Monster's Inc on Blu-ray-Any coupons out there to get it cheaper?

thesis88

CAGiversary!
Hi, guys. I was just wondering if any of you knew about any coupons out there for Monster's Inc on Blu-ray? I looked under the Blu-ray coupons and rebates thread, but apparently, they seem to have expired by now. I bought the movie at Target with the $5 off coupon on Christmas eve, but I accidentally made a slight tear on the spine of the movie (where the box art shows the title and the blu-ray logo) when I opened it and for some reason I feel the movie's lost its value due to that. I really just wanted to buy the movie again to get another blu-ray box with the non-torn box art. Am I overreacting just a little? lol... Anyway, I could just buy a new one and give away the one I have now or perhaps sell it being as how the discs weren't even watched.

If the disks are fine, then yes I do think you are overreacting. Any way, I posted an Amazon deal that is still going on. Monster Inc and Up for $28. Both are Blu-ray + DVD + digital copy. Hope this helps.

Yes, the movies are completely fine and new. I guess I did overreact a little, if I put the slip cover over it, you can't even tell the box art is torn. But thanks for the heads up on your deal. Too bad I've already got two copies of "Up" on Blu-Ray. lol.

I took advantage of that Amazon deal. I wish I had taken advantage of the other one when Up and Monsters first came out; crazy better deal. That's your best bet if you don't already have Up or if you do then maybe you can return the new one if you still have the receipt.

Anyway, I don't think you're overreacting. I get annoyed when my cases are cracked or torn in any way. I like my stuff to be in great condition because that's how I keep them. If I pay for a product then it should come in the condition I want otherwise I have every right to be dissatisfied.

You can take it back and exchange it if you still have the receipt for Monsters, though, or just buy it again from Amazon at a cheaper price and return it.

Don't feel bad just because you have standards.

[quote name='rapsodist']Is there a reason why you can't get an exchange at Target? That'd be the easiest route.[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same exact thing.

[quote name='seanhassars']I'm wondering the same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

Can you return an opended blu ray?

[quote name='Xtreem813']I took advantage of that Amazon deal. I wish I had taken advantage of the other one when Up and Monsters first came out; crazy better deal. That's your best bet if you don't already have Up or if you do then maybe you can return the new one if you still have the receipt.

Anyway, I don't think you're overreacting. I get annoyed when my cases are cracked or torn in any way. I like my stuff to be in great condition because that's how I keep them. If I pay for a product then it should come in the condition I want otherwise I have every right to be dissatisfied.

You can take it back and exchange it if you still have the receipt for Monsters, though, or just buy it again from Amazon at a cheaper price and return it.

Don't feel bad just because you have standards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for understanding me. lol

And yeah, I didn't know you were able to exchange opened Blu-rays, but I called my local Target today and they said it's fine, but they could only exchange it for the same item. Therefore, it should be no problem. I just tend to worry at times because when you come into customer service, the employees tend to question you for returning something and I feel as if they won't grant my exchange or return if I went myself. But it clearly states on the receipt that the Blu-ray can only be exchanged if open. I might just tell them that it took too long to load on my Blu-ray player if they ask me the reason why I wanted to exchange it (even though I only want a new box). It shouldn't be their concern anyway, but whatever. My reason seems sincere, right? lol.

In my experience, customer service at Target usually doesn't even bother to ask why you're returning/exchanging, and even if they do, it feels like a formality and they don't actually care what your answer is.

^^

very true i guess they are used to it a bit to much
1.gif

[quote name='rapsodist']In my experience, customer service at Target usually doesn't even bother to ask why you're returning/exchanging, and even if they do, it feels like a formality and they don't actually care what your answer is.[/QUOTE]

Retailers in general don't care why you are returning/exchanging a product. All that matters to them is if the product is missing parts or defective. If you start going on a rambling fest about how your co-workers uncle's brother in law from alabama did not like the gift then they know you are lieing about the issue at hand. Just say you want to return or exhange, no need for explanation.

[quote name='Xtreem813']I took advantage of that Amazon deal. I wish I had taken advantage of the other one when Up and Monsters first came out; crazy better deal.[/QUOTE]

You can still get both Up and Monster's on Blu for $27.98 just add each one into your shopping cart and the deal becomes active. I just did this to make sure it still works and it does. That's an awesome deal in my opinion.

Well, you guys were right. The Target employee didn't really question me about why I wanted to exchange it. Perhaps it's usually just my luck to get questioned by older folks at retail stores. This time, however, I had a teenage girl who assisted me and asked no questions, whatsoever. When I exchanged it though, I didn't include the slip cover, and she only asked if the movie I was exchanging came with the slip cover. I told her the copy I was exchanging didn't come with one... but in reality, it did. I just didn't like the crappy slip cover I got with the new copy, so I kept the old one I had. Whateva! I'm a guy with standards! :p

bread's done
Back