Modnation Racers @ Target

Hey, I was at Target today checking out their newly redesigned video game section and noticed that they are selling modnation racers early! I checked and apparently most targets are. I didn't have the cash to get it so post here telling us about it if you get it. It did have the sticker saying you get sackboy.

Frequently, the stores won't be able to actually sell the game, it won't ring up. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up too high on this one.

[quote name='magicjames92']Hey, I was at Target today checking out their newly redesigned video game section and noticed that they are selling modnation racers early! I checked and apparently most targets are. I didn't have the cash to get it so post here telling us about it if you get it. It did have the sticker saying you get sackboy.[/QUOTE]

were you at Latham NY Target ???? mine just got redone too

[quote name='dansoccerball']were you at Latham NY Target ???? mine just got redone too[/QUOTE]

No, they were all redone nationally.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Waiting on sub $20 imo.[/QUOTE]

sub 20?!?! This game got a 9 out of 10 from ign! The demo was awesome!

[quote name='magicjames92']sub 20?!?! This game got a 9 out of 10 from ign! The demo was awesome![/QUOTE]

Alright alright, sub $26.50. :D

yea this game looks awesome, but i doubt target will sell it, usually when that happens i get excited have them ring it up and it comes up like do not sell or something

pre-ordered it thru amazon...just wish it came with the $10/$20 GC like every other popular game does..

plus its not like there is going to be a ton of people playing online before it gets released in stores lol. So not much pt in getting it early

[quote name='Duke']Frequently, the stores won't be able to actually sell the game, it won't ring up. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up too high on this one.[/QUOTE]
That's what happens at TRU also. When the cashier scans it, the register will beep and display some message about the street date and it takes a manager to override it. Still, gl.

[quote name='Duke']Frequently, the stores won't be able to actually sell the game, it won't ring up. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up too high on this one.[/QUOTE]
Working at a Target myself, you are correct; it's hard locked at the POS. For some reason the new shelf strips had it up early and I guess the people who work at that one, aren't exactly on the ball.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Waiting on sub $20 imo.[/QUOTE]

It's a Sony published title. You'll be waiting a LOOOOONG time. Unless it's super successful and the you can see it for $30 a year or two from now. Of course by that time the multiplayer will likely be pretty dead.

i was in target and got the ps3 tales of liberty city collection that just came out on a sunday, and it was released on tuesday two days later. so im pretty sure it doesnt say anything because it was sold to me no questions asked. but then who knows

[quote name='skubish']I heard the load screens are too long and the psp version is better because of this.[/QUOTE]

The PSP version isn't better at all, unless you really want to play it handheld. IGN gave it a 7.0 compared to the PS3 version's 9.0.

And they're working on a patch to fix the load times.

On the eighteenth of May, a friend tried to pick this up as it was displayed in their sale cases. The computer automatically refused the sale and he had to walk away empty-handed, even after a manager was called. It seems likely others may share the same experience if they try to buy a leaked copy at Target. Good luck.

[quote name='magicjames92']sub 20?!?! This game got a 9 out of 10 from ign! The demo was awesome![/QUOTE]

I thought it was a little lame IMHO.

I just played the demo and it doesn't look like anything special and what is up with the loading time to get into a race, it takes an entire minute.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I just played the demo and it doesn't look like anything special and what is up with the loading time to get into a race, it takes an entire minute.[/QUOTE]

Did you try creating tracks or "mods"? And they said they are going to patch it to make the load times better.

I run the electronics section in my towns Target, it's true that the weekly set for last week put Modnation Racers for PS3 & PSP out on shelves. But if anyone tries to buy it, it will show up as street date and reject the sale.

I knew better and put the game back in the storage room when the overnight crew put it out for last Tuesday, but some stores prol didn't know better.

