Mods, please lock (SF2 tourney)

Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting for my opponent... :( he seems to be on late nights, but i leave to work at 6am..... we may need another day

Obviously this is a problem that alot of people are having (not being able to connect with their opponent) so the deadline will be extended till friday at 12:01 AM. Gives you 2 extra days to play your opponent! Everyone seriously try to play your guys!

I tried multiple times and multiple types of match types and could not get a connection with dastly75. We can try again but I do not think I am going to be able to get a connection with this person.

Will this be taken into consideration? I do not want to be eliminated from the tournament because I can not connect with someone. I played multiple ranked matches yesterday with out a problem and he connected to other matches without a problem as well.

I think this might be a router problem.

Still haven't been able to meet up with my opponent for our matches.

He did accept the friend request though, so hopefully we can get the matches done today.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Have both parties attempted hosting?[/QUOTE]

Yes both parties tried hosting the match and different match types as well.
We tried Traditional and Quarters with no luck.

He even had someone else host a quarters match and I still could not join the session.

I have this same problem with someone in the Hostile CAG Chromehounds squad.

Hey Roufuss, I just tried to PM you, but your box is full.

You available to play our match tonight? I could even play right now if you've got the time.

Today I received this message on my Live account "i concede u win" from Never4Ever.

Guess I won, lame.

Also, updated OP with all current results. Everyone get your matches done!

[quote name='Arikado']Hey Roufuss, I just tried to PM you, but your box is full.

You available to play our match tonight? I could even play right now if you've got the time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'll be around tonight, from like 5:30 EST on up.

[quote name='Apossum']For everyone who is dropping, I'll take their place. :p[/QUOTE]

Take mine ;)

Haha, no, I'm kidding, it's probably against the rules... but it's like, with all the 360 games I've got now (and Saints Row next week), plus my school schedule even if I do win my match I'm really not going to be able to play alot in the future, espically at set times.

From talking with dastly75 on PM I figure it is going to be really hard for him in general to get games going because he is using internet provided by his school / university.

We are going to give it another try this evening but incase we can't get a connection what happens next? I really wanted to play in the tournament.

[quote name='flybrione']From talking with dastly75 on PM I figure it is going to be really hard for him in general to get games going because he is using internet provided by his school / university.

We are going to give it another try this evening but incase we can't get a connection what happens next? I really wanted to play in the tournament.[/QUOTE]

Hmm unless someone is totally opposed to it, maybe we can let Apossum take dastly75's spot. Depends on whether he is okay with it, and the rest of the tournament participants are.

Between school, other 360 games out now and in the future, and just not having a very free schedule for arranging game, I'm just going to let Arikado have the win... even if I won, I'm not sure how well I can commit to future matches so it wouldn't be fair to him even if I won to just drop out of the tourney later. Starting the tourney at the beginning of college put a big strain on me, unfortunately.

Sorry Arikado, but win it for both of us!

Sent him a PM about it too.

[quote name='Tojo']Tojo beat Phazing Zero 3-0.

Good games man, I give you utter respect for picking the gief.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, I just couldn't get anything going. It's really my only 6th game in a bit of lag, but you were shutting me down pretty hard regardless. Nice Ken you got going there too. I should've gotten in more

After two days of trying to connect... Toper (cali) and me (pa) couldn't get a single game going.

Toper has graciously offered to drop out.. and allow me to move on.
But before that... is there anyway to get either of us a closer match ?

If its too late then I would like to thank Toper for letting me advance(which is really cheap though)

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']After two days of trying to connect... Toper (cali) and me (pa) couldn't get a single game going.

Toper has graciously offered to drop out.. and allow me to move on.
But before that... is there anyway to get either of us a closer match ?

If its too late then I would like to thank Toper for letting me advance(which is really cheap though)[/QUOTE]

Read flybrione's post here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2141640&postcount=151

and then talk to him about switching opponents. I have no problem letting you do that. Post back here and let me know how it goes.

Also raj, send me a friend request if you wanna practice sometime. I'm right outside of Philly, so we should be able to have 100% lag-free matches.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']pm sent to flybriones....also when i'm on.. i'll send a friend request out to jimfoley16....like to get some lag free games going !!![/QUOTE]

Make sure you send it to ISmashHotChicks

That's my XBL gamertag

Tried to get my game in, but could not connect to my opponent at all (kept getting the "could not connect to host" message...very frustrating.

Anyways, I don't want to hold up the tourney, so I'm willing to forfeit to keep it going...Good luck everyone!

[quote name='ashram']still waiting for my opponent... :( he seems to be on late nights, but i leave to work at 6am..... we may need another day[/QUOTE]

Yeah the reason why we can't get our game in is because we live in different timezones with different lifestyles. He is an early morning person and I'm nocturnal.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Hmm unless someone is totally opposed to it, maybe we can let Apossum take dastly75's spot. Depends on whether he is okay with it, and the rest of the tournament participants are.[/QUOTE]

that would be pretty unfair to give me another chance. plus, I won't be able to play until Saturday or Sunday anyway. Got my 360 all packed away since Im moving.

I think we should do another tournament after this though....ummm, I volunteer someone other than myself to organize :p jk

[quote name='manofpeace20']Yeah the reason why we can't get our game in is because we live in different timezones with different lifestyles. He is an early morning person and I'm nocturnal.[/QUOTE]

wonder if we can trade opponents to better suit both of us????

