Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Ed. 360/PS3 $79.99 NEW @ GS B&M/OOS Online

[quote name='Sendoh']Do they have high resale value? Might go grab one from my local gs[/QUOTE]
looks like they're going for $100 on ebay, so not much of a profit (if any after fee's)

[quote name='Sendoh']Do they have high resale value? Might go grab one from my local gs[/QUOTE]

I would only get it if you are trying to upgrade (from vanilla) or buying it for yourself.

Does the founder card still work? I'd imagine there would be a deadline but having a year of dlc for $20.xx is sorta worth it.

[quote name='teh_minus']Does the founder card still work? I'd imagine there would be a deadline but having a year of dlc for $20.xx is sorta worth it.[/QUOTE]
Wondering this too, if so I would just flip my vanilla to GS since they still have that 40% trade in

[quote name='IamPro']Wondering this too, if so I would just flip my vanilla to GS since they still have that 40% trade in[/QUOTE]

lol didnt even think of it. Good idea. I emailed those guys to check stock @ 2 stores over an hour ago but no one has msged me back....

Nice, I just found a copy at the store right by my house. For those asking, there is no experation date on the founder status code, but there is a experation date for the elite year (exp 11/18/2012)

[quote name='teh_minus']Does the founder card still work? I'd imagine there would be a deadline but having a year of dlc for $20.xx is sorta worth it.[/QUOTE]

The founder card has no expiration. Activision stated this specifically on their twitter so that "late comers" can still get in on founder if they absolutely want to. But there is an expiration on COD ELITE

Edit: Daz beat me to it.

If you already own the game and want to get a free elite pass, this is a good deal to pick up. Just trade in your copy with the 40% bonus and that knocks the price down to the 40's. Then just sell your founder status code on ebay for about $50. That should make the elite pass free. And you get a free steel case. Winning!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']I would imagine by the time I get off work this would already be gone[/QUOTE]

Just set it up for in store pickup. I am not back home till 6pm tonight but i have a pickup confirmed for 2 days.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you already own the game and want to get a free elite pass, this is a good deal to pick up. Just trade in your copy with the 40% bonus and that knocks the price down to the 40's. Then just sell your founder status code on ebay for about $50. That should make the elite pass free. And you get a free steel case. Winning![/QUOTE]
Damn I didnt know there were two different codes in the box. I thought it was one code for the elite/founder status, which I though I'd get $40 or so for it. Those founder codes are going for $50 like you said on ebay. I already have founder status and sold my vanilla copy to a buddy for $40, so I should be able to make a few more bucks on this. :bouncy:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn I didnt know there were two different codes in the box. I thought it was one code for the elite/founder status, which I though I'd get $40 or so for it. Those founder codes are going for $50 like you said on ebay. I already have founder status and sold my vanilla copy to a buddy for $40, so I should be able to make a few more bucks on this. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yup I got founder due to activating elite in the time window. Jumped on selling the founder card a week after for $75 on eBay. Not to mention I got a free month of elite due to their servers potting out

My sob story is that I accidentally redeemed my Elite code on one of my kids accounts (they were logged in and I didn't realize it). I'm thinking of trading in my HE, buying the HE again, selling both founders cards (I didn't use mine yet). Hmm.

What exactly does Founders status get you? I can't imagine it's worth $50, but I am curious what you get for that.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yup I got founder due to activating elite in the time window. Jumped on selling the founder card a week after for $75 on eBay. Not to mention I got a free month of elite due to their servers potting out[/QUOTE]

I thought about parting it out and holding onto the founder pass until you absolutely needed, but I was making $50 on each one and heard about the extension of the founder status for people signing up for elite until the end of the month. Decided I would just take the easy money, but nice sell on the founder pass.

[quote name='crunchewy']My sob story is that I accidentally redeemed my Elite code on one of my kids accounts (they were logged in and I didn't realize it). I'm thinking of trading in my HE, buying the HE again, selling both founders cards (I didn't use mine yet). Hmm.

What exactly does Founders status get you? I can't imagine it's worth $50, but I am curious what you get for that.[/QUOTE]
Founder’s benefits include:
  • A Unique Founder Weapon Camo & Profile Skin for MW3
  • Exclusive Found in-game Player Card & Emblem in MW3
  • Access to the Private “#Founder” Group in Call of Duty ELITE
  • A Special Founder Clan XP Boost
  • Exclusive Founder Operations & Events

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you already own the game and want to get a free elite pass, this is a good deal to pick up. Just trade in your copy with the 40% bonus and that knocks the price down to the 40's. Then just sell your founder status code on ebay for about $50. That should make the elite pass free. And you get a free steel case. Winning![/QUOTE]
Nice calculations, didn't know founder status is worth 50 since I never jump in on these stuff

Has anyone verified that the in-store price is $79.99? I put in a hold, but it says "currrent in-store price applies", or something to that effect.

