Monster Hunter Online CAG Group - Let's all hunt together!

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Hello everyone, I decided it was time to start a CAG Online MHFU group for all of us to help each other and get passed those impossible goals in this game.

Here's a very good Tutorial how to get online via Ad-Hoc Party :
http://capcom-unity.com/bastion6six6/blog/2009/05/22/official_capcom_adhoc_party_tutorial_blog
note: it also teaches you how to make a Japanese account in case you don't have one

here's a video with no dialogue, but helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGoIgZwavs

There is also XLink Kai, but seeing as the PS3 AdHoc Party is alot easier to setup, we will focus on using that unless people demand the use of Kai.

Currently I'm almost a G rank (oh good lord I want to level up badly... its so hard soloing though!!!!) and probably have too many hours in this game to count.

I'm willing to help people since I just enjoy playing the game, and helping people get unstuck to play more is something I'd love doing.

Hopefully we can get some teams of 4 hunters to tackle the harder quests at some point as well.

Post any questions or times a meetup would work or just regular discussion of online.

If you wish to talk general info, please do so here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129509

thanks and I wish you luck on your hunting!

I'm also just a beginner of Unite, but I'll look into setting up an account using the ps3 adhoc party system. I'll post if I can manage to get it set up to see when some good times to hunt w/ cags will be.

I've got MHFU on order, and should have my PSP soon so I'd be up for this as well, but I'd have to use Xlink--will that be a problem if you guys are on PS3? I'm not sure how that works.

I actually got Adhoc set up last night and it pretty easy using that guide in the first post. I then decided to try it out and after some tinkering I was able to navigate through the lobby pretty easily. Sony really needs to release this for the NA audience. Anyway, before long people were offering to help me do some quests and asking if I wanted to join them even though some were a much higher rank than me. I have to say this is the best community I've ever experienced in a game. I spent 3 hours playing MH: Unite and needless to say I can't wait to get back to it.

I'd be interested in playing. It's my first MH game. Just tried playing with a friend and we got our asses kicked by the Giadrome in the gathering hall.

I just finished up all the beginner quests last night, and now I am working on some of the one star chief quests. I also messed around with the adhoc party download and it seems like everything should work alright.

Once I start understanding things a little better I would be down for some CAG hunting.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Even if you don't understand it does help to watch other players kinda. Again, I'm down for helping, I just have to know ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I am working through the weapon training stuff and trying to figure out which weapon will be easiest for me to use right away. But maybe we can plan a night this week or something where a couple of us could get on and mess around.

I'm hoping to be able to get online this weekend. I'm only at level 1 but I should be level 2 soon. I've soloed Yian Kut-Ku, the "land shark" monster, and done some of the other village chief's 2-star quests so hopefully I can knock out the rest of the gathering quests and move up. What level is everyone at?

I have to finish 2 missions then I'm pretty much free to help anyone. One is a huge pain which I'll be going online for help for, while the other I can solo.

I'll help people rank up quick though if wanted.

Hey got my PS3 back add me shadowrep
I am always up when the US is up so lets play Btw HR7 with full G rank Silver Los armor xD!
If you guys need help with anything, i will be more than happy to help.

I'm on at strange hours, but might hop on tonight depending on how far I get with some work.

When I say tonight though I mean really late.

Mainly looking to get to HR8 just so I can get all the g-ranked gathering quests.

currently HR7

Yay!

In one night last night I did all teh quests needed to rank up to HR8 yay!!!

no more to stress over, now just time to have fun with the game and eventually work to HR9.

That's awesome I made it to HR9. Got the Ukanlos now. Btw I got there fast since I live in the London the gathering Hall is there.

Hey Rolento, I just got this last week and I have both Adhoc Party and XLink set up and ready to go. I've just done the training hall quests, so in other words I really have no idea what I'm doing. I really want to jump online though.

This game is way more badass and addictive than I ever thought it would be. I didn't think I would like it, but I can't stop playing it.

[quote name='silks']Hey Rolento, I just got this last week and I have both Adhoc Party and XLink set up and ready to go. I've just done the training hall quests, so in other words I really have no idea what I'm doing. I really want to jump online though.

This game is way more badass and addictive than I ever thought it would be. I didn't think I would like it, but I can't stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be changing the OP of this thread soon so you're in luck since this will be held mondays with the guys at NeoGAF as well. I have a consistent monday 9pm and later group on GAF and whoever here wants to join those nights is welcome in J-2.

Does Ad-Hoc party work with the 20 gb PS3s? I thought I heard something way back when that indicated that they couldn't use it because of no wifi.

[quote name='Halo05']Does Ad-Hoc party work with the 20 gb PS3s? I thought I heard something way back when that indicated that they couldn't use it because of no wifi.[/QUOTE]

That's quite possible. My understanding of how they make Ad Hoc Party work is that the PSP must be connected "ad hoc" to the PS3, thus occupying the wireless connection of the PS3. Then, the wired connection of the PS3 is used for the internet link between the two PS3's using Ad Hoc Party.

I don't know if that's true--it's just what I read somewhere in the past--couldn't provide the site because I don't remember where it was. Just trying to help though.

Hmmm... the tutorial linked on the first page is missing its pictures. I already have a Japanese PSN account so that part is easy.

Isn't Ad-Hoc party supposed to come out in the US? That's something else I remember hearing way back that hasn't come to fruition yet. Then again, the cries of a few would-be online Monster Hunter players isn't nearly as loud in the US as in Japan.

[quote name='Halo05']Hmmm... the tutorial linked on the first page is missing its pictures. I already have a Japanese PSN account so that part is easy.

Isn't Ad-Hoc party supposed to come out in the US? That's something else I remember hearing way back that hasn't come to fruition yet. Then again, the cries of a few would-be online Monster Hunter players isn't nearly as loud in the US as in Japan.[/QUOTE]

I read on some site that Ad Hoc Party might come within even a week or two. I forget where, but it was either on the Gawker blog ring (Kotaku, Gizmodo, etc.) or on Engadget's blog ring (Joystiq, etc) Either way, it's an exciting prospect, really.

[quote name='Halo05']Hmmm... the tutorial linked on the first page is missing its pictures. I already have a Japanese PSN account so that part is easy.

Isn't Ad-Hoc party supposed to come out in the US? That's something else I remember hearing way back that hasn't come to fruition yet. Then again, the cries of a few would-be online Monster Hunter players isn't nearly as loud in the US as in Japan.[/QUOTE]

MHFU Japan sales - 3.4 million
MHFU US sales - 150,000

That about says it all. I think Adhoc Party will make it here soon, for GT PSP.

[quote name='PocariSweat']20 gig model == no go.[/QUOTE]

I need that crudely drawn comic of a stick figure screaming, "FUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

bread's done
Back