Modern Warfare 2- Prestige edition worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDiddy0042

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I have been debating with myself for a while now whether or not I want to reserve a MW2: Prestige Edition bundle. I think the NVG's would be freakin bad@$$ to have, but I'm not sure when I would use them outside of just goofing around. I understand that it also comes with the steelbook case and Call of Duty 1, but then, so does the hardened edition. I guess what my main question is comes down to this: in your opinion, do the NVG's warrant an extra $70.00 expenditure over the hardened edition? Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get it ordered soon if I do decide on it. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Essence07']A cheapassgamer shouldn't even have to ask that question.[/QUOTE]
i second that honestly not even the collectors edition is worth it much less the prestige.... as far as i see it the only collectors editions coming out that r worth it are demons souls and assassins creed 2s.

[quote name='Essence07']A cheapassgamer shouldn't even have to ask that question.[/QUOTE]

Well put.

The only time that you could justify it is if you had one of the 50% off coupons from Amazon Trade-In Promotion which would make it $75. But even then I passed in it myself. I know how crappy those NVG's are going to be.

No. I avoid picking up useless knick knacks, especially dorky crap like night vision goggles.

I just want the game so I can play the hell out of it until I'm sick of it, throw it on goozex and not have anything cluttering up the apartment.

50 foot range and it's not even close to military quality. Not worth extra even at a discounted price.

No, it's not worth, but I bought it anyways because of all of the discounts mentioned above. In total, it will cost me $50 with release date delivery.

Normal = $56 - $28 (50% off coupon) - $5.6 (ECA 10% discount) - $10 (Amazon gift card) = ~$12.50
Prestige = $150 - $75 - $15 - $10 = $50

So about $40 for goggles, Call of Duty remake, Art book, and a steel case. All in all, nothing that important to me, but what else was I going to use the 50% coupon on? I'll probably give the night vision goggles to one of the younger boys in my family. Just because they're not 9th generation NVG doesn't mean a young kid can't have a blast with them.

Thanks for the input everyone. I've decided to just get the normal version (I can get WWII action via WAW if I want it). CAG just saved me $90.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back