Modern Warfare 2 Elite Bundle FOUND today at Target

Target would not have sold it to you if you wanted it. Their computers do not allow for items that are street dated to be sold before the street date.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']The thing is, MS doesn't know if you are just someone buying the game legit or if you're a dishonest game store employee just getting the game early. I've known people who have been banned for both reasons. I just wouldn't risk it period.[/QUOTE]

Again a legit copy does not get you banned ... if you do happen to get banned it won't be long if you have the reciept

Does anyone know how limited these things are really going to be? I've been meaning to upgrade to a newer, cooler Elite...

[quote name='prateeko']Does anyone know how limited these things are really going to be? I've been meaning to upgrade to a newer, cooler Elite...[/QUOTE]

Probably as rare as the RE5 one. not very.

[quote name='judgedee']Probably as rare as the RE5 one. not very.[/QUOTE]

I see. I wonder if Costco will get these bad boys in....

You guys would have a better time getting it if you spot them at certain Kmarts (notorious for putting out games early, whose POS registers are outdated and do not have hard locking "street date" capabilities. Hence why most people go there first, buy a game/console days before release and sell them on Ebay).

Last edited by a moderator:
Consoles are terrible things to sell on Ebay ... unless you like dealing with crazy shipping and a high chance of fraud ... just saying for all those who haven't tried in the past and are getting that gleam of an idea in their eye to raid Target tomorrow ...

[quote name='Scorch']
Never doubt how lazy a minimum wage employee can be.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's a very fair statement. What is their incentive to honor street dates?

[quote name='Phil']I don't think that's a very fair statement. What is their incentive to honor street dates?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what incentive stores have to honor the street date? I guess they could lose the right to sell it, however, they profit now instead of then. Also when people hear a place is breaking a street date, suddenly that becomes a very popular place to buy the item.

[quote name='tigerpants']I'm not sure what incentive stores have to honor the street date? I guess they could lose the right to sell it, however, they profit now instead of then. Also when people hear a place is breaking a street date, suddenly that becomes a very popular place to buy the item.[/QUOTE]

And lets face it ... this game would probably sell more than any other game for a while. To break the street date and be the first to sell and have all those ppl flooding in, I could see it being more than worth breaking it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nope, legit game users wont get banned, i personally got quite a few games early from a local game store. And if you did, you probally would have a serious case against microsoft.

Also, got a feeling that 360 wont sell, i remember a few local targets had GTA:Chinatown Wars like 3+ days before release for PSP (They did the same thing with Gran Turismo, and Gears of War 2), and whenever they try to ring it up at the register, it wont allow them to sell it.[/QUOTE]

A lot of stores have put up preventions. In my friend's BBY, Call of Duty rings up as $9,999,999 until launch date, stopping employees from buying it early.

[quote name='polishpride212']A lot of stores have put up preventions. In my friend's BBY, Call of Duty rings up as $9,999,999 until launch date, stopping employees from buying it early.[/QUOTE]
Is that with a $20 gift card?

[quote name='Scorch'] Never doubt how lazy a minimum wage employee can be.[/QUOTE]

So you base everyone's state of mind on how much they earn? Man, statement's like this are the reason this country is going sideways instead of forward.

I tried to buy one at the Target in Springfield, MO. It was in the case. I asked to buy it and the electronics guy called somebody on his walkie to ask if it was available. Guy on the other end said no.

He tried to ring it up for me to show me it wouldn't let him sell it. The register showed an error message.

I don't know what I was gonna do with it since I've already got a 360. The box sure was pretty though.

Just FYI, the registers at Target prevent breaking street date. It literally says "STREET DATE - DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX" and cannot be overridden

[quote name='Phil']I don't think that's a very fair statement. What is their incentive to honor street dates?[/QUOTE]

Their incentive is the pay check they earn. I doubt they show up to work without it. But if they want to continue to receive it, they should be expected to do the job properly, as they were hired to do. Any employee working for minimum wage has agreed to do so. If they need incentives to do the job right, they should hold themselves accountable for finding employment that compensates them to their expectations.

[quote name='strikeratt']Again a legit copy does not get you banned ... if you do happen to get banned it won't be long if you have the reciept[/QUOTE]

Your post contradicts itself. If a legit copy does not get you banned, why would anyone need to worry about being unbanned?

[quote name='sdornan']For the record, I already bought an elite bundle from Wal-Mart and promptly sold it on eBay this past weekend. The register gave them an error, but they had some local brochure with them that said it dropped on the 1st - misprint I guess? - so they sold it to me anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280417905476[/QUOTE]

you should've posted this when u got it though, a lot of ppl are waiting for this baby.

[quote name='Grisom']And now my crotch is famous on the internet :cool:[/QUOTE]

LOL, I just noticed that in the reflection on the glass :lol:

[quote name='sdornan']For the record, I already bought an elite bundle from Wal-Mart and promptly sold it on eBay this past weekend. The register gave them an error, but they had some local brochure with them that said it dropped on the 1st - misprint I guess? - so they sold it to me anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280417905476[/QUOTE]

hey good for you on the profit man--what i dont get is how people will be willing to pay n extra $150 just to get a console/game 3-5 days sooner
must have extra cash laying around.

they must belong to -rich ass gamer---hey at least they got a $20gc--oh wait.

[quote name='SilentStryk09']Just FYI, the registers at Target prevent breaking street date. It literally says "STREET DATE - DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX" and cannot be overridden[/QUOTE]

This must be new because I bought a DS Lite before release date from Target.

