Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition $89.99 YMMV

ARios2k5

CAG Veteran
This is my first thread here but anyways, I just came back from Best Buy in Mira Mesa, San Diego where I purchased MW2 Prestige for 89.99. They are currently running a 3 day sale on this item as well as the tekken 6 arcade thing where it's 50 bucks off of the price, making it 99.99. As I was showing my girlfriend the game, one of the associates came up to me and told me that he would knock the price down to 89.99 because they were trying to get rid of the prestige edition. They only had it available on the 360 because they were preorders that were not picked up, the PS3 ones did. Anyways I wanted to post this up here and if any San Diegans are out there, they could get in on this if they wanted to. I'm not sure if this is available in other Best Buys, all I know is that it's available in the Mira Mesa Best Buy in San Diego.

I find it hard to believe they are left over pre-orders. I bought my hardened copy of Best Buy on release date and they had tons of regular, hardened, and prestige edition copies sitting around, probably a hundred prestige and hardened each at least and that's just on the floor. I'm sure as usual they just ordered a ton of them not realizing not many people are going to buy $100+ for a video game with shitty night vision goggles.

[quote name='mission42']I find it hard to believe they are left over pre-orders. I bought my hardened copy of Best Buy on release date and they had tons of regular, hardened, and prestige edition copies sitting around, probably a hundred prestige and hardened each at least and that's just on the floor. I'm sure as usual they just ordered a ton of them not realizing not many people are going to buy $100+ for a video game with shitty night vision goggles.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked the NVG

[quote name='JaroldL']anyone know how many billions did this game take?

and it hasn't been a year yet..[/QUOTE]

Billions? Has it beaten Grand Theft Auto4?

I know that someone in the Wisconsin deals thread mentioned that the BB on the east side of Madison, WI had some at $74.99. I believe they are sold out, but that may mean that it is a national clearance!

[quote name='perdition(troy']I actually liked the NVG[/QUOTE]

Me, too. It actually works and it looks cool on display. I just think people who talk crap about them are just bitter about not being able to afford them.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Me, too. It actually works and it looks cool on display. I just think people who talk crap about them are just bitter about not being able to afford them.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? Have you ever used real night vision of any kind? It makes these toys look like garbage. A lot of us could easily afford this junk, but didn't buy it because it seemed like a waste of money to spend an extra $70 for a plastic piece of crap with a cheap sticker on the side that was going to sit in the box collecting dust.

The only Prestige Edition I've seen around are the 360 versions. I was under the impression the PS3's were sold out and gone long before it was even released. O_O

[quote name='greggysasaki']Me, too. It actually works and it looks cool on display. I just think people who talk crap about them are just bitter about not being able to afford them.[/QUOTE]

It's not that I can't afford them, it's that I choose not to purchase the idiotic special edition/prestige edition/extreme edition/whatever the fuck edition that these companies push on people. I'll pay extra for another game or even a steelbook but when it goes to throwing in a little action figure or a special book or a cheap ass batarang or night vision goggles that obviously are not going to be very good given the price, I'll save my money. I don't think a pair of night vision goggles packed with a video game that costs around $50 are going to be worth it. They may work and function decent enough but not worth the extra cost. If people keep spending money on this shit, companies will keep putting shit out there.

How often do you use those NVGs you have? For the price you paid to have those fancy extra dust collectors, you could be playing another brand new game, or taking a date out to dinner and a movie, or doing numerous other things. I'm glad you enjoy your purchase but don't assume the rest of the world is bitter about a shitty purchase you made because we can't "afford" them. We're just not fools who throw out money away at any little thing that flies by our face.

I bought the prestige edition and it was cool for about a week then I threw those nightvision goggles on ebay and made $200. Suckers :).

[quote name='mission42']It's not that I can't afford them, it's that I choose not to purchase the idiotic special edition/prestige edition/extreme edition/whatever the fuck edition that these companies push on people. I'll pay extra for another game or even a steelbook but when it goes to throwing in a little action figure or a special book or a cheap ass batarang or night vision goggles that obviously are not going to be very good given the price, I'll save my money. I don't think a pair of night vision goggles packed with a video game that costs around $50 are going to be worth it. They may work and function decent enough but not worth the extra cost. If people keep spending money on this shit, companies will keep putting shit out there.

How often do you use those NVGs you have? For the price you paid to have those fancy extra dust collectors, you could be playing another brand new game, or taking a date out to dinner and a movie, or doing numerous other things. I'm glad you enjoy your purchase but don't assume the rest of the world is bitter about a shitty purchase you made because we can't "afford" them. We're just not fools who throw out money away at any little thing that flies by our face.[/QUOTE]

I miss the Unreal Tournamnet 2k4 special edition. It came on a dvd instead of 6 cds, included a dvd of mod tools and hundreds of hours of tutorial videos for modding, and came with a logitech headset. All for ten bucks more.

