Modern Warfare 3 49.99 + tax @ Futureshop/Best Buy additional 800 reward zone points

Faytz

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Infinity Ward is still intact, and apparently fully functional. Respawn Entertainment shifted alot of important people, but Activision has the money to replace them I guess.

I'm personally waiting to see what they have in their black top hat before jumping back on the Virtual Heroine ship. Modern Warfare is a great game - just the majority of users are down right shit, it simply can't be taken seriously most times.

...and if anything I think I'll stick with Uncharted 3's online multiplayer this holiday season. UC2's was quite underrated.

This is a good deal though. Convenient to jump on it this early, so if you guys are convinced MW3 will be worth it (whether that's to play it or sell it off for $10-15 more on launch) then yeah, get in.

i totally forgot Infinity Ward was still around though severely crippled in terms of their original staff...

ahh well I'm probably passing on this one until its cheap. I enjoyed Blops but it didn't last long with me and I found myself returning to Halo Reach. This holiday with Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and (in early 2012) Mass Effect 3, i really don't need anything else especially since I really only play though the CoD single-player campaigns.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Looks good, but I'm sure this game will be a Power Trade at EB.[/QUOTE]

I honestly doubt that to be the case. COD is a guaranteed seller. At best we'll see a tier trade at EB/Gamestop.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']I honestly doubt that to be the case. COD is a guaranteed seller. At best we'll see a tier trade at EB/Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. Then again, L.A Noire is also a guaranteed seller, being a Rockstar published game and with the huge marketing push it got. Yet, it's a power-trade until this weekend. Go figure.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Pretty much. Then again, L.A Noire is also a guaranteed seller, being a Rockstar published game and with the huge marketing push it got. Yet, it's a power-trade until this weekend. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

L.A. Noire will be lucky to do 600k across both platforms first week. Black Ops did over 6 million; that's a huge difference. Even Red Dead Redemption did over a million combined first week. I don't think L.A. Noire is going to move as well as you might think based on the marketing push.

Stopped with COD after the fourth one. But I will definitely buy this from Best Buy. It's a great deal and you just know the price will remain high for a long time. I mean they're still selling Modern Warfare 2 for $49.99 and it's like what, 2 years old?

I'll play it because all of my friends will be playing it.

[quote name='VetraX']Infinity Ward is still intact, and apparently fully functional. Respawn Entertainment shifted alot of important people, but Activision has the money to replace them I guess.

I'm personally waiting to see what they have in their black top hat before jumping back on the Virtual Heroine ship. Modern Warfare is a great game - just the majority of users are down right shit, it simply can't be taken seriously most times.[/QUOTE]
THanks for the info OP... I'll pre-order and decide later whether to keep it or not.

Infinity Ward lost over one hundred of their tech folks. Not a good sign. MW3 is being done by Infinity Ward and 2 other developers (Sledgehammer and Raven) ... an even worse sign. Very few games get better with more teams in the mix ... none that I can think of.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/...oped-by-infinity-ward-sledgehammer-and-raven/

[quote name='TigerToa']THanks for the info OP... I'll pre-order and decide later whether to keep it or not.

Infinity Ward lost over one hundred of their tech folks. Not a good sign. MW3 is being done by Infinity Ward and 2 other developers (Sledgehammer and Raven) ... an even worse sign. Very few games get better with more teams in the mix ... none that I can think of.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/...oped-by-infinity-ward-sledgehammer-and-raven/[/QUOTE]

Didn't Activision put a halt to their other IPs to focus solely on COD? They won't let anything happen to it you can be sure of that.

As long as the multiplayer portion is still fun, COD fans will buy the game; majority of COD fans buy it for the multiplayer anyways.

Pre-ordered at GS for the poster... really waiting on the announcements of the different editions... I will see if I can switch to BB to take advantage of their deal later :)

[quote name='Derfel']L.A. Noire will be lucky to do 600k across both platforms first week. Black Ops did over 6 million; that's a huge difference. Even Red Dead Redemption did over a million combined first week. I don't think L.A. Noire is going to move as well as you might think based on the marketing push.[/QUOTE]

I kno this is a couple days old but day 1 sale for the U.S was 550k 60% for the 360

bread's done
Back