Mooky made a Wii Sports DVD Cover (Ver.2.0!)

Did you guys see this:
aussie-wii-retail-box-arrives-20061127041834885.jpg

the aussies get a full sized dvd case with their launch console. so not fair.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/747/747730p3.html

[quote name='rutger1413']yea and we have had our systems for about 2 weeks now.[/quote]

still would have been nice to see. it obvoiusly wasnt that much of a stretch for them to make it happen.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. 272x184mm is the Wii case size. Just need to resize it to that, set as landscape, and trim down the edges after printing.

Looks great even on regular printer paper! Thanks Mooky!

[quote name='f4t4lfury']Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. 272x184mm is the Wii case size. Just need to resize it to that, set as landscape, and trim down the edges after printing.

Looks great even on regular printer paper! Thanks Mooky![/QUOTE]

I think the standard size for the dvd cover is 10.75" X 7.1875" or something in that range.

@ my job we can print on 11x17 paper so I made a word document, resize the paper margin to what it should be and pop the picture in. remember to put a border around the image so that you can know where to cut since part of the cover is white.

i can email you the word document if you send me a PM.

I've removed all the links to this cover.

Sorry to disapoint anyone, but after iazybandit decided to profit off of a cover I spent 6+ hours creating (I retyped all the text for superior printing, recreated the cover from scratch and cleaned all the images and placed them, all while trying to keep close to the original design) then I went to eBay and saw others, as well.

I realized, that it was rediculous for me to make everyone else money. Thank you for your support, but I'm out of cover making for a while.

Can someone send it to me? I promise Im not going to sell it. I just hunted down a white DVD case, so now I need the cover. Any help is much appreciated.

looks good on the front page...I knew I should have played my wii earlier then last night....After a week of not touching it, my wife and I played wii sports last night. Could have used the cover you made....if i only had played it earlier in the week.

Jeez, what a punk, I can't believe he took advantage of a CAG's work and then even advertised it on CAG. Like mykevermin said though, this is still on snowcone's site as well as others.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I've removed all the links to this cover.

Sorry to disapoint anyone, but after iazybandit decided to profit off of a cover I spent 6+ hours creating (I retyped all the text for superior printing, recreated the cover from scratch and cleaned all the images and placed them, all while trying to keep close to the original design) then I went to eBay and saw others, as well.

I realized, that it was rediculous for me to make everyone else money. Thank you for your support, but I'm out of cover making for a while.[/QUOTE]
Before all blames go to me, I'm not the only one selling your cover. There are other sellers as well. So why not go after them instead of singling me out? There are people who dont have access to printers nor have the time. So I'm providing a service just like any other seller that is selling covers. Not once did I say that I made the covers.

I also emailed you stating that I would remove yours from the auction. And if you won my auction just to leave me negative feedback, then go right ahead.

If people are just going to keep on blaming me for something that I agreed to remove then I'll just keep doing what I'm doing if I'm just going to keep getting blamed.

My cover is down for whatever reason and once I'll find out why, I'll reupload it for those to download and print. If you want to make a profit off of it...go right ahead. So as long my work is being appreciated even though I put "6+" hours on it.

[quote name='encendido5']Jeez, what a punk, I can't believe he took advantage of a CAG's work and then even advertised it on CAG. Like mykevermin said though, this is still on snowcone's site as well as others.[/QUOTE]
First off, I never advertised it on CAG. Not once. So get that straight.

[quote name='iazybandit']First off, I never advertised it on CAG. Not once. So get that straight.[/quote]

Actually, if I click on your ebay link in your sig, it takes me to all the items you're listing, including the wii sports cover. I would call that advertising.

Also, I think the difference between you and the other people selling is that you're a registered CAG member taking advantage of another CAG's work. I don't know how else to say it, but you should know better. Whatever...

[quote name='encendido5']Actually, if I click on your ebay link in your sig, it takes me to all the items you're listing, including the wii sports cover. I would call that advertising.

