Monoprice.com has Wii HD Cables for 3.89 plus shipping

[quote name='decon']I have the 4in1 from Monoprice it's good also. One cable for 4 systems.
$9.92 plus shipping.

4 in 1 Component Cable For Wii Xbox 360 PS3/PS2 - 5FT (Gold Plated)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=3706&seq=1&format=2[/quote]
This is great but you can't have them all plugged in at one time. This defeats the reason for having the cable.

As far as monoprice goes there is no other site or place I would go for cables. I have had nothing but awesome service and crazy good prices. I recently got a 50' set of component cable and a 12' length of optical for a 10th of what it would cost at circuit city or best buy. It is even better than monster if I was to compare the two.

i bought it along with HDMI for my ps3. after an hour or so, i got my delivery confirmation saying they going to ship it today.

Thanks OP ordered one as a Christmas gift. (ok maybe cables are a little tacky as a gift but I can't stand to watch my friend play his Wii on a HDTV without these)

somebody needs to present Monoprice with the "Sells products for their actual value and adds on good customer service to boot" award

seriously... they're like the last honest company on the interweb

i love that place

Wow, I am perusing their site looking at other VG related stuff, and all of their prices are great. I can't comment on the quality, but $9 for X360 VGA cables is a great deal. I really want to get a set of component cables for my PS2, but unfortunately they are out of stock. Normally, only $5.76 though!

My friend has a Wii but plays it on his Sharp Aquos LCD TV with the included A/V cables instead of using component cables, so I just ordered a set of these Wii cables as his X-Mas present.

Chris

[quote name='hfdpro']For those of you with hd cables. Is it a huge improvement? What is the best resolution you can get out of the Wii? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

should be a noticable improvement esp. if your display is > 40 " or if you sit really close.

480p is the highest res

[quote name='hfdpro']For those of you with hd cables. Is it a huge improvement? What is the best resolution you can get out of the Wii? Thanks.[/quote]

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii does 480i and 480p if I am correct. So then the component cables would let you see the image in prgressive scan instead of interlaced, which on an LCD TV is a pretty big improvement.

Chris

[quote name='Jibbajaba']I really want to get a set of component cables for my PS2, but unfortunately they are out of stock. Normally, only $5.76 though![/quote]

I got my PS2 Component cable from them, and it's top-notch. Hell, it might even actually be on-par with the OEM Sony one. I think it ran me like $9 shipped from them earlier in the year (when I finally got a PS2...)

I know two ppl in the market for Wiis that do not realize it upscales. Just got 2 for presents. Thanks for the tip.

Of course, $8 total for the 2 cables, but cheapest shipping was $8 also. :(

[quote name='Squashua']I know two ppl in the market for Wiis that do not realize it upscales. Just got 2 for presents. Thanks for the tip.[/QUOTE]

Huh? It doesn't.

These cables are awesome. I bought them the last time monoprice had this sale, and my Wii and these cables are like 2 peas in a pod. No complaints here.

Oh, and they're very safe to buy from. :)

Thanks I picked up another set, so I don't have to unplug it from my TV when I take my Wii somewhere. Now I just need an extra power cord/brick.

I have my cable and 360 currently holding the only 2 component cable slots....

I really want to hook up my Wii but i dont see how without having to get up and change the wires everytime I play....

Id like to get a set of those cables though....

Thanks OP, and thank everyone for your comments on Monoprice. I've been looking for a no-nonsense site like this for years. I went in for one of the 4-1in-1 component cables and a stand-alone AV component cable for my parent's DVD player (the idiot digital TV guy who came in routed the DVD player through the front input of the VCR then plugged that into their new plasma. W.T.F.!).

[quote name='JokerCard']I have my cable and 360 currently holding the only 2 component cable slots....

I really want to hook up my Wii but i dont see how without having to get up and change the wires everytime I play....

Id like to get a set of those cables though....[/QUOTE]

I think one of those system switcher deals might work in that situation, b ut I'm no expert.

