Mods- Close thread Please

Gamehead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I'm at a large university (umcp) in the dorms. Currently myself and one of my other roomates own a PS3. Collectively in the apartment we also have 3 xbox 360's and a four PCS. All PC games and Xbox 360 games run virutally flawless online without any lag. We've tested WoW, Warcraft III, Battlefield 2, Gears of War, Shadowrun. All run fine. The Xbox360 as well as the PS3 are hooked into routers.

My roomate and I both bought warhawk today. When we went to try it our ping was 700+. We foold around with router settings for a while to no avail. If this makes a difference, whenever we did router stuff we always did automaticlly detect settings. If theres anything we can set up that involves manually putting in the settings that would help please let us know. We tried different routers including a linksys and a netgear. We tried both wired and wireless. When switching routers we were able to get 30 ping in one game, but one game only. As soon as that game ended, and we joined another we were back to 700 ping. If one of us created a game and the others joined we would have 15-30 ping, but anyone who joined would have 700+. Finally I plugged the PS3 directly into the wall instead of the router. The ping was still 700+. I guess this means our campus conneciton doesn't like the PS3?

We also tested Resistance Fall of man, and while there was no way to measure ping in that, there was definitely a delay when running over weapons in multiplayer

We spent all day trying to get Warhawk to work, and failed. So we're looking for any advice. It just seems odd that we can play PC games and 360 games online without any issue, but PS3 games are giving us problems. We've pretty much run out of things to try so any suggestions would be great.

Edit: I fixed my uber annoying problem.

bread's done
Back