Monster Hunter Online CAG Group - Let's all hunt together!

I'm going to give this a try tonight, Rolento. If I can turn on my PS3, set up Adhoc Party, leave the room, and play from the comfort of my bed, mega-win.

you can do that. I might not make it tonight since I've got alot of work to do.

side note though: keep in mind the firmware update goes live so dont be surprised if you get disconnected at some point tonight.

I hopped on in J-2, Lobby 1 and there were a few people there (nobody I knew, though). Then I realized I had no idea how to do anything, so I logged off.

Is there a translation guide for Adhoc Party somewhere?

I'm gonna get a ps3 hopefully by then end of this month so I can play adhoc

currently hr 7, I seriously was gonna quit the game because of akantor, but i defeated him multiple times.

I'm a n00b, doing the Gathering Quests. I haven't even done anything really, and the game is already hella fun.

New to the series but having fun. Or rather, was having fun till this lightning penis boss. Everything up till him has been a breeze, but I have the hardest time fighting the Khezu. Its slow, it leaves tons of openings, but no matter how much I smash its face in, I can never seem to kill it.

I could probably do it if I brought my own supplies, but I'm trying to beat the game only using the stuff you get from the chest to save money.

Also, I think the armor I'm using has a negative resistance to lightning, so thats probably killing me faster too.

[quote name='crystalklear64']New to the series but having fun. Or rather, was having fun till this lightning penis boss. Everything up till him has been a breeze, but I have the hardest time fighting the Khezu. Its slow, it leaves tons of openings, but no matter how much I smash its face in, I can never seem to kill it.

I could probably do it if I brought my own supplies, but I'm trying to beat the game only using the stuff you get from the chest to save money.

Also, I think the armor I'm using has a negative resistance to lightning, so thats probably killing me faster too.[/QUOTE]

What I bolded are your two main problems. If ur tight on money just spend it all on needed supplies and if you die just quit out and load your save again.

Also the armor thing is a huge factor as well. you might have good defense but shitty lightning resistance thus making the armor possibly useless.

if ur doing guild hall missions I can help but if not, good luck. if you think the khzu is hard, wait till later guys... khzu becomes a cakewalk later.

side note: try using a weapon with fire attributes since khzu is weak to fire.

what weapon are you using against him?

hitting his legs will cause him to fall down to get some extra hits on him

Small heads up:

this monday I hopped on MHFU with a GAF member and I finally hit HR9 :)

easier than I expected honestly....

now I wanna shoot for maxing a few weapons and go for Los Silver Armor... then I think I dont know...?

wish I had a ps3

g ranked monsters are no joke

played mostly solo, currently hr9

I don't want to beat ukanlos yet because I need two more heavenly rath scales

I want to finish silver sol z armor

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Small heads up:

this monday I hopped on MHFU with a GAF member and I finally hit HR9 :)

easier than I expected honestly....

now I wanna shoot for maxing a few weapons and go for Los Silver Armor... then I think I dont know...?[/QUOTE]

So...I don't know what that actually MEANS.

However, I got my PSP Go last night in the mail. I haven't downloaded any fresh games yet because I simply haven't gotten around to paying for anything. I downloaded 29 demos the night before last, in preparation for the Go. BRIEFLY played like 10 that I knew I'd be deleting, and now I'm on to the real meat of things.

After I give MHFU's demo a little playtime I'll hopefully be joining you folks, if I can figure the Japanese Ad Hoc Party out...

the MHFU demo is a general view of how it plays, but not the long term feel of the game. let's just say i already have 300 hours in the game, not even online.

is online hr different from single player hr?

i still haven't been able to beat the khezu after numerous hours of attempts, so it'd be great if its a separate system so i can just forget about it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the MHFU demo is a general view of how it plays, but not the long term feel of the game. let's just say i already have 300 hours in the game, not even online.[/QUOTE]

I think I might be setting the bar too high. I played a bit of the demo and was a bit unimpressed--the controls weren't quite precise enough for me. I was using the bow a lot, and I felt that aiming was just not quite "right" from a distance. I felt like I was missing pretty easy shots at times.

I think I'm going to try playing again with a melee class. In your experience do you think that would be the better route to take?

I also felt that I had no purpose in the demo. Didn't really follow exactly what I was doing or understand the point of it. Like I said, I WANT to l like it, so I could play online w/ others, but I can't justify it yet based on my play with a bow. Hopefully the experience will be better with a more melee-heavy approach?

Yea...MHFU is DEFINITELY a lot more accessible as a melee character. I read through the in-demo manual again for the basic sword class as well as again for the bow class as well. The problem I had was that the game seemed a bit to repetitive just from the demo. And the boss took a long time to kill.

I'm gonna try again with another character type, and play one of the harder bosses. We'll see if it's any better.

monsters get easier to kill as you get your skill up. sure this is a action rpg type of game, but it's 75% skill based.

I good start for beginners is Sword and Shield since it's the most straightforward of all the weapons. Go for katana once you feel like you're good at dodging. lance isn't bad either.

Much thanks. Is there any news about the NEXT MH? I'm now having doubts because I don't want to put like 500 hours into this one and start over soon with the followup game. (I read it was 2010, but didn't know the time frame--if it's like January, I'd probably wait haha)

bread's done
Back