Mods please close

chanster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
CAG I need your help and advice. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in. I recently send in stuff to gamedealdaily because of the attractive buyback prices. I shipped it out Wednesday (9/17) and was received on Friday (9/19) according to the tracking confirmation (USPS 03081400000063053748). Below are the email and pm conservations that we had:

Originally Posted by drfrielgood
I stopped by today and dug through the back room at the post office with the postmaster and could not come up with anything. Tonight I triple and quadruple checked my entire storage area and the package is nowhere to be found. I do not doubt that you mailed the box, as evidenced by your tracking number, but I have not received the package nor do I have it in my possession. I will continue to look for it, I'm just not sure where else it could possibly be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanster
Any luck?

Quote:
I'll be checking at the post office today when I drop off my shipment. It should have been delivered to the post office, as that is where I have my PO Box. I haven't personally picked it up, so I will see if it might have been misplaced anywhere around the post office.

Quote:
So, am I officially screwed on my trade?

Quote:
I shipped in a priority flat rate box. Like the one below.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stor...1699&langId=-1

What happens, if you still can't find the package? LMK, thanks

Quote:
I've searched all over multiple times but still cannot locate a package from you. I am going to go to the post office Monday and see if maybe they have it lying around the post office somewhere. It would help if you could identify the box that you shipped everything in. Was it a standard Priority Mail box?

Quote:
What's the update, boss?

Quote:
I'm looking around today for it, I'll let you know if it turns up.

Quote:
I shipped in a Priority flat rate box. I doubt it will fit in those tiny mailbox. Can you please get back to me tomorrow, asap? Thank You

Quote:
Gilbert Chan

Quote:
I checked it today and there was not a package from you there. What name did you put on the return address so that I can ask around for it?

Quote:
Hi! You checked your PO box, yet.

Quote:
I also just sent you an email but I have not yet received your trade-ins. Did you get a delivery confirmation number?

Thanks,

gamedealdaily.com

The emails exchange before the PMs

I checked the tracking info and I should have it. I will check my PO Box at the post office tomorrow.

Thanks,

gamedealdaily.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:49:23 -0700
Subject: RE: Trade
To: [email protected]

Are you sure? It shows delieved on Friday. The tracking is USPS 03081400000063053748.

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, Matt Friel wrote:
Subject: RE: Trade
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 4:16 PM
I have not yet received the package. Did you get a tracking number on it so maybe we can track it down?

Thanks,

gamedealdaily.com

If you check the additional detail of the tracking number, states a notice was left at you PO box and then delivered. Since he said that he havn't personally picked up the packages, his employee may have lost the package or worst case scenario took the package.

CAG's and Mod I need your help and advice of what to do next. Everytime I PM him about the situation, it will take him a day or two to respond. It appears to me, he doesn't want to take any responsibilty for this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obviously not his fault that the package may be lost. If anything you are gonna have to file a complaint/claim with the Post office and pray that they locate it. Otherwise you are S.O.L.

Can anyone clarify when there is a notice left in the PO box, the person has to pick up the package with the notice and ID to pick up the package? At least that's the process in my city.

I think priority requires the person to be there to accept the package while other shipping methods dont.
If they are not there then a notice is left to be picked up at the P.O.

[quote name='chanster']Can anyone clarify when there is a notice left in the PO box, the person has to pick up the package with the notice and ID to pick up the package? At least that's the process in my city.[/QUOTE]

That is also the process here. Hope you guys sort this out.

[quote name='lanleague']I somewhat doubt someone can just rummage around the backroom of the post office.[/QUOTE]

No doubt,my first thought.

I assume you did not get D.C. tag or Insurance ?

If not you are screwed and you need to live and learn to never do that again,you are asking for trouble,I had the same thing happen back in the day when I started trading / selling online,it may cost a bit more but you have to cover your ass at all times....

Good luck but the outlook is not good bud...

I only purchased DC. I never thought I was gonna be scammed by a business. If I think about it, his buyback prices are too good to be true. I was suppose to receive $30 for Call of Duty 4 and including paypal fees how much can he honestly make reselling it? The game can be easily purchased at $40 for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='chanster']I only purchased DC. I never thought I was gonna be scammed by a business. If I think about it, his buyback prices are too good to be true. I was suppose to receive $30 for Call of Duty 4 and including paypal fees how much can he honestly make reselling it? The game can be easily purchased at $40 for the GOTY edition.[/quote]

I don't see why he would do that. You do have DC so it proves that it was delivered. Did you send it out to the right place, he does seem suspicious though.