Also, I think the difference between you and the other people selling is that you're a registered CAG member taking advantage of another CAG's work. I don't know how else to say it, but you should know better. Whatever...[/QUOTE]
But am I flat out saying or posting Wii Custom Covers for sale on CAG? No.

$13 shipped? You's a straight up prick, no two ways about it.

EDIT: If you're already fighting the argument with semantics (the "did I *SAY* I had custom covers?"), please recognize that you're using desperation tactics early on in an argument. In that case, it would probably be best to pack up your printer and go home with some semblance of your dignity intact.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Ban him!!! Sure he can get back on CAG under another name but it will sting a bit.[/QUOTE]
Ban me? HA. I was nice enough to remove the insert from my auction, but if people still want to act like this..go right ahead.

[quote name='mykevermin']$13 shipped? You's a straight up prick, no two ways about it.[/QUOTE]
I'm loving this..keep them coming.

Isn't it bad to make money off copyrighted images you don't own? I mean, even though Mookyjooky made the DVD insert, he couldn't profit off it because the images he used are copyrighted, aren't they? I'd imagine if people started copying case inserts and selling printed copies, companies would have a cow.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Isn't it bad to make money off copyrighted images you don't own? I mean, even though Mookyjooky made the DVD insert, he couldn't profit off it because the images he used are copyrighted, aren't they? I'd imagine if people started copying case inserts and selling printed copies, companies would have a cow.[/QUOTE]
Well Mooky reported me to Nintendo and eBay :applause: . So if I'm to be reported..all other eBay sellers should be as well cuz their doing the same exact thing.

i think this is the page you guys are looking for...

in particular...

"If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay."

it says, violations of this policy may result in listing cancellation, limits on account, account suspension and more.

that page even has a place where you can report auctions or sellers who are selling items that violate this rule. have fun!

[quote name='iazybandit']Well Mooky reported me to Nintendo and eBay :applause: . So if I'm to be reported..all other eBay sellers should be as well cuz their doing the same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Mooky rules.

[quote name='iazybandit']Well Mooky reported me to Nintendo and eBay :applause: . So if I'm to be reported..all other eBay sellers should be as well cuz their doing the same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

Nice try dipshit. The "well other people are doing it" defense isn't going to help you one bit. I mean, I hear about murders on the news daily, but you don't see me running out and killing people then trying to justify it flailing my arms about like a two year-old proclaiming "but other people do it too!"

I don't think he should be banned, but if there's a way to give him a permanent signature that says "I profit off of other CAG's hard work - ask me how," I'd surely recommend it. ;)

[quote name='DocRamon']i think this is the page you guys are looking for...

in particular...

"If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay."

it says, violations of this policy may result in listing cancellation, limits on account, account suspension and more.

that page even has a place where you can report auctions or sellers who are selling items that violate this rule. have fun![/QUOTE]
Sorry but this doesnt fall into any of those categories, as I'm not selling any media or bootlegs.

And as a man of my word, I removed his insert from my auction.

[quote name='iazybandit']Sorry but this doesnt fall into any of those categories, as I'm not selling any media or bootlegs.[/QUOTE]Your inserts have images by Nintendo with the Nintendo logo right on them. I really doubt Nintendo endorses your product.

it doesn't have to be media or bootlegs...

"Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay."

i would say that this falls into the category of an unauthorized item... it has the nintendo company logo and they did not create or endorse the item. it is also an unauthorized copy, as you are not the artwork's creator and the creator did not give you permission to use the artwork for profit.

justify it all you want, man... it's a violation of ebay rules. and removing the insert from you auctions helps, but it doesn't ignore the fact that you did this in the first place, knowing that you'd be making easy money by selling something that really wasn't yours.

[quote name='DocRamon']it doesn't have to be media or bootlegs...

"Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay."

i would say that this falls into the category of an unauthorized item... it has the nintendo company logo and they did not create or endorse the item. it is also an unauthorized copy, as you are not the artwork's creator and the creator did not give you permission to use the artwork for profit.

justify it all you want, man... it's a violation of ebay rules. and removing the insert from you auctions helps, but it doesn't ignore the fact that you did this in the first place, knowing that you'd be making easy money by selling something that really wasn't yours.[/QUOTE]
OK then I'm at fault. WHOO HOO. Happy?