Thanks a lot for this deal. Just got a HDTV two days ago, and I didn't feel like dropping the retail price For the Nintendo component cable.

[quote name='munch']monoprice is great. Don't worry about ordering from them.[/quote]
agreed...
MonoPrice is awesome, with amazing deals...

Got a couple of 6'~ 1.3 ~ catogory 2 (340hrz) HDMI cables & 2 Optical cables for less than the price of any one of those from a Local Store...

Did they ever make the thing for HDMI use on older 360 models?

If they did, I need one to free up a component sapce on my TV for the wii...

[quote name='Squashua']I know two ppl in the market for Wiis that do not realize it upscales. Just got 2 for presents. Thanks for the tip.

Of course, $8 total for the 2 cables, but cheapest shipping was $8 also. :([/quote]

Um, the Wii doesn't upscale. Sounds like the people you're referring to are a little wiser than you.

will this be an ongoing sale till the end of the month or something?

cuz am thinking about ordering this along with some dvd component cables for a 1 shot shipping deal... though those cables are in back order :(

Just so everyone know, colors might be abit better but its still gonna look like crap on an hd monitor since its still sd.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Just so everyone know, colors might be abit better but its still gonna look like crap on an hd monitor since its still sd.[/quote]
Got some component cables the other day to use my Wii on my 52" LCD Samsung --- make sure to choose the HDTV setting on your Wii. Made a WORLD of a difference over the standard RCA cables. Guess it depends on the person. :)

H.

[quote name='msdmoney']Thanks I picked up another set, so I don't have to unplug it from my TV when I take my Wii somewhere. Now I just need an extra power cord/brick.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Anyone ever find any good deals on those?

Thanks OP. Been spending a lot, but might have to jump on this. I have a 50" Samsung HDTV and Wii games dont look to hot on it, especially Wii Sports. Hopefully this cable will make the games look a lot better.

Thanks, lifeisgood72. A lurker comes through with a great post.;)

I probably won't get a Wii until at least summer but I'll have this sweet goodness waiting for it.

I just got on the monoprice train last week. I was looking for HDMI cables and was about to spend $65-80 at either Gamestop or BestBuy. A friend thankfully talked me out of it. Got two 6' lines for cheap. I want to say about $10.

Unfortunately, I placed it last monday on 2-3 shipping and still haven't heard from them. According to their link it hasn't even shipped out either. Still happy with the price but was hoping they would show up before my hdtv did(today).

[quote name='trunks982']i bought it along with HDMI for my ps3. after an hour or so, i got my delivery confirmation saying they going to ship it today.[/QUOTE]
Just because they sent out the delivery conf doesn't mean it shipped out, fyi .. those seem to be automated. I got my delivery conf, then a shipped email three days later, and item arrived to FL in about six days. Ships from Cali, so the closer you are, the more likely you'd be to receive it before Xmas.

[quote name='cartman58']
Unfortunately, I placed it last monday on 2-3 shipping and still haven't heard from them. According to their link it hasn't even shipped out either. Still happy with the price but was hoping they would show up before my hdtv did(today).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mine took alittle longer since I went with the cheapest shipping option, then my second order forced me into a higher shipping option ($8 vs $3 or something) but it arrived one day before the first package placed four days prior. Great prices, average shipping, great customer service (thats another story).

For AVS junkies like me monoprice.com is a godsend. Go over to avsforum.com to see reviews of their cables by the various forum members. I've saved myself a small fortune purchasing my HDMI cables, TV mount, and audio cables/speaker wire from them. NEVER PURCHASE A CABLE FROM ANY RETAIL OUTLET!!! Plan ahead of your purchase and order them the week before you purchase a new AV component. They are pure proft for ANY retail store. The prices at monoprice are close to what retail stores pay and mark them up to cover their bottom line. You just don't get the retail packaging. Plus in many cases you still end up to a superior product.

bread's done
Back