Monado: Beginning of the World (Nintendo RPG)

I am assuming this is an action rpg? Why didn't those dumbasses show me this in the press conference instead of a vitality sensor?

I now want this game unless it turns out to be crap.

What is with RPGs and stupid looking big swords? Game could be fun, but I'd like a fantasy RPG where the swords aren't ludicrous.

Re: Why not announce this at the press event?

Because Nintendo know the sorts of people who care about it - gamers on message boards - will find it for ourselves.

People, please: Understand E3 is first and foremost a press event. There's a reason Nintendo wants to debut things like Style Savvy and Women's Murder Club over a JRPG.

You don't have to like it, but you gotta know it's true.

So this is MonolithSoft's new game then? I would have preferred Baiten Kaitos 3(which I know will never happen), but I'm sure this will be good too.

[quote name='Strell']People, please: Understand E3 is first and foremost a press event. There's a reason Nintendo wants to debut things like Style Savvy and Women's Murder Club over a JRPG.

You don't have to like it, but you gotta know it's true.[/QUOTE]

How well did that go over with the press in attendence then?

Why the fuck do the pics I've seen look like a DS game? The video looks at least marginally better though. I hope that it's good, as graphics aren't everything, and that it doesn't involve a fucking card game.

[quote name='whiptcracker']How well did that go over with the press in attendence then?[/QUOTE]

Considering it worked with Wii Fit and other such things, I'm going to guess pretty well in the long run.

I might be crazy, but that trailer music sounds a lot like Mitsuda to me. Reminds me of "Battling KOS-MOS" from the XS Ep. I soundtrack.

[quote name='Strell']Considering it worked with Wii Fit and other such things, I'm going to guess pretty well in the long run.[/QUOTE]

With consumers in the long run, with no lack of marketing behind it. You said those games where introduced as part of a press event, and the gaming press didn't exactly jump for joy over Women's Murder Club or Style Savvy.

Maybe you meant marketing event?

Considering the people paying attention to the news out of E3 isn't exactly the general media or casual gamers, it's still surprising they choose to market to the demographic at an event like this instead of trying to hype games that might appeal to the demo that's either in attendence or reading along.

[quote name='whiptcracker'] the gaming press didn't exactly jump for joy over Women's Murder Club or Style Savvy.[/quote]

Exactly - the same sort people who complain about anything and everything. The same group that pitched a shitfit about Nintendo's E3 conference, while the mainstream media declared them the winners, much to the former group's now tired hatred.

Maybe you meant marketing event?

Haha, ok.

Considering the people paying attention to the news out of E3 isn't exactly the general media or casual gamers, it's still surprising they choose to market to the demographic at an event like this instead of trying to hype games that might appeal to the demo that's either in attendence or reading along.

You're thinking about this waaaaaaay too narrowly. The net cast by a press event at E3 extends further than the gaming crowd, who can't be bothered to do anything but endlessly whine, and WILL do just that.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is kicking off a small but sure public awareness on their titles that appeal to the crowds they've started to make a mint off of.

I don't see why this is such a hard concept. All showing Monado would have done is put a tiny feather in the caps of those arguing on message boards, who could point to it as a clear cut core RPG to combat all the inevitable negative press from those who had zero chance of being happy with Nintendo's announcements. Why even waste the time? All it would do is settle the hash of a few nerds online, quickly be forgotten, and then be released to even more whining.

Nintendo can do no right in the gaming public's eyes - showing this game would have had an identical but opposite reaction. "Oh lolz Nintendo showz JRPG no one carez abt bceause i wants final fntsry."

[quote name='Strell']Nintendo can do no right in the gaming public's eyes - showing this game would have had an identical but opposite reaction. "Oh lolz Nintendo showz JRPG no one carez abt bceause i wants final fntsry."[/QUOTE]

Heh, point taken.

[quote name='hero101']That sword look like it was previously in Halo 2/3.[/QUOTE] Looks a lot more like a sword from Phantasy Star than something outta Halo.

Nice to see the big N really putting in more support for games for " gamers ". Going in not expecting much from them, I think I am most impressed with their line up. Though if they could have just shown a little tad small bit of DQ X, even a little slime dart across a screen. :booty:

bread's done
Back