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']pm sent to flybriones....also when i'm on.. i'll send a friend request out to jimfoley16....like to get some lag free games going !!![/QUOTE]

:D I am ready to play and if you can play tonight at 7pm cst I'll be there.
Send me a friend request. I responded to PM too!

BTW Toper is the one individual I have a problem with connecting to in our chromehounds squad as well. I can not play with the squad if he is in the room.

I think he might need to adjust his router settings.

Yeah I haven't been attentive to this thread, if someone anyone in this tournament wants to swap with flybrione, thats cool with me, i'll be on live tonight around 10:30 PM EST, send a message to Dastly

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah I haven't been attentive to this thread, if someone anyone in this tournament wants to swap with flybrione, thats cool with me, i'll be on live tonight around 10:30 PM EST, send a message to Dastly[/QUOTE]

I have not yet heard back from rajchakrabarti. So we can give it another try tonight and see if the change in your router settings helped with the connection. I just want to get the first round in and at least compete.

[quote name='Apossum']I think we should do another tournament after this though....ummm, I volunteer someone else to organize :p jk[/quote]

Regardless if you're just kidding or not, it's really rude to post that. As there have been some complications with people not responding and connection issues neither are the tournament holder's fault. In this type of tournament it is up to the players themselves to take care of their matches.

Besides...it's free.

Chacrana said he is too busy right now (going by other posts, i would assume from a move). He said for me to just take the win, even though I suck.

Still can not connect with Dastly. He said that I could get the win and move on. I hope my new challanger has a better connection.

Massive update coming late tonight with round 2 information and brackets. Whoever hasn't played there opponents has until then to post up or PM me the results. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with it through this semi-rough first round. Seems like about a quarter of the people that signed up lost interest in playing :(

[quote name='jimfoley16']Massive update coming late tonight with round 2 information and brackets. Whoever hasn't played there opponents has until then to post up or PM me the results. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with it through this semi-rough first round. Seems like about a quarter of the people that signed up lost interest in playing :([/QUOTE]

ashram Pm'ed me about trying to get a match in tonight. I just want to fight somebody!

Since I have had no luck with Dastly and he gave me the win. Should I accept this challenge from ashram? or should I take the victory and head to the next round? Please help.

I am most likely going to try to get a game in with ashram this evening around 11pm cst but there is a possiblilty that I will not be home because I do have plans for this evening. If I do not get the game in tonight do I get to move on to the second round because dastly said I could have the win?

[quote name='flybrione']ashram Pm'ed me about trying to get a match in tonight. I just want to fight somebody!

Since I have had no luck with Dastly and he gave me the win. Should I accept this challenge from ashram? or should I take the victory and head to the next round? Please help.

I am most likely going to try to get a game in with ashram this evening around 11pm cst but there is a possiblilty that I will not be home because I do have plans for this evening. If I do not get the game in tonight do I get to move on to the second round because dastly said I could have the win?[/QUOTE]

What you guys should do is have dasty play ashrams opponent, so that everyone gets a fair chance to play one another. But yeah, play Ashram and PM him for his opponents name, so that you can tell dastly and they can set up their match.

I'm afraid my first round oppenent may no-show. There's only a few hours left before the deadline. I've sent a few PM's but no response since Wednesday.

[quote name='y2jedi']I'm afraid my first round oppenent may no-show. There's only a few hours left before the deadline. I've sent a few PM's but no response since Wednesday.[/quote]

Same with me and my punching bag. Oh well, I hope we have another someday.

i say y2jedi should fight rxdoga, since they haven't been able to contact thier opponents.....

the issue with dastly vs manofpeace is the fact that manofpeace is a late nighter, and probably won't see the pm till after the postings....

[quote name='ashram']i say y2jedi should fight rxdoga, since they haven't been able to contact thier opponents.....

the issue with dastly vs manofpeace is the fact that manofpeace is a late nighter, and probably won't see the pm till after the postings....[/QUOTE]

I finally got ashram online at the same time. Give him the win. He is more readily available to play, and the fact that the multiplayer interface is driving me nuts (can't connect) is making this no fun.

[quote name='ashram']i say y2jedi should fight rxdoga, since they haven't been able to contact thier opponents.....[/quote]

Whatever tourney organizers say is fine w/me. My Xbox is on.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Massive update coming late tonight with round 2 information and brackets. Whoever hasn't played there opponents has until then to post up or PM me the results. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with it through this semi-rough first round. Seems like about a quarter of the people that signed up lost interest in playing :([/QUOTE]

I don't think it's like a quarter of the people just lost interest, it's just that for many people this is when college starts back up (like myself, Chacrana, and I think Apossum), so it's hard to try and schedule a match in when there are other more pressing concerns.

If this tourney happened a few weeks earlier or a few weeks later, I know that I would have been able to be alot more active and not give up my spot.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Regardless if you're just kidding or not, it's really rude to post that. As there have been some complications with people not responding and connection issues neither are the tournament holder's fault. In this type of tournament it is up to the players themselves to take care of their matches.

Besides...it's free.[/QUOTE]

you read it wrong. I meant someone other than myself. I've thanked Jimfoley a lot for organizing this.
but i'll edit the post cause i see how the way I worded it could be misconstrued.

Hope ya didn't read it that way Jim!

[quote name='Apossum']you read it wrong. I meant someone other than myself. I've thanked Jimfoley a lot for organizing this.
but i'll edit the post cause i see how the way I worded it could be misconstrued.

Hope ya didn't read it that way Jim![/quote]

I apologize.

Well? It's still on,eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back