Monk (seasons 1-5) $9.99+tax each, Costco YMMV

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!
Hi,
Just got back from Costco(Morrow, GA) and found the TV series Monk (seasons 1-5) for $19.99 each+tax.

You can pick up a coupon book at the Customer Service Desk and inside is a coupon for $10 off each season of Monk, House, the Office and 1 or 2 others I can't remember.

So that makes season 1-5 of Monk $9.99 each+tax.

Season 6 of Monk was around $30 as well as the seasons of House, etc., so I didn't pick those up, but the coupon would have take $10 off each season.

I put YMMV because I'm new to Costco and this was the only store that I've checked.

:)

Just to add: Coupon is good from July 28th to Aug 3, 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piece of crap!

I need season 6 and I ordered the 2 pack of that and Psych S2 off Borders.com with a 40% off coupon. Bo lo and hold now they tell me it's backordered and probably won't be back...ever.

And we have a Costco - but I am not member :*(

[quote name='CombatCraig']Piece of crap!

I need season 6 and I ordered the 2 pack of that and Psych S2 off Borders.com with a 40% off coupon. Bo lo and hold now they tell me it's backordered and probably won't be back...ever.

And we have a Costco - but I am not member :*([/quote]If you go there and ask them for a one-day guest pass, they should let you buy things there, though there's a 1-2 5% surcharge for the purchase.

Wish I had a Costco, just recently started watching Monk ( I know I'm late) and love it

Edit: just an FYI, you can order 1-4 online @ 9.99 and if you aren't a member it will cost you 5% extra or 2 bucks, they charge tax (varies per state) and Shipping is $6.27 for the four of them. Total for me is $51.12

Dunno if that's a good deal or not?

$51.12 shipped for 4 seasons is most definitely a deal. No doubt about it, especially if you've never seen them before. FYI: Eventually, due to contract disagreements, Sharona leaves the show in the middle of Season 4 IIRC. Many people felt it wouldn't be the same after that, but the new assistant turns out to be just as great if not better for the show, she just takes a few episodes to get warmed up to...(not a spoiler since it has nothing to do with the show itself, it was just a cast issue akin to what happen with Cheers)

[quote name='Brian9824']Don't think you can order em online anymore.[/quote]Nope, they're all gone, save Season 6 @ $24.99. Hopefully, my local Costco will have them when I head over there, and if not, they'll raincheck the coupon, which they do when they want to.

just orderd Monk 1-5 online for $62.60

cause of shipping, tax, and 2.50 non member fee (5%)

not bad considering Amazon wants around 40 a season

I will wait till Monk ends for good and get it on BR whenever it comes out. I have seen every episode till today and still going :) It is my top 1 show ever :D

My local Costco was out of them, save Season 6. Ordered them, came out to about $12/season, which works for me. Surprised they came back into stock, decided not to take a chance on a second time in not getting them.

[quote name='mhnajjar']I will wait till Monk ends for good and get it on BR whenever it comes out. I have seen every episode till today and still going :) It is my top 1 show ever :D[/quote]

was every season in hi-def? if not, you should still pick up the standard def seasons, as they won't see any improvement on BD.

[quote name='GuitarMan']

You can pick up a coupon book at the Customer Service Desk and inside is a coupon for $10 off each season of Monk, House, the Office and 1 or 2 others I can't remember.

[/quote]

I just got back from Costco and the other two series are 30 Rock and Heroes. The most notable series that I saw (besides The Office, I already have all 3 seasons on DVD though :)) was House for $17.99 each after the $10 coupon. Definitely worth it.

I think Northern Exposure season sets were also part of the sale, though like S6 of Monk, I think they were $24.99 AC. I know they weren't $9.99, that's for sure.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I may just have to hit up my friend to take me into Costco and see what's up. Hope something is left by Monday.[/quote]

They'll probably still be there, but coupon expires at the end of Sunday

Mine appear to have shipped as well.

I checked the coupon, and from what I remember, it showed the following on the coupon:

Heroes
The Office
Monk
30 Rock

... and I think there was something else as well on the picture on the coupon.

[quote name='shrike4242']
... and I think there was something else as well on the picture on the coupon.[/quote]

Yes there was, it was House.

I'm assuming they do, but does Costco ship from different' warehouses or something? I got two of the five seasons today. Wasn't quite sure what it was, since it was lighter then anything I was expecting.

My wife stopped at Costco on Saturday for some regular shopping and went to grab Monk. She grabbed Season 1 and put it in the cart when some guy reaches over her back and grabs the last copies of Seasons 2, 4, and 5. :whistle2:s

We ended up with The Office Season 3 though for $16.99. Not a huge deal, but slightly cheaper than the CC sale this week.

[quote name='thelonepig']My wife stopped at Costco on Saturday for some regular shopping and went to grab Monk. She grabbed Season 1 and put it in the cart when some guy reaches over her back and grabs the last copies of Seasons 2, 4, and 5. :whistle2:s
[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of a dick move you say? I'm sorry-- at least you got to start off the series.
I, however, completely forgot about the sale. I'm mad at myself.

A box with all five seasons arrived at my shipping address today. It came UPS Mail Innovations, which is why it took so long to get here.

[quote name='shrike4242']A box with all five seasons arrived at my shipping address today. It came UPS Mail Innovations, which is why it took so long to get here.[/quote]

lucky you, I only got seasons 3 and 5 or something like that in one box. I was hoping to start watching the series this week, but my 124 still haven't shown up

[quote name='MrDubbs']yay, i got the rest today, Season 2's box is pretty smashed in tho :([/quote]Mine wasn't packed real well, either. They had the boxes in a much larger box, with some loose air-pack tossed in there. One corner of the box was pretty screwed up, though the DVD boxes themselves were OK.

If you really have an issue with it, you can take it back to a local Costco, if you have one, or call their CS and see if they'll do an exchange, since it was screwed up in shipment.

bread's done
Back