I would recommend you calling his local post office. Explain that you have a DC number, explain when the package shows as delivered, ask if they know who was working that day, and find out what they can do to help you. Especially learn what their policy is on picking up the package.

I ordered from them a week back, and had nothing but great things to say for it. Of course, that's not a trade, but still. I wish you the best.

[quote name='Rig']I would recommend you calling his local post office. Explain that you have a DC number, explain when the package shows as delivered, ask if they know who was working that day, and find out what they can do to help you. Especially learn what their policy is on picking up the package.

I ordered from them a week back, and had nothing but great things to say for it. Of course, that's not a trade, but still. I wish you the best.[/QUOTE]

Also ask if they allow random people to sift through packages in their storeroom.

[quote name='Rig']I would recommend you calling his local post office. Explain that you have a DC number, explain when the package shows as delivered, ask if they know who was working that day, and find out what they can do to help you. Especially learn what their policy is on picking up the package.

I ordered from them a week back, and had nothing but great things to say for it. Of course, that's not a trade, but still. I wish you the best.[/quote]

I just called the post office of the PO box, was told that packages that doesn't fit in the PO box, had to be pick up over the counter and the DC number will be scanned showing delivered.

Just wanted to address this situation:

I have no doubts that this CAG is legit and did send the games, as evidenced by his delivery confirmation number. However, I have not received the package. I get all trade-ins sent to my PO Box at the local post office. I mail a load of games, accessories, and systems out every day, so I also pick up envelopes from my PO Box and the boxes, which the postal employees keep behind the counter for me. The delivery confirmation number provided to me by chanster is legit, but when I checked the delivery time the package was said to be delivered at around 11am. I very rarely ever make it to the post office before 4pm, and I'll often go around 6. I am never at the post office before noon.

I have searched every inch of my storage space multiple times for this package. I live in a small town so I know all of the postal employees by name and have known them for years. I have talked with two employees to see if there's any additional tracking info they could get for me, and there is not. Yesterday I asked one of the ladies at the post office to look around the back room for me to see if she could find the package. I had her check my old PO Box and my current one, and it was not in either. I asked if there was anywhere else in the back room where they might keep random unidentifiable packages, and there is not.

chanster, we've been communicating about this ordeal nearly every day and I wish that the package would just turn up. If it was just a $10 game, I'd just issue you a payment and be done with it. However, I can't just send you a couple hundred dollars for items that I have not received. As I told you in my PM last night I will continue to keep an eye out for the package and if I find it you will be contacted immediately. I sincerely apologize for this entire situation and hope that it will be resolved at some point. I've never had an issue this big with the USPS, and I've been using them almost daily for five years. I would in no way compromise my reputation by ripping off any customers, let alone CAGs.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just wanted to address this situation:

I have no doubts that this CAG is legit and did send the games, as evidenced by his delivery confirmation number. However, I have not received the package. I get all trade-ins sent to my PO Box at the local post office. I mail a load of games, accessories, and systems out every day, so I also pick up envelopes from my PO Box and the boxes, which the postal employees keep behind the counter for me. The delivery confirmation number provided to me by chanster is legit, but when I checked the delivery time the package was said to be delivered at around 11am. I very rarely ever make it to the post office before 4pm, and I'll often go around 6. I am never at the post office before noon.

I have searched every inch of my storage space multiple times for this package. I live in a small town so I know all of the postal employees by name and have known them for years. I have talked with two employees to see if there's any additional tracking info they could get for me, and there is not. Yesterday I asked one of the ladies at the post office to look around the back room for me to see if she could find the package. I had her check my old PO Box and my current one, and it was not in either. I asked if there was anywhere else in the back room where they might keep random unidentifiable packages, and there is not.

chanster, we've been communicating about this ordeal nearly every day and I wish that the package would just turn up. If it was just a $10 game, I'd just issue you a payment and be done with it. However, I can't just send you a couple hundred dollars for items that I have not received. As I told you in my PM last night I will continue to keep an eye out for the package and if I find it you will be contacted immediately. I sincerely apologize for this entire situation and hope that it will be resolved at some point. I've never had an issue this big with the USPS, and I've been using them almost daily for five years. I would in no way compromise my reputation by ripping off any customers, let alone CAGs.[/quote]

In one of your PM's you said you havn't been personally picking up these packages. I'm assuming someone is fuck both of us.

Update: The post office gave me a call today, and notify me someone has to pick up the package behind the counter in order for it to be scanned and recorded as delivered. The post office rep also noted that they knew everybody, since it's a small town; therefore, the package couldn't been mistakenly given to others. She also noted, you rarely goes to the post office in the morning, but your parents might have picked up the package.