[quote name='animemaniac14']pre-ordered it thru amazon...just wish it came with the $10/$20 GC like every other popular game does..

plus its not like there is going to be a ton of people playing online before it gets released in stores lol. So not much pt in getting it early[/QUOTE]

um...Amazon's does come with $10 credit. It's not advertised as prominently now that the preorder codes for R&C skins are apparently gone, but it's still there. Scroll down to the Special Offers & Promotions section:

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Platform: PLAYSTATION 3

• Order ModNation Racers and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
  • Get $5 worth of MP3 downloads from Amazon MP3 after you order your qualifying video game item. Limited to one promotional credit per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)

My local Wal-Mart AND Target had Modnation Racers shelved. I've tried buying it at Wal-Mart 3 different times and they've never taken it off the shelf. I went to Target yesterday and they would not sell it either. The difference being, Target took it right off their shelf immediately. /shrug.

[quote name='oasisboy']So can someone make a character of "Muhammad"?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and death threats will surely ensue haha.

I saw one at my local target last monday 5/17 in West Nyack New York. I convinced my friend to finally buy a PS3. I also tried to get it and was gettin ready to pay but the guy told me that he couldn't ring me up even if he wanted to.. The sales were blocked till the 25th(release date).. Im like, that sucks man..

[quote name='animemaniac14']pre-ordered it thru amazon...just wish it came with the $10/$20 GC like every other popular game does..

plus its not like there is going to be a ton of people playing online before it gets released in stores lol. So not much pt in getting it early[/QUOTE]

The game does come with a $10 video game credit for future purchases, similar to most other games. :) Says so right on the Amazon page.

I will be holding off on this game for awhile though, if I ever do get it. Played the demo and was not impressed at all. If it wasn't for the create/share aspect, I wouldn't find this worth owning at all. Personally, I found that Sonic and Sega Racing is a lot better. Maybe the final product will prove me wrong though. The demo did not do this game any justice though.

[quote name='SativaSam']I love how every negative review for this game basically said

"Well, it's not as good as Mario Kart so here's a crappy score"[/QUOTE]

Especially since Mario Kart Wii is straight garbage compared to this and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. I played the demo and I'm pretty excited about it.

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy to get the Nathan Drake Cart. :D

Not looking to flame, but the IGN review is one of the highest for this game. Current MetaCritic score is 81, based on 36 reviews.

81 isn't bad, but it's not that great either, especially since most websites seem to score on a scale of 7-10. I could very easily see this game for half-price in under 60 days. Those worthy of the title "cheapassgamer" would probably do well to be patient with this one.

Wish there were more SMG2-like deals on this game that took off the price paid. I really want it, but given the number of games that come at what seems like more reasonable prices, I think Sony's making me wait.

$10 video game cr doesn't seem like enough. No Hastings around here, no Fry's. I wish Best Buy was actually trying to get people in their store anymore. Never thought I'd miss the old Circuit City as much as I do. BB really needs a competitor.

Come to think of it, I wish SHC-Gamer would get us an awesome deal on Modnation Racers. Kmart, you're our only hope!

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Wish there were more SMG2-like deals on this game that took off the price paid. I really want it, but given the number of games that come at what seems like more reasonable prices, I think Sony's making me wait.

$10 video game cr doesn't seem like enough. No Hastings around here, no Fry's. I wish Best Buy was actually trying to get people in their store anymore. Never thought I'd miss the old Circuit City as much as I do. BB really needs a competitor.

Come to think of it, I wish SHC-Gamer would get us an awesome deal on Modnation Racers. Kmart, you're our only hope![/QUOTE]

well think about it. This game is worth a lot more than those games because of the endless content that will be made and released HOURLY for the next 2 years+ until the sequel. Not many games last more than a week or 2 these days so to get a game like this that provides nonstop updates to extend your enjoyment is really a treasure.

i got mine a week ago off of craigslist, a guy, i suppose, stole it and sold it to me for 40 dollars. he said he bought it from best buy and didn't like it. i doubt it.

bread's done
Back