Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/XL Cases On Sale

Man, those are pretty neat though I was hoping for something more like a zippered case.  I'm really tempted still, I just wish they were a little cheaper since I may very well have having them on the system.  That and I'm not quite as fond of the logo on the red one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt able to get one when they were first released but im kind of glad because I wanted a red one to match my XL and the design looks really good. I wonder how long these will last?

I wasnt able to get one when they were first released but im kind of glad because I wanted a red one to match my XL and the design looks really good. I wonder how long these will last?
Not sure, getting more tempted realizing that even if I don't like it and keep it nice I probably wouldn't lose any money in the long term. The $7 shipping though is kind of killing along with not liking the design quite as much.

Once they sell out you could prob make a profit on it down the road. It def wont decrease in value because of it being a limited collectible.

Might grab the red one. Bummed that the brass looking version of the Brachydios case didn't come back.

Nice, too bad I have a Pokemon 3DSXL and want to be able to see the design. I wish someone would do a clear case.

Bleh, Id get one if I still had my red XL, but like the other poster said I love showing off my upside down Pikachu.

I heard those clear cases can scratch them up.

The ones from Capcom has a soft liner on the inside to prevent damage I believe. The cheap no name brand ones you find on amazon don't have them, so they are more likely to scratch the system, and they tend to trap moisture, which can get annoying. 

I wanted one of these awhile back, and was really bummed when the original went out of stock right after I bought my 3DS XL. I just recently purchased a Hori cover for my XL (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Duraflexi-Protector-Blue/dp/B00CM7TCGM/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1373602549&sr=8-11&keywords=hori+3ds+xl). Its a soft plastic material thats kinda grippy. It only comes in blue and red, which is fine if you have a blue or red XL. If these stay in stock for awhile, or they start to produce them on a more permanent basis, I'll probably buy one sometime in the future. 

I have both the Brass & Red MH covers for my Nintendo 3DSXL. If you are a Monster Hunter fan, I would say go for it.  One thing to keep in mind is that you can see the color of your 3DS a little bit through the two camera holes on the front.  While I didn't care too much when I originally bought the original Brass cover at the first Monster Hunter Community College, I jumped at the chance to get the red colored cover just so things would look uniform.  I haven't had any scratches & the cover has a nice, tight seal.  If anyone wants pictures, just let me know..... 

I have both the Brass & Red MH covers for my Nintendo 3DSXL. If you are a Monster Hunter fan, I would say go for it. One thing to keep in mind is that you can see the color of your 3DS a little bit through the two camera holes on the front. While I didn't care too much when I originally bought the original Brass cover at the first Monster Hunter Community College, I jumped at the chance to get the red colored cover just so things would look uniform. I haven't had any scratches & the cover has a nice, tight seal. If anyone wants pictures, just let me know.....
Was the red made earlier? And I'd lve to see pics of the red one if you don't mind

I have both the Brass & Red MH covers for my Nintendo 3DSXL. If you are a Monster Hunter fan, I would say go for it. One thing to keep in mind is that you can see the color of your 3DS a little bit through the two camera holes on the front. While I didn't care too much when I originally bought the original Brass cover at the first Monster Hunter Community College, I jumped at the chance to get the red colored cover just so things would look uniform. I haven't had any scratches & the cover has a nice, tight seal. If anyone wants pictures, just let me know.....
Ah cool, since you have this I wanted to ask if you had any problems with your wifi as a result of the case. I've seen a few posts mention that their connections take a pretty massive hit when the case is on and it screws up their streetpass and multiplayer hunting.

There haven't been THAT may complaints, but enough to make me hesitate when ordering.

You know, I would definitely suggest this if you're a monster hunter fan.  Keep in mind though that these are aluminum cases and get scratched fairly easily.  We've had ours for a couple months and some of the color is coming off.  They're great otherwise

They look pretty good, I meant to pick the blue ones up a while ago, but I probably won't get any now because they've turned into sold out collector thingies I suppose.

Was the red made earlier? And I'd lve to see pics of the red one if you don't mind
The red & green cases were made available first at the latest Monster Hunter Community College & the online at the Capcom Store.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22797]

This is a picture of the brass one. As I posted yesterday, you can see the red from my 3DSXL peeking in from the top and from the camera holes on the bottom of the face.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22798]

Ah cool, since you have this I wanted to ask if you had any problems with your wifi as a result of the case. I've seen a few posts mention that their connections take a pretty massive hit when the case is on and it screws up their streetpass and multiplayer hunting.

There haven't been THAT may complaints, but enough to make me hesitate when ordering.
I haven't had any issues, but I only use the top of the case due to using my Circle Pad Pro. I have friends that use both the top and bottom and haven't had any connection issues either.

You know, I would definitely suggest this if you're a monster hunter fan. Keep in mind though that these are aluminum cases and get scratched fairly easily. We've had ours for a couple months and some of the color is coming off. They're great otherwise
Were you careful with it?

It sits in my pocket the majority of the time. I don't drop it or purposely scrape it against stuff.  It's just coming off on some areas and is a silver underneath the color.

They are 40% off now. Don't think these will last very long as Red one was already OOS sometime back, but looks like they got more stock

They are 40% off now. Don't think these will last very long as Red one was already OOS sometime back, but looks like they got more stock
Thanks for the heads up. Takes the sting a bit off of the horrendous "budget" shipping cost. Turned out to be $20 and some change for me on the red one. Didn't bother with the green one.

bread's done
Back