So was it a YELLOW/RED Sticker Manager Override price? Or did it just ring up for that price... If it just rang up that price I might need to check some of my local Best Buys so that I can get my friend a pair of NVGs :p

[quote name='mission42']
It's not that I can't afford them, it's that I choose not to purchase the idiotic special edition/prestige edition/extreme edition/whatever the edition that these companies push on people. I'll pay extra for another game or even a steelbook but when it goes to throwing in a little action figure or a special book or a cheap ass batarang or night vision goggles that obviously are not going to be very good given the price, I'll save my money. I don't think a pair of night vision goggles packed with a video game that costs around $50 are going to be worth it. They may work and function decent enough but not worth the extra cost. If people keep spending money on this shit, companies will keep putting shit out there.

How often do you use those NVGs you have? For the price you paid to have those fancy extra dust collectors, you could be playing another brand new game, or taking a date out to dinner and a movie, or doing numerous other things. I'm glad you enjoy your purchase but don't assume the rest of the world is bitter about a shitty purchase you made because we can't "afford" them. We're just not fools who throw out money away at any little thing that flies by our face.[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's nice to know you kids are being wise with your money. You say you'll pay extra for "another game or even a steelbook"...hey guess what...the prestige comes with both of those and more. Why don't you buy yourself a bar of soap and wash your mouth with it. And stop having goggle envy...it's just not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greggysasaki']Wow. It's nice to know you kids are being wise with your money. You say you'll pay extra for "another game or even a steelbook"...hey guess what...the prestige comes with both of those and more. Why don't you buy yourself a bar of soap and wash your mouth with it. And stop having goggle envy...it's just not cool.[/QUOTE]

I'd hardly call an outdated download which also comes with the much cheaper Hardened Edition another game. Certainly, it's not the equivalent on an A-List release which could be more than covered had you gone for the Hardened Edition sans the crap specs. You paid $70 plus tax extra for a crappy plastic toy set of night vision goggles which are completely useless and are now popping up as clearance at Best Buy for $60 less than you paid. It seems to me that you are the ones who have envy.

just came back from that same BB and no dice.
btw feel the earthquake today?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mission42']It's not that I can't afford them, it's that I choose not to purchase the idiotic special edition/prestige edition/extreme edition/whatever the fuck edition that these companies push on people. I'll pay extra for another game or even a steelbook but when it goes to throwing in a little action figure or a special book or a cheap ass batarang or night vision goggles that obviously are not going to be very good given the price, I'll save my money. I don't think a pair of night vision goggles packed with a video game that costs around $50 are going to be worth it. They may work and function decent enough but not worth the extra cost. If people keep spending money on this shit, companies will keep putting shit out there.

QFT

Some people like extras, but for me they are nothing but dust collectors that don't make the game any better or enjoyable. For me, they could have had the CAG edition. Put the game in a jewel case and sell it for $39.99. But I guess you can show those goggles off to the people that have the Halo 3 helmets.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'd hardly call an outdated download which also comes with the much cheaper Hardened Edition another game. Certainly, it's not the equivalent on an A-List release which could be more than covered had you gone for the Hardened Edition sans the crap specs. You paid $70 plus tax extra for a crappy plastic toy set of night vision goggles which are completely useless and are now popping up as clearance at Best Buy for $60 less than you paid. It seems to me that you are the ones who have envy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I paid $60 for the entire set since I had Amazon's 1/2 off coupon stacked with ECA's 10%. Tsk tsk...I guess you're the one with envy now.

so if i just got an offer for $170 for the sealed PS3 version, should i sell it for that price? I paid $105 Amazon credit for them and i already have the regular edition.

is the ps3s value going to tank like the 360s?

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='greggysasaki']Actually, I paid $60 for the entire set since I had Amazon's 1/2 off coupon stacked with ECA's 10%. Tsk tsk...I guess you're the one with envy now.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I could care less about the Prestige Edition and will probably only grab one when it hits $40 like the Legendary Halo 3 I picked up a while back and even then it's only because I like steelbooks. Of course, you really paid more than $60 because you had to trade a bunch of games in to get that coupon and those weren't free. I have no problem with people saying they are happy to spend extra for various pack-in items in collector's editions, but I would really appreciate it if people would also recognize that the rest of the world, including most gamers, could care less.

