Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

[quote name='Buckeye23']Agreed, and the contract was renewed for BO2 also. :([/QUOTE]

PSN's cod elite is not even worth it, what a waste of money :drool:

It's painfully obvious that none of the people than made call of duty 4 had anything to do with modern warfare 3. I played this at my friends house and watching him get quickscope sniper kills made me sick not to mention all those other 1 hit kills with throwing weapons. They don't even call this COD anymore and i am shocked people buy maps for 50 bucks when they could get a year of ps plus which gives out about 1-3 free games a month that are better than this game.

MW3 is what MW2 should have been. BO is still better than MW3 IMO. I am so ready for B02. Ive always loved WaW and treyarchs games. MW2 and MW2 have so many problems that the games can be unplayable at many times.

[quote name='Buckeye23']MW3 is what MW2 should have been. BO is still better than MW3 IMO. I am so ready for B02. Ive always loved WaW and treyarchs games. MW2 and MW2 have so many problems that the games can be unplayable at many times.[/QUOTE]

So people spamming RC cars all the time is your idea of fun? I'm not saying MW3 > BO, but BO had some of the worst maps I've seen. Seriously, why not just put people in a box and tell them to shoot each other (Nuketown)? Neither BO nor MW3 lived up to my expectations. MW2's maps have been some of the better maps released. The game was not too bad until the hackers took over.

I may come back and try some Terminal once it is released, but I really have no desire to play this much.

[quote name='GBH']It's painfully obvious that none of the people than made call of duty 4 had anything to do with modern warfare 3. I played this at my friends house and watching him get quickscope sniper kills made me sick not to mention all those other 1 hit kills with throwing weapons. They don't even call this COD anymore and i am shocked people buy maps for 50 bucks when they could get a year of ps plus which gives out about 1-3 free games a month that are better than this game.[/QUOTE] The throwing knives have been around since MW2 but they weren't obnoxious and required a bit of skill. I agree though it is extremely obvious that the Infinity Ward "team" barely managed to scrape by with a bastardized child of COD4 and MW2 at best.

[quote name='Buckeye23']MW3 is what MW2 should have been. BO is still better than MW3 IMO. I am so ready for B02. Ive always loved WaW and treyarchs games. MW2 and MW2 have so many problems that the games can be unplayable at many times.[/QUOTE]Black Ops only had two good maps(Nuketown and Summit). Between the RC car spamming, the terrible lag, the W@W graphics and god awful "customization", the game was only successful because MW2 was hacked and all support for the title dropped. It was a lateral move that I regret ever purchasing, it's also one of the few games I've traded.

If you liked it for the Zombies, I would understand. MW3 is what Black Ops should have been, MW2 was pretty god damn closed to perfection by all accounts and if it were remade with anti-hacking measures I'd buy it in a heart beat at full price.

[quote name='Mad39er']MW2 was pretty god damn closed to perfection by all accounts and if it were remade with anti-hacking measures I'd buy it in a heart beat at full price.[/QUOTE]If you stumble across any new game to play, throw a message my way.

[quote name='LordKefka06']If you stumble across any new game to play, throw a message my way.[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, I'm going to give the new MOH a try now that Danger Close is doing both the singleplayer campaign and multiplayer. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player in the first(since the multi bombed), I'm not going to get hyped up like I did originally but I have a better set of expectations now having seen BF3 just be awesome for what it is. You'll have my review on release as usual :)

I actually am enjoying mw2 now thanks to the aug. It's really hard to get past quick scoping snipers and aim assist but the aug has made all of that shit obsolete. I was about to stop bf3 around february but i discovered lmg's are more fun to use and the best for me in games since half the times i would die are because of reloading. What are the best perks in mw2 for the aug? I have been using the heartbeat sensor( i don't rely on it but if there gonna put something that lame in the game i have to counteract aim assist quick scoping some way since i have it turned off.(funny it still tracks enemies when turned off sometimes)
I use claymores, resupply perk, stopping power, and either steady aim or scrambler pro. You might think i am using some cheap tactics but nothings cheaper than quickscoping, run boost, and aim assist.

Claymores, heartbeat sensor, Ghost (I think it is called) Steady Aim, Cold Blooded (or whatever that perk is called, I haven't played it in a long time). The AUG is decent weapon for sure (I personally liked the TAR better though), but the perks are a big part in what makes a good build.

bread's done
Back