Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Out Now! (3ds)

Check this wiki out.

I recommend trying different weapons early on. You'll find yourself using several different weapons throughout the game. Right now I personally really like the new Charge Blade. I also really enjoy the Long Sword and Gun Lance as well.
Excellent, thanks. I tried the faster weapons in the demo and found that I do better with bigger weapons but I will be trying out a bunch as they come along.

Just picked up my copy of the game yesterday and I think I'm enjoying this version of Monster Hunter way more than any previous one I've tried. It seems more "friendly" yet at the same time has the depth of play that I hear everyone talking about. I'm only 5 hours in, but I'm enjoying myself and trying out various weapons to see which one I like.

Is there any resources I could look online to see what zones items/monsters are located at? Not that I don't want to look, but I don't have the time to spend hours looking in game when I have everything else coming out game wise, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any resources I could look online to see what zones items/monsters are located at? Not that I don't want to look, but I don't have the time to spend hours looking in game when I have everything else coming out game wise, lol.
The Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate wiki page is a great source for all things MH4U. Gamefaqs is also helpful if you are looking for some more specific information.

I would personally recommend going for 4. It feels like the more refined title to me. Actually has online capability. Friendlier intro, bit more of a concrete story (in my opinion,) and two new weapons. Don't get me wrong, I devoured 3, but I foresee even more 4 in my future.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back