Monster Squad finally coming on DVD on July 24th

[quote name='chair_home']Finally. It hasn't been on DVD ever, and they're finally doing it. Anyone else remember/love/hate this movie?
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32529[/quote]

I loved it for all its cheesiness, even though it was an extremely poor man's Goonies.

BTW, I went to college with both Chunk from Goonies and the fat kid from Monster Squad (don't remember his character name, but his real name is Brent)...I was actually friends with him and an acquaintance of Chunk.

[quote name='karkyco']I loved it for all its cheesiness, even though it was an extremely poor man's Goonies.

BTW, I went to college with both Chunk from Goonies and the fat kid from Monster Squad (don't remember his character name, but his real name is Brent)...I was actually friends with him and an acquaintance of Chunk.[/QUOTE]

Its true. But I still love the movie. Did you ever pit the two against each other? haha.

[quote name='chair_home']Its true. But I still love the movie. Did you ever pit the two against each other? haha.[/quote]

HAHAHA I think some of us were planning to. But the guy who played Chunk was REALLY unhappy with being recognized solely for that film. It's his claim to fame, but he hated being called Chunk (even though so many of us grew up loving that movie and loved the guy). He lost the extra weight and looked pretty normal by the time he got to college, so I guess he must have been harassed a LOT over the role.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Wolfman's got nards![/quote]

I was quoting from this movie just last week. The people with me in the room at the time looked at me like I was crazy. Obviously, they have never been exposed to this theatrical masterpiece.

bread's done
Back