Monkey island 2?

iwannadie

CAGiversary!
Ok, I just finished the 5 Tales of monkey island chapters and loved every second of it. However when I played the monkey island 2 demo I was kinda turned off to it right away. Does the game get better than what the demo shows? The voice acting doesn't seem as good as Tales, the controls were just confusing to me. I did love switching from remake to classic on the fly though.

I've never played the series before, I remember when they came out but I had no interest if I wasn't shooting something. So as someone who loved the Tales chapters will the previous games suck me in just as much or are they really that different?

Have you picked up the first Monkey Island SE? I'd definitely recommend starting there before going into the sequel.

Both games play differently than the Tales of chapters and differently from each other. There are some parts at the end of the first game where I was still having a hard time with the controls. The second game is actually a bit easier to control, IMO.

[quote name='thelonepig']Have you picked up the first Monkey Island SE? I'd definitely recommend starting there before going into the sequel.

Both games play differently than the Tales of chapters and differently from each other. There are some parts at the end of the first game where I was still having a hard time with the controls. The second game is actually a bit easier to control, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the first one on the PSN store, I'll look again and I guess go with that one and actually play the story in order. I guess I was spoiled by the 3d of the Tales chapters, not that I have anything against the 2d visual they look amazing.

bread's done
Back