Haven't looked at my local Target yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see it out...happens all the time with street dated items even though they can't sell them.

[quote name='Trakan']This must be new because I bought a DS Lite before release date from Target.[/QUOTE]
When did the DS Lite come out? Because I remember the local Target had MGS4 up for sale the Saturday before its release, and the same exact message popped up when I tried to buy it.

[quote name='eddie291']when did the ds lite come out? Because i remember the local target had mgs4 up for sale the saturday before its release, and the same exact message popped up when i tried to buy it.[/quote]

6/11/06

I also feel I should mention that the buyer of the console said the campaign was amazing but that he beat it on normal in 4 hrs 30 mins. Kinda disappointed to hear that, as it seems shorter than I expected. Anyone remember how long the COD4 campaign took?

[quote name='sdornan']I also feel I should mention that the buyer of the console said the campaign was amazing but that he beat it on normal in 4 hrs 30 mins. Kinda disappointed to hear that, as it seems shorter than I expected. Anyone remember how long the COD4 campaign took?[/QUOTE]

I played through it (COD4) again over the last 2 days on Regular and it was about 4-6 hours total at that difficulty at the most. I didnt time myself or anything, but its definitely not long.

4 hrs 30 mins is fairly normal for any FPS released these days and playing at a low difficulty, especially if you are competent at FPS. If you want to stretch it out, put it up to Hardened or Veteran.

[quote name='dgwillia006']i was in Targets just the other day, and saw a few copies of Tekken 6 and a few other new games that had huge "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX DATE" stickers on the front and top of the cases.[/QUOTE]
i don't think anyone would care if they sold you Tekken 6 early, the game is horrible compared to the earlier ones...

[quote name='KillaHoe']you can also get banned even if you have the game...only difference is that if you do have the game you can get unban by showing them a proof of your receipt...

I was reading on another forum that Wal-mart was already selling these console...[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to fathom. Wal-Mart has the same computer stopping thing as Target. Back when MGS4 came out, it was in the case about 3-4 days early and the computer stopped me when I tried to buy it.

That said, we're less than a week away from release. Anyone paying more than retail is a retard or doesnt care about money, which is fine, but fuck that. If it was 2 weeks or a month from release, then I could see the point.

And MS will not ban you for playing it early. Its not pirated. Ive played about 15 games early since 2006, some (Mass Effect) over a month early.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Your post contradicts itself. If a legit copy does not get you banned, why would anyone need to worry about being unbanned?[/QUOTE]

My post contradicts nothing ... I just simply forgot I have to explain my posts in every detail possible on the internet for people.

You will not get a PERMANENT ban for playing early if even caught. As long as you have the reciept

[quote name='Distrato']Does it include a free
RED RING OF DEATH :lol:
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those ship FREE with every 360 :cool:

well even if he tried to buy it the system would red flag, not letting him buy it and alert the team lead. Which then they would pull it off the shelf and put it back in the electronics stock room. This happened at my store with Killzone 2...

I was in a gamestop yesterday when the UPS guy came in with a huge shipment and said to the employee "I've got three more loads after this one". I didn't think anything about it until I was at another gamestop miles away a few hours later. Behind the counter they had a stack of the console bundles and boxes and boxes of the game with the street date plastered all over them so yeah looks like they shipped out and arrived yesterday to most of the stores.

[quote name='cousintiki']I was in a gamestop yesterday when the UPS guy came in with a huge shipment and said to the employee "I've got three more loads after this one". I didn't think anything about it until I was at another gamestop miles away a few hours later. Behind the counter they had a stack of the console bundles and boxes and boxes of the game with the street date plastered all over them so yeah looks like they shipped out and arrived yesterday to most of the stores.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they arrived here yesterday (VA) too.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Yep, they arrived here yesterday (VA) too.[/QUOTE]

Stop salivating at Gamestop. Walk over to any competent mom & pop store, and ask for it. I know a few stores in NY have been selling it since last night.

[quote name='Survivalism']They'll most likely find out about it when they try to sell it to those other people.

^^Also, how are they going to tell the difference between a pirated copy and a legit copy before the street date? It's illegal either way.

How's that?[/QUOTE]

With regards to how Microsoft bans people from xbox live, Microsoft bans modded consoles that allow you to play pirated copies of video games from xbox live. Thus, Microsoft is banning the console because you modded to play pirated games. They are not realy banning you for buying pirated games. Although you do need a modded console to play pirated games.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']With regards to how Microsoft bans people from xbox live, Microsoft bans modded consoles that allow you to play pirated copies of video games from xbox live. Thus, Microsoft is banning the console because you modded to play pirated games. They are not realy banning you for buying pirated games. Although you do need a modded console to play pirated games.[/QUOTE]

i always wondered how people mod their consoles, and who sells these pirated games....

I just picked up my copy of MW2 at a game store in Pompton Lakes, NJ. Won't be able to play it until late tonight as I have work in 20 minutes.

walked over to my local mom & pop video game store during my dinner break, & found they had about 10 copies behind the counter, (same place i bought some other early released games in the past ) & I just bought myself a copy!! the girl advised me she had gotten the shipment on Tuesday. wow. I can't wait to play later when i get home from work! . i asked for a receipt , this place is so mom & pop, it's more like some collage kids own it, but the receipt is a hand written one, i have one of there business cards & receipt, just in case i get any beef with Microsoft. but knock on wood, I've been lucky, I've played a bunch of early bought legit games ( before street date ) & never had any problems. i would never play pirated games!!

bread's done
Back