Since you said that you deal with hundreds of packages a day, isn't there a possibility for you to have lost my package. How can you be 100% sure that you didn't lost my package. You should at least offer me store credit or something, for my losts.

[quote name='Rig']Wow. That's a big shift in the story. Keep us updated, OP.[/quote]

He is sticking to his story. He will not be take any responsibility or action until the package miraculously shows up.

I'm not accusing him of lying or anything, but it appears to me, his business is run entirely by himself and with a little family help. One person picking up and dropping off hundreds of package a day, there's bound to be a lost or misplaced package.

Delivery Confirmation shows it was delivered. It is "drfrielgood"s responsibility now to pick it up. If it shows up delivered and it's not there, then it's gamedealdaily's fault. Why? Because, Chanster delivered it and it arrived. I don't think shipping insurance covers if the item is shown as delivered and then lost. I think shipping insurance is there if it gets lost in transit. USPS can easily make a case that the package was delivered. Either way, if it was delivered, it should be somewhere, or someone stole it. Not chanster's fault at all, gamedealdaily's fault for pretty much not showing up on time or w/e whenever it was delivered.

It's a totally different scenario if Chanster delivers the game and then there is no delivery confirmation number. Because there is a delivery confirmation number and it is listed as DELIVERED, once again, it's not his fault that the item is lost or whatever since it was DELIVERED. This means USPS put it somewhere and the transit was safe. After that, god knows what happened, thus, not chanster's fault. ;)

Thanks, Chrontrigga. I wish everyone would understand the point you're making. The post office lady made a similar statement, stating once the package is handed over to the recipient they're not liable for the package anymore. Even if I had bought insurance, I would have still been screw over.

chanster,

I am a Sr. Manager for a fortune 500 mail order company and we ship over 30 million packages a year. (clothing)

I work with our legal department on non receipt issues. (UPS is our main client) Once a package shows as delivered, the shipper no longer is responsible for the package. I hope this works out for both parties.

All I can say is even though no signature was required, as a business that many on this site buy from, if he wants his site to continue to grow he needs to work this out. Considering the fact that this is delivered to a post office box and the package does not fit and the dc# is confirmed delivered obviously the package was picked up by someone. As a business it would earn you much goodwill to suck this one up as a loss and work it out. Most likely this package has been misplaced for the moment and will turn up. If everyone knows you at the PO it makes it even less likely they gave your package to the wrong person. I'd say come to an agreement on how you will work this out, such as store credit, and wait X amount of time and if it don't turn up go with whatever you agree and work out.

Well, just to throw in my two cents, I have already sent two packages (one package containing 8 games, and another containing 14 games - 22 games in total, around $165.00 in value), and I have received my payments from GDD.

So, it's not an issue with them not being reliable, I will gladly send in more games to GDD whenever I want to-do a trade-in, I fully trust them.

Now, what I believe could have happened, would be like everyone else is saying, the package may have gotten lost somewhere. I trust chanster saying he sent it, and I trust drfrielgood in what he says as-well.

Now, here is something odd, according to USPS.com, when I enter in my tracking information (0308 0070 0001 8423 0017 - so you can also look it up if you want to see), it shows that it arrived at the post office at 8:07AM, and was then "delivered" at 8:14AM.

However, to my knowledge, this is impossible, since the Post Office (atleast most) do not open until atleast 8:30 or 9:00AM (looking up the trade-in address on USPS.com shows that this one post office, does in-fact, not open until 8:30AM). So, this could actually mean that the package, is in-fact, at the post office, just lost somewhere. There is no possible way for mine to have been delivered at this time, since they were not even open - so the same basic thing may have happened with you (mind you though, my package WAS delivered, and I did receive my credit via PayPal).

Maybe another family member also picked it up, or maybe someone else took it somehow, or someone else stole it - maybe it is still at the post office, just severly mis-placed - or maybe it was accidently stuck in someone elses mail. I personally have no idea, but I trust drfrielgood when he says he doesn't have the package.

I do think, atleast a partial credit would be the best thing to-do, and then if he finds it or finds out what's gonig on, then a full credit to you or something along those lines.

[quote name='Kandal']After reading through the whole topic I am discourage to try and trade anything in to GDD now.[/QUOTE]

Everyone else who has sent in anything, besides chanster, has been paid accordingly - so I don't see why you'd feel that way. Like I said, I've sent in over 24 games, and my most recent package had 14 games in it - some of which were some bigger titles (including GHIII).

