Monster HDMI budle $24.99 at radio shack FS

Thanks OP, but you'd be better off buying a generic HDMI cable for $3-5 at monoprice.com.

[quote name='Thrinn']Thanks OP, but you'd be better off buying a generic HDMI cable for $3-5 at monoprice.com.[/QUOTE]

If he only wanted to buy a HDMI cable, I agree. But I priced all three items (all generic) together from Monoprice and came up with a total price (including shipping to my house) at $23.82. So it isn't that big a price difference.

Does anyone know if the surge protector is any good? I know Monster has some good ones, but I dunno about this one. Could be worth it if its good.

This is defintely a good deal. Monoprice HDMI cables are crap. I bought 4 HDMI cables from monoprice for all of my equipment. The HDMI from the computer to my monitor look like crap compared to the DVI counterpart (using the same video card). I then hooked up the monoprice HDMI to my ps3 slim and got a ton of static in my picture ( thought I had a faulty ps3). After reading a little online, I found out a ton of people had this problem with their PS3 slims, and was a result of worthless HDMI cables. I bought a better one from target for around $20, and the picture is perfect.

I recomend investing in this mid price range for good cables, you've spent hundreds on high end equiptment, at least get the most out of it.

[quote name='Puffa469']Monster branded anything is a complete ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Monster Turbine IEMs are actually great for their price.

[quote name='tjm0711']This is defintely a good deal. Monoprice HDMI cables are crap. I bought 4 HDMI cables from monoprice for all of my equipment. The HDMI from the computer to my monitor look like crap compared to the DVI counterpart (using the same video card). I then hooked up the monoprice HDMI to my ps3 slim and got a ton of static in my picture ( thought I had a faulty ps3). After reading a little online, I found out a ton of people had this problem with their PS3 slims, and was a result of worthless HDMI cables. I bought a better one from target for around $20, and the picture is perfect.

I recomend investing in this mid price range for good cables, you've spent hundreds on high end equiptment, at least get the most out of it.[/QUOTE]
A digital cable is a digital cable. You either get a signal or you don't. All my cables come from monoprice and I've never had a problem, even on my slim PS3. But if you feel better buying expensive cables that do the same thing be my guest.

[quote name='tjm0711']This is defintely a good deal. Monoprice HDMI cables are crap. I bought 4 HDMI cables from monoprice for all of my equipment. The HDMI from the computer to my monitor look like crap compared to the DVI counterpart (using the same video card). I then hooked up the monoprice HDMI to my ps3 slim and got a ton of static in my picture ( thought I had a faulty ps3). After reading a little online, I found out a ton of people had this problem with their PS3 slims, and was a result of worthless HDMI cables. I bought a better one from target for around $20, and the picture is perfect.

I recomend investing in this mid price range for good cables, you've spent hundreds on high end equiptment, at least get the most out of it.[/QUOTE]

What length cables do you use? The only way I could see you having any problems whatsoever is because you probably bought the wrong kind of length and gauge. I've used Monoprice's "cheap" cables for years and never had a problem with their signal. I've tested them against Monster, Audioquest, and Kimber, and they stand up just fine.

Or you were just unlucky. All you're paying for with Monster cables or other popular brands is the name itself, you're paying the idiot consumer tax. I bought mine off Amazon for $2, there was no difference at all when I compared it to my friend's Monster HDMI aside from his bulky & fancy packaging.

I buy all my cables from monoprice. Never had an issue yet so there is no reason for me to pay that type of markup for Monster Cables. There are different HDMI specs but I have never really had any issues and if my cables someday don't work due to newer HDMI cables I still spent a considerable less than MC. Heck i could go through 10 generations of HDMI cables....but if I had the same experience than you I would probably look elsewhere for cables as well, but still better alternative than MC.

I stopped buying from monoprice when all their account info was stolen. I bought a hdmi cable off of amazon for $3 or so that has worked great. Those hdmi cables going for over $4 are a scam.

Sure - except that the Monster's claims (and your anecdotal evidence) contradict the laws of physics.

[quote name='typical guy']This thread should be deleted since it isn't game related.[/QUOTE]

This thread should be deleted because it's a crappy deal

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Or you were just unlucky. All you're paying for with Monster cables or other popular brands is the name itself, you're paying the idiot consumer tax. I bought mine off Amazon for $2, there was no difference at all when I compared it to my friend's Monster HDMI aside from his bulky & fancy packaging.[/QUOTE]

I've used monoprice HDMI cables on an older 1st gen ps3 and it worked fine, but I had to replace the first cable as the signal eventually went dark. Maybe I've had bad luck with these cheap cables. I still use monoprice for all other cables, but when it comes to my 1080P games and blu-rays, I'm willing to spend a little more to not have to worry. I guess that's just me.

This cable comes out to about $12 when u accout $10 for surge and $3 for screen cleaner. If I needed all three of these items, I'd jump on this price. If I were to buy 1 8 ft HDMI from monoprice, I'm paying $3.83 plus $3 shipping. I personally would get the monster cable for an extra $5. The rest of you do what you think is best.

