Monster Hunter: Frontier G has been announced for Vita

PimpLimp

CAGiversary!
While only announced for Japan at the moment, here's more info from IGN:

During the Tokyo Game Show today, Capcom announced that Monster Hunter: Frontier G will come to Vita in 2014.

On the game’s official site, Capcom says that the Vita version of Frontier G "can use the same data" as the PlayStation 3 version and that it will feature online play and that players can "connect with WiFi and play easily on the go." Quests will be playable by up to four players at the same time.

Capcom also confirmed that there will be an "exclusive world" in the PlayStation 3 version of Frontier G, with World A and B on PlayStation 3 and Vita, but World C available only to PS3 players. It will be possible for players to switch between worlds.
UPDATE

Here's a trailer from TGS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1yBa9iBCqw

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny reading all the reactions about hell ya, MH on vita where it belongs until they were painfully made aware what they are getting.  This news following MH4 sales # result in some seriously funny Sony MH fanboy meltdown.

Gotta hand it to Vita/Sony tho, they went with ports instead of new games and they truly stick with it. At lease we can now say that Vita do have a MH game and get it over with.  Even if it is localized (it won't), I will skip this. (on vita/ps3/and Wii U)  People that want MH should just enjoy Toukiden which is coming to NA soon.

Even if Monster Hunter Frontier G does not reach the states, we can still play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on our Vitas... with local multiplayer  :wall:

As someone who doesn't know much about Monster Hunter is this a big deal coming to Vita or not so much since it's not 4?

It is funny reading all the reactions about hell ya, MH on vita where it belongs until they were painfully made aware what they are getting. This news following MH4 sales # result in some seriously funny Sony MH fanboy meltdown.

Gotta hand it to Vita/Sony tho, they went with ports instead of new games and they truly stick with it. At lease we can now say that Vita do have a MH game and get it over with. Even if it is localized (it won't), I will skip this. (on vita/ps3/and Wii U) People that want MH should just enjoy Toukiden which is coming to NA soon.
You're expecting way too much if you thought MH4 (or even an announcement for it) was coming to the Vita this soon. MH4 came out on the 3DS in Japan literally just days ago. Now why would Capcom (who's becoming more and more notorious with money grabs these days), announce a Vita version less than a week after it released on 3DS? They wouldn't. The 3DS has the bigger install base and they're going to most likely want it to be as successful as possible on the 3DS first, before moving it on to another console. Hell, MH4 still hasn't even been announced outside of Japan yet.

I think there's plenty of reason to pick the game up though. Even if it's a port, there are still features like cross-save and cross-play that are new and unique to it. But I do agree and think that the chances of this being localized are pretty slim though. It wouldn't make sense to do it unless both the PS3 and Vita versions are brought over, and I don't see that being done.

And Toukiden is coming out soon? It still doesn't even have a solid release date in NA yet. Nothing has changed from the initial "Q4 2013" announcement. So assuming it's still on time to make that quarter, it could at most be another three and a half months before we see it here in the states.

Well Frontier is online only I guess. Never played or interested much in Frontier, because I know someday Monster Hunter Portable will rise again, dont take me wrong but Id putted over 1200h across MHF2 to MHP3rd.

bread's done
Back