Modz Pleeze Lok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav Holst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is just something that popped up in my mind. I am Jewish, and in my many travels, I've come to many places where people had never met a Jew, and, and these people were suprised that I didn't have horns. What do you know? No looking anything up, just from pure prior knowledge.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']This is just something that pooped up in my mind. I am Jawish, and in my many travels, I've come to many places where people had never met a Jew, and, and these people were suprised that I didn't have horns. What do you know? No looking anything up, just from pure prior knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Please, stop making topics.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Please, stop making topics.[/QUOTE]

it's amazing how you continually go into threads you don't like and bump them

:lol:

good stuff

jewish girls are hot, btw

i'm into horns

not kosher:
Reuben.jpg

kosher:
vh1pesach1.jpg

(the pants are up for debate, however).

[quote name='SithFran']We should throw you down the well so our country can be free.[/QUOTE]

Double high five for being from Arizona too :D

As for the question, it's my religion, I've been to Israel a couple times (Going back in less than 2 months) and i'm semi-fluent in Hebrew. Hope I know SOMETHING about my own religion :p

I know that I can get into a heated debate with one quite easily.

I also know that the vast majority of Jewish women are complete bitches.
I kid, I kid. However, the vast majority of the ones I have to deal with are.

ive been to Israel 14 times now. its a great country with some great cities. Tel Aviv is amazing and so is Eilat. hopefully the hatred shown towards the jewish community and israel will someday end.

People: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PALESTINE....IT WAS NEVER A COUNTRY

[quote name='jPoD']Double high five for being from Arizona too :D

As for the question, it's my religion, I've been to Israel a couple times (Going back in less than 2 months) and i'm semi-fluent in Hebrew. Hope I know SOMETHING about my own religion :p[/quote]

You lucky bastard. I've been to Israel only once, and it was a beautiful place. I could carry out a conversation in Hebrew if you asked me too, but it would be pretty sketchy.

[quote name='mvick288']People: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PALESTINE....IT WAS NEVER A COUNTRY[/quote]This is the kind of Jew that breeds all the hate and the kind of Jew I would throw off a bridge with no regrets.
At least acknowledge the fact that you displaced 4 million people off of their land, you asshat.

I'm reporting this topic to get it locked before it turns into a huge flame war.

[quote name='mvick288']ive been to Israel 14 times now. its a great country with some great cities. Tel Aviv is amazing and so is Eilat. hopefully the hatred shown towards the jewish community and israel will someday end.

People: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PALESTINE....IT WAS NEVER A COUNTRY[/QUOTE]

14 times? I doubt that. Also, wasnt it called Palestine before?

EDIT: Oh and I just had Shabbat dinner :p

[quote name='jPoD']14 times? I doubt that. Also, wasnt it called Palestine before?

EDIT: Oh and I just had Shabbat dinner :p[/quote]
Shabbat Shalom!

[quote name='LiquidNight']This is the kind of Jew that breeds all the hate and the kind of Jew I would throw off a bridge with no regrets.
At least acknowledge the fact that you displaced 4 million people off of their land, you asshat.

I'm reporting this topic to get it locked before it turns into a huge flame war.[/QUOTE]

you seem open minded and ready for peace with comments like these

"I also know that the vast majority of Jewish women are complete bitches."

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you seem open minded and ready for peace with comments like these

"I also know that the vast majority of Jewish women are complete bitches."[/quote]I suppose that came off kinda harsh. I was half-joking (half because the ones I have to interact with are), but there was no real indication that I was.
There, edited.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I suppose that came off kinda harsh. I was half-joking (half because the ones I have to interact with are), but there was no real indication that I was.
There, edited.[/QUOTE]

It really depends where they're from. I've met all different kinds.

[quote name='mvick288']ive been to Israel 14 times now. its a great country with some great cities. Tel Aviv is amazing and so is Eilat. hopefully the hatred shown towards the jewish community and israel will someday end.

People: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PALESTINE....IT WAS NEVER A COUNTRY[/QUOTE]

Aren't you the same person who thinks all the "illegals should go back to mexico."

Also your assuming we hate the jewish people. Maybe on day your hatred for "illegals" will end.

Edit here we are.

[quote name='mvick288']Do you think I am a racist for saying that all the damn illegals should go back to Mexico? [/quote]

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that i don't roll on shabbos[/QUOTE]

This is and will be forever the best post in this thread.

:rofl:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Everything I know about Judaism I learned from Borat.[/QUOTE]

That doesnt say much for your knowledge. Funny thing is, the TCs have a decent Jewish population.

[quote name='jPoD']That doesnt say much for your knowledge. Funny thing is, the TCs have a decent Jewish population.[/QUOTE]

I really should have put a ;) in my post actually. I was only kidding.

I don't know a whole lot about judaism but from what I do know I respect it the most of the major religions. I like the emphasis on doing good things during your life because its the right thing to do not because you'll be rewarded with heaven.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']When he [Borat] was talking in the language opther than english, it kinda sounded like Hebrew.[/QUOTE]

He was. I understood a lot of what he said. Mix of hebrew and yiddish.