I wouldn't call Monoprice cabled generic. They are insulated, gold plated, and have a Ferrite bead on them. Top of the line cables they are.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Monster Turbine IEMs are actually great for their price.[/QUOTE]
same with Copper Mosnter Turbine and the Gold Copper Turbines are really good.

However, anything else on their headphones/earphones product lines just sucks for the price

Also,
OP confirmed for troll

I'm running 5 monoprice HDMI cables, ranging from 3 feet to 150 feet in to my Denon 3808. All are flawless. There is nothing wrong with their cables.

I recomend investing in this mid price range for good cables, you've spent hundreds on high end equipment, at least get the most out of it.[/QUOTE]
you either got a bad cable or you are full of shit, hdmi cable = hdmi cable, there is a standard to of which the cable HAS to be to be sold you cant make them any better then that, that's a fact, to say one brand makes a hdmi cable that produces better picture then another is complete and utter bullshit

You're either lying or you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Probably a little of both.

[quote name='tjm0711']I personally would get the monster cable for an extra $5. The rest of you do what you think is best.[/QUOTE]
I guess you like getting ripped off.

Tough crowd. Seriously, what reason do I have for bs-ing? You guys need to grow up when it comes to someone giving a perspective or experience different from what you have.

[quote name='tjm0711']Tough crowd. Seriously, what reason do I have for bs-ing? You guys need to grow up when it comes to someone giving a perspective or experience different from what you have.[/QUOTE]
Here's the thing... What you're saying just isn't possible.

HDMI cables either work or they don't. There is no in between. This is a fact. Any problems you were having were not due to the HDMI cable.

[quote name='mtxbass1']i'm running 5 monoprice hdmi cables, ranging from 3 feet to 150 feet in to my denon 3808. All are flawless. There is nothing wrong with their cables.[/quote]
[quote name='styl3s']you either got a bad cable or you are full of shit, hdmi cable = hdmi cable, there is a standard to of which the cable has to be to be sold you cant make them any better then that, that's a fact, to say one brand makes a hdmi cable that produces better picture then another is complete and utter bullshit[/quote]
[quote name='ryan0991']you're either lying or you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Probably a little of both.[/quote]
[quote name='ryan0991']i guess you like getting ripped off.[/quote]
m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-moooonnnssttteeer ttrrroolll'd

[quote name='DarkRider23']Monster Turbine IEMs are actually great for their price.[/QUOTE]

I find that Monster Energy drink is also competitively priced as well. So I take back my original comment. =P

Monster brand cables however, still suck ass.

And if I was gonna spend $250+ on earbuds, I'd get Shure, not Monster, but to each their own.

[quote name='Puffa469']I find that Monster Energy drink is also competitively priced as well. So I take back my original comment. =P

Monster brand cables however, still suck ass.

And if I was gonna spend $250+ on earbuds, I'd get Shure, not Monster, but to each their own.[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing the Monster Turbines costs as low as $115 huh?. It's pretty retarded to generalize hate for a product you know jack shit about based on stereotyped brand-hate. Same shit goes with Bose, but they actually make some quality headphones too. The irony is people call the people who buy them sheep, yet haters act just like sheep with their blind hate.

[quote name='Ribkage']This isnt dumbassgamer its cheapassgamer. Monoprice 4tw[/QUOTE]

This is cheapassgamer, not HDMIcablecheapass.

[quote name='rayne117']This is cheapassgamer, not HDMIcablecheapass.[/QUOTE]
what's the matter?
you dont have an HDTV?

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I rather get Belkin for surge protectors.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Belkin surge protectors are awesome, specifically their 12-outlet versions with swivels.

Although has anyone else had the problem of their socket slots being too small?

Yeah...I've bought several HDMI cables from monoprice and the only problems I've had are really my fault (e.g. hooking a laptop to a TV while using the laptop and then tearing the cord or breaking the "male" part).

And considering how cheap they are, it's not a big deal.

Hm, I have 4 monoprice HDMI cables and a monoprice HDMI switcher. They all work as advertised (had some issues with PS3 and the switcher initially though) and I see absolutely no difference between their cables, the cable that came with my Samsung monitor or the overpriced Monster cable.

Don't kid yourself on the quality of expensive digital cables over ones that came free with your electronics. The only thing that they have over the cheapo cables is the gauge size and, by proxy, the durability a thicker cable offers.

[quote name='tjm0711']Tough crowd. Seriously, what reason do I have for bs-ing? You guys need to grow up when it comes to someone giving a perspective or experience different from what you have.[/QUOTE]

You work for monster?

It wasn't until I was once dead broke and bought regular HDMI cables that i realized how I'd been wasting my money with Monster. I had no choice but to get the "cheap" cables. Weeks later i realized that Monster was just charging me for the branding on the connectors. Really people, google this and you'll realize how big a scam it is. There are some great AVSFORUMS and Techie sites that give you the facts. OP thanks for posting, I know you meant well.

Well, at least this thread showed where to truly get a good cable deal and not to buy the crappy overpriced Monster brand. I would only expect soccer moms and such to fall for the expensive Monster cables, not the ones who really know their electronics. When you can buy 4-5 hdmi cables from monoprice for one "on sale" Monster cable, you know just how overpriced they are. Lets keep opening up more CAG's eyes and hopefully the word keeps spreading.

bread's done
Back