so you can half-ass shoot something. Personally I think they should remove the reticule markers on sniper rifles from the HUD. I see quickscoping done less in Hardcore than any other game type and I largely attribute that to the HUD markers.

Quick question: Is there a way to follow a player once he has left your current lobby? I want to go after these boosters. Thanks.

bread's done
Back