Modern Warfare 3 Announcement Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should've been merged with my thread since CoD is multiplatform, but that's cool. I'm hesitant to say I'm excited for this.. it's really too soon for this announcement, I thought it'd be saved for E3 or something.. I guess we'll see what's up in a few days.

When a new games comes out yearly it's never too soon.

I'm done with Call of Duty. Its a dead series to me. It's all downhill from here ala Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Who is even developing this game?

I'll play Battlefield 3 when it comes out and I'm looking forward to whatever Respawn entertainment is making.

[quote name='Scorch']This should've been merged with my thread since CoD is multiplatform, but that's cool. I'm hesitant to say I'm excited for this.. it's really too soon for this announcement, I thought it'd be saved for E3 or something.. I guess we'll see what's up in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Merge away. I looked through the General Gaming thread and didn't see anything, must've missed it.

It's the fifth post down, but it's locked.. I made it after yours anyway, so it's cool. Anyway.

Like I said, I'm hesitant. As far as I know, it's still Infinity Ward, just different members. I don't think it'll be too hard to make a decent MW3 since the engine and everything is there, it just might feel rehashed.. kinda like Black Ops did.. but I'll still buy it.

[quote name='Puffa469']When a new games comes out yearly it's never too soon.

I'm done with Call of Duty. Its a dead series to me. It's all downhill from here ala Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Who is even developing this game?

I'll play Battlefield 3 when it comes out and I'm looking forward to whatever Respawn entertainment is making.[/QUOTE]

IW with Sledgehammer helping out with single player and Raven is helping out with multiplayer. I know, I know, too many cooks in the kitchen. MW2 had the best engine in COD series though. They can easily fix the problems MW2 had, add in new things and have a great game.

Gameplay or bust at this point as all my [shooter] focus is on Battlefield 3 and Future Soldier (some on Crysis 2 too). Don't have high hopes after the chaos that surely delayed their progress and contracting 2 other studios is a hesitant flag by itself - but boy do I love me that heartbeat sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, when I played Black Ops when it came out, I was positive that it would bomb. I said to myself, "wow, they really didn't try at all with this one, this is going to create a rage storm."

But no, everyone loves Black Ops. So really, I'm positive they can do whatever they want, as long as there are a few new perks and text still pops up in your face to constantly remind you how great you are -- then CoD will always sell.

They could screw it up very easily though, I bet adding recoil would piss a lot of people off, for example.

[quote name='Trakan']IW with Sledgehammer helping out with single player and Raven is helping out with multiplayer. I know, I know, too many cooks in the kitchen. MW2 had the best engine in COD series though. They can easily fix the problems MW2 had, add in new things and have a great game.[/QUOTE]

3 developers? Wow. IW was in a lot worse shape staff wise than I had thought.

I really hope that it turns out good, but with 3 developers all giving their opinions on different things, the massive delays and resulting rushing from IW, MW3 sounds like its going to be a train wreck. Oh well, it still says Call of Duty on it so it's bound to sell like 500 million copies on launch day anyways.

Meh... it'll just be cryptic as hell and we won't see one with actual gameplay until some Bastketball game as the past has proven. They need new smoke effects at least.

Or they're pulling a big prank.....Everyone knows the names and there's no reason EA couldn't make those dogtags up. Think about the buzz they'd generate if everyone thought it was MW3 and then it turned out to be BF3. Frankly I don't care. MW 2 was a pos and BO was the same thing.

[quote name='slickkill77']Or they're pulling a big prank.....Everyone knows the names and there's no reason EA couldn't make those dogtags up. Think about the buzz they'd generate if everyone thought it was MW3 and then it turned out to be BF3. Frankly I don't care. MW 2 was a pos and BO was the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Dice would ever agree to that. That's a slap in their face if EA was doing as you said. If that were true, it'd basically be them saying "Hey your brand isn't strong enough, so we'll trick people into thinking it's COD!"

Highly doubtful. I'll actually say, completely impossible.