[quote name='jPoD']He was. I understood a lot of what he said. Mix of hebrew and yiddish.[/QUOTE]

With a little bit of gibberish thrown in for good measure.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']With a little bit of gibberish thrown in for good measure.[/QUOTE]

I dont think any of it was gibberish.

[quote name='jPoD']I dont think any of it was gibberish.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought I had read somewhere that he used a lot of hebrew and yiddish but that he also just flat out made up words and sounds.

[quote name='jPoD']He was. I understood a lot of what he said. Mix of hebrew and yiddish.[/quote]
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm not too great with Yiddish though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Really? I thought I had read somewhere that he used a lot of hebrew and yiddish but that he also just flat out made up words and sounds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe here or there, but most of it was pretty on the ball to my knowledge.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I don't know a whole lot about judaism but from what I do know I respect it the most of the major religions. I like the emphasis on doing good things during your life because its the right thing to do not because you'll be rewarded with heaven.[/quote]

Uhh Buddhism anyone?

Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it or because it is traditional, or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings - that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide.
-- Buddha

Anyway, the funny thing is that Judaism really isn't all that "major" a religion, even though people think it is. Heck, Sikhism beats it out (whatever that is)

rel_pie.gif

Shout out to the Others!

[quote name='camoor']Uhh Buddhism anyone?

Anyway, the funny thing is that Judaism really isn't all that "major" a religion, even though people think it is. Heck, Sikhism beats it out (whatever that is)

rel_pie.gif

Shout out to the Others![/quote]
I'm biracial (half black, half white) and jewish. I feel like such a minority whore.

rel_pie.gif

Shout out to the Others![/QUOTE]

Hence why our parents stress marrying Jews.

All religions reward you in heaven..........and all religions were ultimately created to help control the population, they were all born as ways to unite people to push a common set of values/causes/whatever. Christianity started out as basically a guerilla movement within Judaisim.

When someone says "I'm Jewish" it always kind of annoys me, if only because I can never tell "Does that mean you're Israeli? Or are you just telling me your religion because you think I should give a shit?". I work with alot of Hindus and frankly they don't introduce themselves to me as Hindus.. :)

As for Israel being the worlds great "problem", thats a crock of shit. Israel is nothing more than the current skapegoat. Yeah, frankly, Israel fucked alot of people over by essentially moving into a country that wasn't theirs. That is a problem, and it should very much be rectified....wasn't even all that long ago. Otherwise we're looking at an endless war.

But If Israel ceased to exist, and the land returned to the Middle Eastern peoples, then we'd have nothing but endless Muslim factions waging Jihad against each other for this or that. The violence would not end, it would continue.....because the warrior tribal lords and the radical IMAMS lose all of their power and cult-of-personality without a focal-point to point their blame at, to rally young, impressionable kids about.....

See its all about power and control.......if Israel were gone, next target would be Britain, or the USA, or anypalce else that didn't have Muslim Law as the only form of government. They are thugs and butchers hiding behind a convenient religion.

[quote name='HeadRusch']All religions reward you in heaven..........and all religions were ultimately created to help control the population, they were all born as ways to unite people to push a common set of values/causes/whatever. Christianity started out as basically a guerilla movement within Judaisim.

When someone says "I'm Jewish" it always kind of annoys me, if only because I can never tell "Does that mean you're Israeli? Or are you just telling me your religion because you think I should give a shit?". I work with alot of Hindus and frankly they don't introduce themselves to me as Hindus.. :)

As for Israel being the worlds great "problem", thats a crock of shit. Israel is nothing more than the current skapegoat. Yeah, frankly, Israel fucked alot of people over by essentially moving into a country that wasn't theirs. That is a problem, and it should very much be rectified....wasn't even all that long ago. Otherwise we're looking at an endless war.

But If Israel ceased to exist, and the land returned to the Middle Eastern peoples, then we'd have nothing but endless Muslim factions waging Jihad against each other for this or that. The violence would not end, it would continue.....because the warrior tribal lords and the radical IMAMS lose all of their power and cult-of-personality without a focal-point to point their blame at, to rally young, impressionable kids about.....

See its all about power and control.......if Israel were gone, next target would be Britain, or the USA, or anypalce else that didn't have Muslim Law as the only form of government. They are thugs and butchers hiding behind a convenient religion.[/quote]

Oooooo boy, there goes any hope for this thread lasting.

My old boss was a Jew. He made a lot of money and cursed a lot but he was a pretty good guy.
The only jewy thing I remember was that he gave a day off for yon kapur.

[quote name='bobo2k4']My old boss was a Jew. He made a lot of money and cursed a lot but he was a pretty good guy.
The only jewy thing I remember was that he gave a day off for yon kapur.[/QUOTE]

*yom

[quote name='bobo2k4']My old boss was a Jew. He made a lot of money and cursed a lot but he was a pretty good guy.
The only jewy thing I remember was that he gave a day off for yon kapur.[/quote]
I thought it was Yom Kippur. To gentiles it's pronounced Yahm Kipper.

rel_pie.gif

Shout out to the Others![/QUOTE]

Worldwide it may not be a major religion but what is when compared to Islam and Christianity. For America though it most certainly is a major religion. Not only that but that pie chart is out of date, I remember reading not too long ago that Islam had overtaken Christianity as the dominant religion of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back