Monoprice:Wii Component Cables for $3.86, Charging Station $16.80

For any one that does not know, monoprice is a very reliable place to shop from in terms of quality, value, and customer service. It is the place for any and all assortment of cables for the AV enthusiast.

thanks so much OP, shipping to KS for the cables total was $6.48!!! Just got a Wii last night and can't wait to hook it up with these cables! Didn't go for the charge station since I want one that plugs into AC power.

thanks.. got tired of waiting for the amazon dotd to bring back the first party cables. will give this a try for < $7 shipped. thanks again OP.

I picked the Wii component cables from monoprice about 2 months ago and I have no complaints they work great. I highly reccomend them.

Does anyone have this Wiimote charger? I am wondering how effective the charging is (I take it that this connects to the Wii's USB port).

[quote name='djfp']Does anyone have this Wiimote charger? I am wondering how effective the charging is (I take it that this connects to the Wii's USB port).[/quote]

Yep it connects via usb. That's what made me pass on it but there are a ton of reviews on that site about how it works great for most people (4 out of 5 stars). I think I'm just going to go the rechargeable battery route since I have 4 Wii motes.

[quote name='fshaia']Do all the charge stations use USB ? or do the other ones plug into the wall outlet ?[/QUOTE]

The Joytech uses a pass tru cable that bridges it between it and the Wii power supply. Nintendo does NOT recommend this approach, but since I opened it and all the shit I went thru for the Wii, I can't return it :|

So do you have to keep the power on to the wii all the time, or will it still charge if the "red" light on the wii is on ? Sorry for all the questions, but I turn my wii off, I don't leave it in "standby" Thanks !

[quote name='fshaia']So do you have to keep the power on to the wii all the time, or will it still charge if the "red" light on the wii is on ? Sorry for all the questions, but I turn my wii off, I don't leave it in "standby" Thanks ![/quote]

If you dont leave it in standby, then you dont use the connect24 option, and it completely shuts down the console, and the ability to charge via USB. Which you would know if you took the time to read the comments on the page.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']If you dont leave it in standby, then you dont use the connect24 option, and it completely shuts down the console, and the ability to charge via USB. Which you would know if you took the time to read the comments on the page.[/QUOTE]

Mooky,

maybe you know. I had used the wiconnect and dont use it now... can I turn that standby feature off?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']If you dont leave it in standby, then you dont use the connect24 option, and it completely shuts down the console, and the ability to charge via USB. Which you would know if you took the time to read the comments on the page.[/quote]

I usually do read all the posts, but this time I didn't, EXCUSE ME !!! next time if you don't like my post, don't respond.

bread's done
Back