Monoprice HDMI Cables

I have the dirt cheapest 6 footer, and it works perfectly. Not sure if you need all that gold plating and whatnot, but it is only 5 bucks before shipping. For that price, not having it certified isn't probably a big deal. Besides, if you need it later down the road, you didn't spend 50 for this one.

I have my PS3 hooked up through this exact same cable. It looks great to me. I don't know that the more expensive ones would give you an appreciable upgrade in quality. Maybe if your TV is really huge, I don't know.

I do remember that their shipping was really fast. I'd definitely buy from them again.

[quote name='bone_matrix']I have the dirt cheapest 6 footer, and it works perfectly. Not sure if you need all that gold plating and whatnot, but it is only 5 bucks before shipping. For that price, not having it certified isn't probably a big deal. Besides, if you need it later down the road, you didn't spend 50 for this one.[/quote]

Gold plating is negligible up to about eight feet, not really bad at ten, but if you have a a home theater system that need 20-50 foot cables, then the gold montster cables for about $100 is needed, but if its just a short distance, then any monoprice cable is cheap.

[quote name='Optical']Whats the difference between 24AWG and 28AWG?[/quote]

It's how thick thick the wire is the smaller the number the thicker the wire. This is only needed for a long run if your running 6ft get the 28 no need for anything more.

And only get the 1.3a cable if what you are connecting to is a 1.3 device also.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for TV's that support HDMI 1.3 (I am getting a Sony KDS-60A3000 this Friday...can't wait)...any HDMI cable will do even for 1.3? Am I correct in saying that?

bread's done
Back