Why would he not say the same thing towards me, if there was a problem? He wouldn't. I got paid. He could have easily said my package "got lost", and not paid me a dime, but he did pay me, $108 at that.

Thing is, chanster package DID get lost somehow. I don't know how, I don't know why (I don't work there), no one does. I'm just saying, drfrielgood isn't really to blame, neither is his website. This seems to be the first case of anything bad happening - but I can say from my experience with him so-far, that he runs a very good and honest site, and he's not trying to scam anyone out of anything.

I believe, like in my post stated above, that the package maybe somehow got lost in the mailing center or something such as that, because nothing else could really explain it.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Everyone else who has sent in anything, besides chanster, has been paid accordingly - so I don't see why you'd feel that way. Like I said, I've sent in over 24 games, and my most recent package had 14 games in it - some of which were some bigger titles (including GHIII).

Why would he not say the same thing towards me, if there was a problem? He wouldn't. I got paid. He could have easily said my package "got lost", and not paid me a dime, but he did pay me, $108 at that.

Thing is, chanster package DID get lost somehow. I don't know how, I don't know why (I don't work there), no one does. I'm just saying, drfrielgood isn't really to blame, neither is his website. This seems to be the first case of anything bad happening - but I can say from my experience with him so-far, that he runs a very good and honest site, and he's not trying to scam anyone out of anything.

I believe, like in my post stated above, that the package maybe somehow got lost in the mailing center or something such as that, because nothing else could really explain it.[/quote]
What this thread shows is that the business isn't going to take responsibility if there is a problem.

The customer shipped the package and it was delivered. He did his part. Now, he needs to be paid.

Even with insurance, after the package is labeled "delivered" its no longer covered because, well, ITS DELIVERED! The customer did everything he could and no amount of preparation could've protected him. The company needs to pay out. It's both the legal and right thing to do.

does the post office have cameras? if so wouldnt they be able to look through the footage to see if they guy picked up the package that day that it was listed as delivered ? i know it a longshot that theyed even bother doing that for you but t is something.

I would also have to side with chanster on this one. Had this been through something like Ebay, (well chanster would have got paid first in that example) Paypal would have sided with chanster as well. Like the previous posters said, once it is marked as delivered, chansters part of the deal is complete. It also bothers me that earlier drfrielgood said if it was 10$ or something he would give him credit. If that is the case then he needs to lay out some rules. Just saying well too much got lost so I can't pay that much seems like a pretty shaddy business practice.

Im not accusing drfrielgood or GDD for scamming, but it is very common for small businesses to rip or scam people every so often after they deal with several customers. Most of the time, these small business sites shut down after a few months because they just lose money. Anyhow, when someone says that they got scammed, customers who have dealt fine with them usually back up the site.

Because a majority of customers were happy with their purchase and only one has a complaint that they got scammed, nothing really goes down and the site can go back into safety and scam another customer after several more. Because after all, if the majority of customers have good things to say about the site, one person complaining that they got scammed won't make a difference and hurt the site's reputation (unless the site's excuse is poor).

But anyhow, let's go back to the task at hand.

If the item was delivered and it was stated as delivered, and drfrielgood says that he knows everyone in the post office (apparently) and vice-versa, why would the postal workers give the package to someone that is not him? And if so, they should be able to explain who they gave it to, correct? I have a quick pet peeve though. It looks as though GDD is a one-man operation. However, he can only answer e-mails every few days. This seems as though GDD has poor customer service from the getgo. If I was running a business (I already own two online, but that's besides the point), I would make sure that customer service would be the number one priority. If you have a customer complaining, you don't want them to be spreading news and hurting your site's reputation -- you want it to get solved as soon as possible. This is the exact situation that's going down here. Something needs to be done.

To close this all up, Cheapassgamer is one if not the biggest video game deal forum on the internet. If GDD gets a bad reputation here, it'll most likely spread to other sites. drfrielgood, not to be harsh, but I'd check your e-mail several times a day and get this solved asap. ;)

He PMed me today, asking how I will want to settle this situation. I just asked for store credit to be fair to both parties. Hopefully, he will agree and let this stressful situation settle.

Update: Drfrielgood did stick to his word and offer me store credit. I received my purchases today. I want to commend Drfrielgood, for resolving this situation in a profession manner. Whether who's fault it is, I do want to applogize and hopefully I didn't ruin his business with this thread.

I also want to thank everyone who stood up for me on this thread, especially rig, rmb, and chronotrigga. With your support and comments I was able to recieve store credit. I'm forever gracious for your help. Thanks

bread's done
Back