Monster Hunter $19.90 @ Fry's YMMV

Orga

CAGiversary!
Came from Fry's in Fremont, CA an hour ago, seems they have Monster Hunter for $19.90. They had a bunch of other good/cheap games, but I didn't have time to look at them all.

I can confirm this for Dallas,TX as well. Good find. Would've jumped on this a month ago, but now I've got too many games.

[quote name='whoknows']Too bad I dont have a fry's anywhere near me...do you have to pay to play this game online?[/quote]

Nope.

[quote name='Rozz']Game Informer said that its not too good of a game[/quote]

PSM, EGM, and GMR magazines said it was a good game, so what's your point?

[quote name='Rozz']Game Informer said that its not too good of a game[/quote]

Well then....fuck YOU GAME INFORMER fuck YOU IN YOUR STUPID LITTLE fuckING FACE.....Monster Hunter is a great game if you play with it online like I do, offline its still a good game. For 20 bucks you should all get it, there online community is booming as well.

Can confirm this is the same price at the Vegas Fry's. It's actually been this price for a while, I thought it was already mentioned as a price drop though so I never posted it. Have never played the game but how is it off-liine?

And if Game Informer said that it wasn't too good of a game, well then you can just forget them since their reviews are always terribly off. I will never trust them again after the Paper Mario 2 debacle.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can confirm this is the same price at the Vegas Fry's. It's actually been this price for a while, I thought it was already mentioned as a price drop though so I never posted it. Have never played the game but how is it off-liine?

And if Game Informer said that it wasn't too good of a game, well then you can just forget them since their reviews are always terribly off. I will never trust them again after the Paper Mario 2 debacle.[/quote]

The bad reviews for both Monster Hunter and Paper Mario were done by Game Informer IMHO because of GI's bad blood with EB and GMR Magazine. Simply put, GMR got the exclusive for the 1st Paper Mario review for US Magazines and I think GI made Nintendo pay because of that. Also, in Monster Hunter, they had an online quest that featured a sword with a GMR logo on it. Honest opinion from GI? i think not...

[quote name='Joe Fongul'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can confirm this is the same price at the Vegas Fry's. It's actually been this price for a while, I thought it was already mentioned as a price drop though so I never posted it. Have never played the game but how is it off-liine?

And if Game Informer said that it wasn't too good of a game, well then you can just forget them since their reviews are always terribly off. I will never trust them again after the Paper Mario 2 debacle.[/quote]

The bad reviews for both Monster Hunter and Paper Mario were done by Game Informer IMHO because of GI's bad blood with EB and GMR Magazine. Simply put, GMR got the exclusive for the 1st Paper Mario review for US Magazines and I think GI made Nintendo pay because of that. Also, in Monster Hunter, they had an online quest that featured a sword with a GMR logo on it. Honest opinion from GI? i think not...[/quote]

I thought that GI was hinting to something. I thought I was just being paranoied but it's good to know someone else saw it also. Also one question to those that have played the game, how is the single player in the game?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Don't EVER trust GI on ANY review. They are the most biased cunts I've ever seen.[/quote]

Hmm, I guess that can be the case sometimes, but at times they can be dead on in their reviews IMO. XIII and StarFox Adventures are two examples.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Don't EVER trust GI on ANY review. They are the most biased cunts I've ever seen.[/quote]

Hmm, I guess that can be the case sometimes, but at times they can be dead on in their reviews IMO. XIII and StarFox Adventures are two examples.[/quote]

What score did they give XIII?

Edit: Nevermind, did a search for them and it just strengthened my opinion of them. I still think they are the most bias and garbage mag out there. Even more so than Gamepro. I thout that XIII deserves at least an 8. It has an original story, great graphpics, mostly excellent voice acting (minus Duchovny), nothing I don't see to like. I guess they didn't like it because it wasn't the same sci-fi drivvle that we have been getting for years but in different forms.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']

I thought that GI was hinting to something. I thought I was just being paranoied but it's good to know someone else saw it also. Also one question to those that have played the game, how is the single player in the game?[/quote]

The single player is enjoyable, but to get the full scope of the game, you will need to play it online. The gameplay is very Phantasy Star Online-like with up to 4 players online at one time and the mechanics are somewhat like PSO as well.

One good write up on the game is at Game Science which can be seen here.

The writer is DCharlie who posts at the Gaming Age Forums. I really enjoy the game myself, but I find myself a little spread thin gamewise at the moment . If anyone picks the game up and wants someone to play with, just let me know as it would give me the excuse to play again...

bread's done
Back