Monster Hunter 3 Tri - Gen. Discussion & Info

j.elles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
- New Underwater bullets (Long range) and dragon bullets (Short range)
- Small sword weapon shield can cause faint effect to monster when hit
- Press evade button (B button) when knocked backwards to recover
- new bird monster
- Sea Dragon - When you are in electrified state (getting hit by its electric attack), and you get hit by electric attack again, the damage will be higher.

TGS Trailer up.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41053.html

Update
44079_mh31_122_1154lo.jpg

44081_mh32_122_1021lo.jpg

44084_mh33_122_834lo.jpg

Can be seen bigger through link
Shot 1
Shot 2
Shot 3

---------------------------------------------------------------
Solid details finally coming out there. Online 4 player. If that's co op with that speaker phone thing i'm definetly in for this. Anyway a lot of news has come out recently so I thought i'd put it all here.

Capcom looks to be going all out for this. Hopefully their TGS showing will deliver what these promises are laying out.

- New moves for all weapons new or old
- New branching for all weapons/armors
- New movements for Hunters
- New movements for old monsters
- New statuses for monsters
- Different items get different reactions from monsters

Some interesting details

takes place on a new, unexplored island
- forests, caves, underwater environments
- full control over your character when swimming
- go fishing and use your catches as ingredients
- there is an air gauge while swimming
- use torches to light up dark areas
- new monsters
- old monsters will be revamped as well
- underwater monster is the main monster of the game. This monster can survive outside of water as well
- 4 player online
- city acts as a lobby for meeting with other players

- the city in single player has more buildings to visit, and different paths to take
- appearing at TGS

Source
Scans are way way to huge to just post here. So click through.

Seriously look at these images though. If these images are real gameplay shots then Capcom should be commended.

By the way this game should be playable at TGS according to what i've read. So we should see if these shots translate into good motion very soon.

"It's an action/RPG game series; you track monsters, set traps, hunt them down, skin them, then eat their meat and use their body parts to make new and better weapons to hunt and catch bigger and badder monsters. Think Pokemon for 16-year-olds. ;)

And apparently the big sea dragon in the scans is the final boss of the game.

Never played Monster Hunter before, but the scans look wicked. Seriously considering a Day One here..."

Quote from someone else on CheapAssGamer. I know in Japan there is some kind of local multiplayer that's supposed to be really popular.

65q4ck.jpg

2i7n3lv.jpg

taizdl.jpg

2lsiq9e.jpg

2agq8b4.jpg

280pf82.jpg

1erl3r.jpg

or2m40.jpg

iyieds.jpg

2uypy6e.jpg

2nq9o51.jpg

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Famitsu Monster Hunter 3 interview Translated :whistle2: Very good translation from what I can tell. Easy to read.

A lot more information in the interview above but this is important to highlight I think. The engine is built for the Wii specifically and not a port from the Gamecube, PS2, PC, et al.
[quote name='Developer']
So, with the hardware changing, we decided to just go for it and look everything over again from zero. It feels a lot like it did when we where making MH1, constantly trying new things and going through trial and error, and eventually creating another, totally new “Monster Hunter.”
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was glad to hear this coming out on the wii after the 2 (I think) releases on psp after the ps2 version. I missed the ps2 versions and psp so I think I want to jump in here. Now I just need to get a wii.

Isn't the whole point of MH to have big MH parties? With local co-op being so crucial, I just don't see that working on the Wii. Were the PS2 versions popular?

[quote name='DQT']Isn't the whole point of MH to have big MH parties? With local co-op being so crucial, I just don't see that working on the Wii. Were the PS2 versions popular?[/QUOTE]

This is online
"4 player online
- city acts as a lobby for meeting with other players"
Plus the Wii can LAN and split screen. Conduit I believe will incorperate LAN play.

From what I heard about Monster hunter you basically couldn't finish the game unless you played co-op with friends, this was on the PSP. I own a PSP but since I don't have friends with a PSP that I can readily play with obviously it was not worth it to buy the game. If this game supports online play then I will probably buy it.

Found 2 underwater screens. I'm very curious to play this game. Pitting monsters against each other sounds interesting.
mh302.jpg

mh306.jpg

This looks freaking awesome... can't wait for a clearer trailer, as the current one makes this look like one of the best games (graphically) on the Wii thus far.

TGS trailer up. Video at top of the page in main post.

Pretty impressive. Those dragons, and other large creatures look surprisingly good.

It's online, Lan, and split screen so it's defiently not just single player only.

That being said I play MMO's single player for the most part so it's not impossible. Same rule probably applies here

Wow, I have never heard of this series until a week ago and this game looks stunning. The landscape and environment give off a Twilight Princess vibe for me.

Looking really good. If the co-op/online works well, I won't wait for a price drop.

I may have missed it, is there a tentative release date? Not this holiday, is it?

Looking fun. Never played a monster hunter game but this kinda looks like zelda combat mixed with big ass dinos to kill. Count me interested.

The other game it sort of reminds me of is Pikmin 2. The way that you can sort of sneak around and observe the wildlife do its thing.

Update with some new info.

- New Underwater bullets (Long range) and dragon bullets (Short range)
- Small sword weapon shield can cause faint effect to monster when hit
- Press evade button (B button) when knocked backwards to recover
- new bird monster
- Sea Dragon - When you are in electrified state (getting hit by its electric attack), and you get hit by electric attack again, the damage will be higher.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82371
Just like how G had a classic controller bundle, Tri will have a Classic Controller Pro bundle in Japan.

- those that purchase early in Japan will get one of three monster figurines
- rumble-compatible Classic Controller Pro pack for 8490 yen
- limited edition contents: DVD showing ‘making-of’ footage and a the complete orchestra session that was held last week, plus more goodies that are yet to be revealed
- volcano-themed field announced
- New character: Chacha - tribal character that helps you out in single player

bread's done
Back