ModNation Racers -- General Info and Discussion

From Destructoid.com

When I asked, United Front Games was quiet on when the beta for its upcoming ModNation Racers would begin. I had my suspicions it would begin before year's end, and I was correct!

Sony has sent out emails confirming that the beta for United Front's racer/creators dreams will begin this month. While those who purchased LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition should already have a code (it came in the box), everyone else can sign up online for a chance to participate. Alternately, you can either be an existing subscriber to Qore, or subscribe on or before December 15 to receive a voucher.

When I visited United Front a few weeks back, I had a chance to check out what the beta will look like: a complete and total time sink. I say that in a good way -- with at least two pre-made tracks, thousands of parts to create a character with, and the full-featured track editor, there should be plenty to explore before the game launches next year.

Register by December 13th and get an exclusive ModNation PSN Theme!
exclusive_theme_img.png

[quote name='RCS0926']This looks awesome. Infinite replay value.[/QUOTE]

yea i hope i get the the beta. i love this platformer.

[quote name='mykee98']gamespot is giving away codes if you don't want to pay for qore:

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/modnation/
[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I updated the OP & title -- hopefully, some CAGs can get in on this like the BF: BC 2 beta code from several weeks ago.

I wonder when the beta codes for those who signed up on the MNR website will be notified. At the very least, I want that special MNR theme...

I also have my LBP GOTY voucher and I might have some extras because I signed up on the official site before Dec 3rd and supposedly anyone who did that are automatically in.

i hope i can get one of these beta codes the game looks like its going to be amazing. itll be fun to finally get into a decent racing game again.

Either I did the math wrong when I initially posted (probably the case) or they changed it, but apparently the start time for the code distribution is 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST Friday.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sweet! I updated the OP & title -- hopefully, some CAGs can get in on this like the BF: BC 2 beta code from several weeks ago.

I wonder when the beta codes for those who signed up on the MNR website will be notified. At the very least, I want that special MNR theme...[/QUOTE]

The site says the 17th. So, today sometime.

Didn't see it in the OP, so it should be noted that there are some other ways you can try to get a MNR beta code (yes, I'm probably going to be trying ALL of them as I really really want to try this out :p)

From the ModNation official site:

- Check out the PlayStation.Blog on December 18th for an announcement!
- Visit the PlayStation®Home Movie Theater on December 18th to see a special offer!

So looks like Friday I'm gonna be in PS Home on PS3, while having two windows open in my browser: PSBlog, and GameSpot page.

[quote name='Nirron']Didn't see it in the OP, so it should be noted that there are some other ways you can try to get a MNR beta code (yes, I'm probably going to be trying ALL of them as I really really want to try this out :p)

From the ModNation official site:

- Check out the PlayStation.Blog on December 18th for an announcement!
- Visit the PlayStation®Home Movie Theater on December 18th to see a special offer!

So looks like Friday I'm gonna be in PS Home on PS3, while having two windows open in my browser: PSBlog, and GameSpot page.[/QUOTE]

Sweet -- I'll update the OP.

Downloading now. Sony gave me a code and they want me to help them directly polish/suggest ideas for the game. So if you guys have any problems or frustrations please let me know and I can get it to the creators!

this looks amazing - FYI in case anyone else knows why i received a beta code just via email. didn't do anything special like sign up anywhere. can't wait for tomorrow

Just got my beta code. Huzzah. Good thing too. I cancelled my pre-order on Amazon a bit ago because I had so many games coming from Jan-May, and this was one of the unfortunate ones. If I like it enough, I may just have to get it if I like it enough (though I've already lost my $2.85 Gold Box discount...damn my inability to slack until it's almost too late)

Woo, Downloading the beta now. I can't wait. I also just got MW2 in the mail, so I'll be busy this weekend. Hooray for finals being over.

[quote name='metaly']Anyone tried gamesharing this? Have a lot of betas historically been shareable?[/QUOTE]

I saw one of the people I follow on Twitter post that the beta is NOT sharable. One code per account.

Never registered so I guess I'm relying on GS and the PS blog. Got a few theme codes from some friends though if anyone wants them :drool:

J35M-9JBF-R9FR
8EA4-M7BA-N8RT
32TD-EEB7-LFCR
J97P-GQBE-68AN

man, i got my hopes up when i saw that email then all i got was a lousy theme.

any beta codes ive ever seen (uncharted 2, bad company 2) have never been shareable.

[quote name='KrebStar']Never registered so I guess I'm relying on GS and the PS blog. Got a few theme codes from some friends though if anyone wants them :drool:

J35M-9JBF-R9FR
8EA4-M7BA-N8RT
32TD-EEB7-LFCR
J97P-GQBE-68AN[/QUOTE]
8EA4-M7BA-N8RT
grabbed that code

bread's done
Back