[quote name='IcBluScRn']just came back from that same BB and no dice.
btw feel the earthquake today?[/QUOTE]
That's too bad, there were at least 10 left last night around 8:00pm.
And no, I didn't feel the earthquake even though they said it was strong, which is too bad, I've been itching for one in a while.

And to the person asking, there was a sign on an endcap saying 50 bucks off the price and then at the register, it had to be price overrided by the MOD.

[quote name='bojay1997']You're kidding, right? Have you ever used real night vision of any kind? It makes these toys look like garbage. A lot of us could easily afford this junk, but didn't buy it because it seemed like a waste of money to spend an extra $70 for a plastic piece of crap with a cheap sticker on the side that was going to sit in the box collecting dust.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

You sir or Madam are a clown.

You have never used any real nvgs let alone "toy" ones, so go back into your mothers basement troll.

Compared to the batarang that came with Arkham Asylum the NVG's that are in the prestige edition are a way better bonus, I mean that batarang is just a piece of plastic you would think that they could at least make it out of metal.

batarang sucked. but the nvg is another 50. considering u dont ever use either very much, its just as bad. yes prestige had the callduty1 download but y bother.. use that 50 to buy dragon age or ff13 and u got hours of gameplay at home rather than use nvg for no damn reason. borrowed my friends nvg as couldnt think of anything to do with it. it was cool to hold and test it but thats it.. i just sold mine and made 80 profit.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Wow. It's nice to know you kids are being wise with your money. You say you'll pay extra for "another game or even a steelbook"...hey guess what...the prestige comes with both of those and more. Why don't you buy yourself a bar of soap and wash your mouth with it. And stop having goggle envy...it's just not cool.[/QUOTE]

Like my grandma used to say, just because you can act like a horses ass doesnt mean you have to.

We have enough mean spirited jerks on the net as it is, we dont need another. I got an idea for ya, why dont you focus more on things that make you happy instead of cruising the net so you can find things to complain about that have absolutely nothing to do with you at all.

Grow up ya immature brat.

[quote name='IcBluScRn']just came back from that same BB and no dice.
btw feel the earthquake today?[/QUOTE]

came back from there before they closed [about 9pm on the 30th] and everyone i asked seemed to have no clue as usual and just gave up asking about the $89.99 price. anyway they price checked it and it still rang up as normal price $149.99, but i mentioned they had a printed out flyer stating the $99.99 price on one of the end shelves. after a group of like 5 of them huddled up for 5 minutes to figure out what to do, they finally decide to give the price stated on the print out. there were still maybe 10 360 versions that i saw if anyones still interested. comes out to 108.74 with tax [99.99+8.75]

i used the nvg for like 20 mins then put them away so you gotta decide if theyre worth the $50 or so bucks. im probably end up trying to sell mine to have a decent net price on just the game.

Damn, you guys are getting vicious on here. I see where both people are coming from. A lot of it just depends on how big of a fan you are of a certain franchise. Pricing does have something to do with it as well. Didn't the hardened edition have the COD classic code too? If that's the case, then it does seem like you are paying $70 more for novelty night vision goggles. But hey, to each their own. What really sells me is extra content for the game I'm purchasing. This is why I will be purchasing the collector's edition of Mass Effect 2 and the regular edition of Bioshock 2.

Either way, you are looking at nearly 50% off the price of the Prestige edition, so if you ever had your eye on it, this is a damn good deal.

[quote name='gargus']Like my grandma used to say, just because you can act like a horses ass doesnt mean you have to.

We have enough mean spirited jerks on the net as it is, we dont need another. I got an idea for ya, why dont you focus more on things that make you happy instead of cruising the net so you can find things to complain about that have absolutely nothing to do with you at all.

Grow up ya immature brat.[/QUOTE]

Well, you should've listened to your grandma:lol:. And get your facts straight, newb. I wasn't the one complaining about extras and how they're a waste of money.

[quote name='dusty737']Compared to the batarang that came with Arkham Asylum the NVG's that are in the prestige edition are a way better bonus, I mean that batarang is just a piece of plastic you would think that they could at least make it out of metal.[/QUOTE]
actually, they DID make the original one out metal, which is the one that was shown at E3 when Batman:AA debuted. unfortunately, because of the way that it was originally designed, it was considered a weapon in several states and had to be redesigned. that's why the one that was released was plastic...

and not for nothing, but you can get a real metal replica of the batarang online for around $20-$30...

and to get back on topic, the BB by me in Levittown, NY has 2 prestige editions, both of which still scan at $149.99. so it's definitely a YMMV...

bread's done
Back