Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 Bundle announced

j940651

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Cons...01&pf_rd_p=490390691&pf_rd_i=modern warfare 2

41MXzmlysjL._AA280_.jpg

There is rumored to be a new Elite with the 2 controllers and 250 GB drive as well bundled with Forza 3, but it'll be the regular black Elite.

If anyone sees the CoD: MW2 package for sale at a Canadian retailer, please post here as I'd like to pre-order it. Thanks.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I don't see what's so money-saving about it.[/QUOTE]

compare it to an elite bundle.

the system = $325
extra controller = $60
the game itself = $75
extra 120G HDD = $150 (you can't get a 250G outside the new bundles)

you're looking at over $600 to buy its equivalent.
this is at LEAST $170 bucks off an elite with the buy it yourself extras.

I think that's a bit misleading, as the insightbits article says, you're saving $30 on MSRP (which we all can do better on here), plus you get an extra 130 GB.. I'm not sure how you'd value that space, but I wouldn't call it $150 in value.

Keep in mind the $329 Elite bundle contains the Wireless Network Adapter which still sells for $99 separately, this bundle does not have that.

^^ Agreed. The prices are a bit high, since you can get an extra controller for $50, and you could've pre-ordered MW2 for $60 when FS offered $10 any pre-order. I'd say getting the Halo 3 Elite could be a better deal if you needed everything included (Halo 3/Wireless Network Adapter), since that's $330, plus another $110 for MW2 and a controller, making it slightly more expensive, only missing out on the 130GB of HD space. However, if you download a lot of content, the extra space may be more important. I can see somewhere down the line MS discontinuing either the Arcade SKU or the current Elite SKU, and having everything move down a notch; 120GB Elite for $199, and 250GB Super Elite for $300. Alternatively, eliminating the 120GB SKU altogether and having the Arcade/Super Elite combination.

Jesus, $399?

You're just getting a free copy of the game though :( then add on the wifi adapter and the play and charge kits for both your controllers and then it's hella expensive.

I think the extra space will be needed. The Xbox major limitation is its space. Take Forza 3 for example where it comes with 2 dvds and you need to install the second one on the machine. I personally think Microsoft will have to sell partial games on DvDs requiring you to either download or install the rest.

[quote name='TripleQ']I think that's a bit misleading, as the insightbits article says, you're saving $30 on MSRP (which we all can do better on here), plus you get an extra 130 GB.. I'm not sure how you'd value that space, but I wouldn't call it $150 in value.[/QUOTE]

that's what a 2nd 120g hd costs new seperately.

[quote name='j940651']that's what a 2nd 120g hd costs new seperately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if I buy two GameCubes and duct tape them together does that really make a Wii?

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah but if I buy two GameCubes and duct tape them together does that really make a Wii?[/QUOTE]

i don't know what that means but i know that having a HD twice the size
of the current "large" HD is a good thing. yeah there isn't a price for a
250g HD separately. i was just saying it would cost $150 to to have the
equivalent amount of space that the new bundles provide.
and space is at a premium now more than ever.

-bigger and better arcade games
-games on demand
-expansions and 'episodes' are becoming common

i don't care what you what guys say, i still think if you're jumping onto the
360 console for the 1st time that this is a good deal.
it's a great starter kit. i guess i just dont get the appeal of a wifi adapter.
you guys act like that's gold. yup, i'd rather have the 2x size HD you can't
buy in stores. i'm weird. :whistle2:s

Depends on your needs, I guess; Do you want the wifi adapter or an extra 130GB of HD space? Do you want Halo 3 or COD:MW2? And of course MS will release the 250GB in stores eventually, I'd say replacing the standalone 120GB HD for price, and moving the 120GB down to replace the 60GB XBL Starter Pack.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Depends on your needs, I guess; Do you want the wifi adapter or an extra 130GB of HD space? Do you want Halo 3 or COD:MW2? And of course MS will release the 250GB in stores eventually, I'd say replacing the standalone 120GB HD for price, and moving the 120GB down to replace the 60GB XBL Starter Pack.[/QUOTE]

true. it's all about your needs.
anyways it's a collector's edition.
you pay more just to say you're part of that exclusive club.

...he said staring wistfully at his batarang :dunce:

[quote name='mkrowe']Keep in mind the $329 Elite bundle contains the Wireless Network Adapter which still sells for $99 separately, this bundle does not have that.[/QUOTE]

Speaking about the $329 Elite bundle, can anyone confirm that this is new "jasper" elite?
HTML:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10128795&catid=23383&test_cookie=1

[quote name='sickle']Speaking about the $329 Elite bundle, can anyone confirm that this is new "jasper" elite?[/QUOTE]

I've looked at many of these at Best Buy and Future Shop. Of all the ones I've scoured, the Lot numbers on average are over a year old, some as recent as 084X, but this is still old Falcon stock from what I can tell. YMMV.

[quote name='game_fanatic']$429.99? Ouch.[/QUOTE]\
It's not as bad as it sounds. If you consider MS ridiculous retail prices, this is pretty good.
The extra controller and COD retail for $60 and $70 plus if a 250gb hd was ever to be sold separately you know it would be at least $200 retail, that's already $330. Then you're left with an ugly arcade console with a headset and controller for $100

Meh, I guess I look at it as a barebones 250GB PS3 costs $350, and you could get COD:MW2 for $50-$60 (FS pre-order, Dell pre-order, T3) and an extra PS3 controller could be had for around $45. Sure, it's more money than the MW2 bundle, but you're getting a blu-ray player to boot. It's a good deal for the bundle, sure, but seeing such a high price tag so late after launch is confusing to me.

trust me, i see it your way too. The only reason i'm considering this is because i can pay off most of it with tax free edge credit and then sell both controllers and my old 120gb hd

bread's done
Back