Modnation Racers PS3 - Newegg.com - $52.99

Not too bad, I rented this game and I want to buy it soon but i'll wait for a bigger price drop and a patch to fix the horrible load times. Thanks for the heads up tho OP

I have a feeling this one will get real cheap soon since it doesn't seem to be selling well and God of War 3 had so many fire sales shortly after release.

Plus, I don't want to play this until they patch the load times.

Plus, is it me, or does the actual racing seem semi-broken in this game? I think the actual editing features are really cool. Just preliminary opinions based on the demo. I love the racing mechanics in Split Second, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Sonic Sega Racing, & MotorStorm PRift, to name a few.....I just can't figure out why the racing seems so unpolished in this title. Oh well, I may still buy it......when it hits $29.

Amazon already price matched it. I just bought it for $56.99 yesterday from Amazon as well (with credit of course). Contacting Amazon to get a $4 refund.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Amazon already price matched it. I just bought it for $56.99 yesterday from Amazon as well (with credit of course). Contacting Amazon to get a $4 refund.[/QUOTE]

I bet they have some intern that sits there watching deal sites like we do and updates the prices accordingly :)

[quote name='thedream77']Plus, is it me, or does the actual racing seem semi-broken in this game? I think the actual editing features are really cool. Just preliminary opinions based on the demo. I love the racing mechanics in Split Second, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Sonic Sega Racing, & MotorStorm PRift, to name a few.....I just can't figure out why the racing seems so unpolished in this title. Oh well, I may still buy it......when it hits $29.[/QUOTE]

Racing is better in the full version and you can customize your drift/handling and acceleration/speed to your liking. I've already found my sweet spot.

I think companies should just stop releasing demos because people always end up having a miscued idea about how the actual game is even though there's a clear message that says: this is not the final product. You're not the first to do this either.

But then, I don't really know what you mean by broken? I've been racing online and the game is very balanced.

[quote name='Aleman']I bet they have some intern that sits there watching deal sites like we do and updates the prices accordingly :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea. They always match prices like minutes sometimes after a price goes live at another big retailer. Amazon already refunded my $4.00 too, just 20 minutes after I sent my mail. This is about the 5th "one-time/special case" adjustment they have made for me. I love Amazon so much :)

I'd say get this only if you want to spend all day creating karts, tracks and characters. I think Blur and Split/Second are much better racing games.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'd say get this only if you want to spend all day creating karts, tracks and characters. I think Blur and Split/Second are much better racing games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should've went that route... lol, I enjoyed the S/S demo.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'd say get this only if you want to spend all day creating karts, tracks and characters. I think Blur and Split/Second are much better racing games.[/QUOTE]

yup.. that's what I did.. my friend got Modnation racer and he spent 90% creating stuff hahaha.. racing game should be raced :roll:

bread's done
Back