There's no way that someone sent Joystiq dog tags as a hoax. This has something to do with some kind of an announcement.

[quote name='Trakan']There's no way that someone sent Joystiq dog tags as a hoax. This has something to do with some kind of an announcement.[/QUOTE]
It'll definitely be something, just not Modern Warfare 3.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I doubt Dice would ever agree to that. That's a slap in their face if EA was doing as you said. If that were true, it'd basically be them saying "Hey your brand isn't strong enough, so we'll trick people into thinking it's COD!"

Highly doubtful. I'll actually say, completely impossible.[/QUOTE]

Right. The 'goofy' marketing worked for Bulletstorm, because it doesn't take itself too seriously. But Battlefield? What would the angle be? The nameless soldiers of BF3 killed the CoD squad? Makes no sense.

[quote name='Amblix']It'll definitely be something, just not Modern Warfare 3.[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but I'm still not ruling out a MW3 announcement. MW2 was announced at GDC 09. If I were Activision, why would I confirm that a countdown to a reveal was real days before it was supposed to be announced? It would just ruin the surprise early.

I'm not saying it's definitely MW3, but I don't trust a word Activision says either.

[quote name='Trakan']Possibly, but I'm still not ruling out a MW3 announcement. MW2 was announced at GDC 09. If I were Activision, why would I confirm that a countdown to a reveal was real days before it was supposed to be announced? It would just ruin the surprise early.

I'm not saying it's definitely MW3, but I don't trust a word Activision says either.[/QUOTE]

Well the only reason I would be able to come up with is the picture that flashes on the site.

A 3 star general having an improper beret
mw3_tease_22567_screen.jpg

MW2 had a proper beret

Shpherd.png

And here's a beret from Bad Company

Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Impressions.jpg

Why is there a question mark in the title of this thread? Of course there is a Modern Warfare 3 announcement coming. There has been, ever since Modern Warfare 1 was such a big hit. There is a Modern Warfare 3 announcement coming eventually, and the same goes for a Modern Warfare 4 and a Modern Warfare 5 and a Modern Warfare 6 announcement, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='physalis123']I am really look forward to what they could possibly do to wow the crowd from their really horrible rep.[/QUOTE]

You mean the same "horrible rep" that sold over 20 million copies of MW2? Idiots don't buy these disgraceful games because of "rep."

[quote name='Chuplayer']I, for one, welcome the end of the storyline.[/QUOTE]

There's a storyline?

I can't remember anything that connects 1 to 2 except a guy named Soap and some Russian guy you were supposed to kill. What I DO remember is a mish-mosh of references to 24, Metal Gear Solid, Generation Kill, etc, that simply serve as "wouldn't it be awesome if..." ideas for levels.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I doubt Dice would ever agree to that. That's a slap in their face if EA was doing as you said. If that were true, it'd basically be them saying "Hey your brand isn't strong enough, so we'll trick people into thinking it's COD!"[/QUOTE]

It's not like EA hasn't pulled some marketing boners in the past. The Godfather 2 swag kits with the brass knuckles, the fake church protest of Dante's Inferno, etc.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's not like EA hasn't pulled some marketing boners in the past. The Godfather 2 swag kits with the brass knuckles, the fake church protest of Dante's Inferno, etc.[/QUOTE]

No publisher would ever so blatantly "insult" one of their biggest brands. BF doesn't need Call of Duty's help. BF 1943 and BF:BC 1 and 2 proved that.

[quote name='Trakan']http://www.gameslice.com/2011/02/26/what-is-findmakarov/[/QUOTE]

You posted this and the thread is alive still? c'mon dave.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']There's a storyline?

I can't remember anything that connects 1 to 2 except a guy named Soap and some Russian guy you were supposed to kill. What I DO remember is a mish-mosh of references to 24, Metal Gear Solid, Generation Kill, etc, that simply serve as "wouldn't it be awesome if..." ideas for levels.[/QUOTE]

The storyline that was left completely open-ended at the end of the second game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back