It's probably still worth my doing anyway, because I will then have 2 unused founders cards to sell. If I can get $50 a piece, minus fees, plus having traded in my original copy, it still works out positively and I end up with the Elite I screwed up on the first time.

Just so I'm clear:

The Hardened Edition comes with two seperate codes:

One that activates the Elite 1 year subscription AND a second code that activates founder status?

I have a friend that was willing to buy just the game off me for $40. If he is willing to still do that I might pick up the Hardened Edition if I can sell of the other two codes at a profit. I just want to make sure that one code is for just the founder status and one code is for just the elite subscription

Edit: And neither of the codes are in the steelbook case?

[quote name='GBAstar']Just so I'm clear:

The Hardened Edition comes with two seperate codes:

One that activates the Elite 1 year subscription AND a second code that activates founder status?

I have a friend that was willing to buy just the game off me for $40. If he is willing to still do that I might pick up the Hardened Edition if I can sell of the other two codes at a profit. I just want to make sure that one code is for just the founder status and one code is for just the elite subscription[/QUOTE]

You got it 100%.

Everything in the set can be sold (save the Elite Membership and game) to cover the cost of the purchase. You will then have the game + season pass for DLC for nothing. At least this is how I played it when I bought it at launch. Excellent buy at this price if the field journal is still fetching 30 or so, plus the founder card [can't just sign up and get founder anymore].

[quote name='kellte2']Everything in the set can be sold (save the Elite Membership and game) to cover the cost of the purchase. You will then have the game + season pass for DLC for nothing. At least this is how I played it when I bought it at launch. Excellent buy at this price if the field journal is still fetching 30 or so, plus the founder card [can't just sign up and get founder anymore].[/QUOTE]

Field journal is dropping in price right now. You probably could end up paying about $20-25 to have the Elite and game, which isn't bad. If you already own the game, it's a free upgrade.

hmm i might jump on this for both the ps3 version and xbox360 version to make some cash off it then thanks for the info

EDIT: i only see the code on ebay fro xbox360, do ppl buy them for ps3 too? or they can be used in both. Wondering which version i should get

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Field journal is dropping in price right now. You probably could end up paying about $20-25 to have the Elite and game, which isn't bad. If you already own the game, it's a free upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Not shocked by the journal price drop. It is filler junk. MW3 for under $30 would represent a good value to most. If you get the season pass included in that price, hard to say no.

[quote name='adamgould']Do you have to be a GS power up to get the 40% trade in?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't say it requires the power up membership on the website but i may be missing it...

EDIT: Damm beat me 2 it

I should have sold my field journal a while it ago, it seems. I think I opened it once. Even if I can only get $20 for it, that would still be a lot better than having it taking up space in a drawer.

Definitely going to go through with this since the in-store price is $80. I've got my copy held for me. Will trade in my old HE, buy the new, sell both founders cards and both journals. Win. If the avatar codes are fetching anything, I'll have two sets of those as well.

is it better to get it for xbox360 or ps3? the codes on ebay r mostly for xbox 360. wondering which version i should get to get the most bucks

[quote name='Sendoh']is it better to get it for xbox360 or ps3? the codes on ebay r mostly for xbox 360. wondering which version i should get to get the most bucks[/QUOTE]

I believe the founder pass isn't limited to a console. However the Elite sunscription is.

My gamestop said it was in stock but when I got there they said all copies were stolen, along with all of there dsi xls. That is there fault for putting them all on the floor by the door

[quote name='IamPro']Wondering this too, if so I would just flip my vanilla to GS since they still have that 40% trade in[/QUOTE]

yes the founder card is for like say u got it for xmas it kinda like insurance for your car

[quote name='postnet92']yes the founder card is for like say u got it for xmas it kinda like insurance for your car[/QUOTE]

What?

MW3 trade-in value $34.50 w/Pro card
FFXIII $6.75 w/Pro card
(bought both for $35 on CL)
=
$38.74 out the door no tax since I used my store credit :)

Can the Founder code be sold to people who already have Call of Duty Elite? I really dont care about Founder status. Just want to make sure there wont be any problems...

bread's done
Back