BTW, I refunded Mooky's money.

O and enjoy.. http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/personal/wii/wiisportsinsert_final1.pdf

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']You should formally apologize to Mooky. You're coming off as a Pompous-arrogant bitch.[/QUOTE]
If Mooky wants me to, I'll do it. I'm a man about it. Theres no point in crying over spilled milk.

[quote name='iazybandit']I'm a man about it.[/QUOTE]

funniest post of the day...

cause getmeoutofjoliet is right, you're acting like a little bitch.

What an unfortunate turn of events.

Sir Juka, in light of such things, please allow me to contribute a small amount of cash into a paypal account that you own. It only seems fair, considering I have linked to your cover in my FAQ.

Feel free to PM me about this.

[quote name='DocRamon']funniest post of the day...

cause getmeoutofjoliet is right, you're acting like a little bitch.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA..a bitch that I said I'm wrong? Hmmm..I guess returning money, admitting that I was wrong and ending auction is not enough? Tough crowd.

But whatevers..keep acting the way you people do. Its amusing to me.

You're an asshole. If you can't understand why, then you're a double asshole.

Mooky rules the school. I for one am appreciative and respectful of his work.

[quote name='Scobie']You're an asshole. If you can't understand why, then you're a double asshole.

Mooky rules the school. I for one am appreciative and respectful of his work.[/QUOTE]
Geez people are so late in replies.

SIGH, whats the point of replying anymore? Obviously people dont even read what I say. I'm just going to get chewed at (which i deserve) but keep going.

I removed my mirrors of his cover as well, per MJ's request. It's such a shame when jerks have to ruin this. I never thought fellow CAGs would do something this low, but I guess that's life.

[quote name='Scobie']I wonder if iazybandit could be squeezed into the '06 CAG villain voting?[/quote]Write-ins allowed? ;)

Kind of sucks, cause I bought a blank case for it a while ago, and was looking for a good cover.

I guess it's ok though, cause the book doesn't really fit inside the case.

iazybandit..... you are a creampied asshole!!!

[quote name='drone8888']Kind of sucks, cause I bought a blank case for it a while ago, and was looking for a good cover.

I guess it's ok though, cause the book doesn't really fit inside the case.

iazybandit..... you are a creampied asshole!!![/QUOTE]
Yea yea yea..i heard it. Anymore?

And to think that I was going to send Mooky a Wii related item (and no, its not the insert) to show that I was sorry. But I probably guess that wouldnt be enough, cuz hell, I'll still be hated. But we'll see.

[quote name='daroga']Write-ins allowed? ;)[/QUOTE]

Unless there's a more villainous villain who I'm forgetting, I'll be pulling big for iazybandit.

[quote name='iazybandit']Yea yea yea..i heard it. Anymore?

And to think that I was going to send Mooky a Wii related item (and no, its not the insert) to show that I was sorry. But I probably guess that wouldnt be enough, cuz hell, I'll still be hated. But we'll see.[/quote]

Here's an idea if you're such a man...leave this site on your own accord and don't ever come back. Also, I'd suggest getting some type of job so that you don't have to stoop to the level of stealing other people's work and trying to profit off it.

[quote name='lawdood']Here's an idea if you're such a man...leave this site on your own accord and don't ever come back. Also, I'd suggest getting some type of job so that you don't have to stoop to the level of stealing other people's work and trying to profit off it.[/QUOTE]
This is probably the last reply I'll put into this thread as I said what I had to say. But no thanks and I already have a real job. Thanks though.

Done.

[quote name='iazybandit']This is probably the last reply I'll put into this thread as I said what I had to say. But no thanks and I already have a real job. Thanks though.

Done.[/QUOTE]

I guess your real job doesn't allow you to be a douchebag enough so you have to bring it here.

bread's done
Back