Moon DS $20 w/free 2-day shipping at GS

MicroDr

CAGiversary!
Just wanted to point out that GameStop has Moon for the DS this week for $20. That's the cheapest I've seen it.

[quote name='bmachine']The price of MOON for the Nintendo DS was recently dropped from $29.99 to $19.99 at GameStop.

The current Stopwatch Sale on gamestop.com includes a code (ORBIT) for free 2-day shipping.

The code expires @ 11am EST on Tuesday 2/17.

51CObv8GnqL._SS400_.jpg

You can read DesertEagle's review of MOON here at Tech-Gaming.com, where he had this to say about the game:

Oh, and this, too:

[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wii skiier']Huh. I didn't even know this was out. Thanks for the heads up - has anyone played this?[/QUOTE]

It's a decent shooter but from most reviews, and my initial impressions from previews is that it lacks the atmosphere and story of Dementium. Which is really what that game had going for it.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. Getting this later today. I had some fun with Dementium and wanted to give this a go. This is my kinda price (although cheaper can be better).

Man this dropped quick, it was worth it when it was $30, graphically this game is amazing, the levels look somewhat similar but the game is really really good. Probably one of my favorite DS shooters (there are not that many of them). Definitely pick this one up for $20

I am personally stuck on this tower boss. It shoots a lot.

I got the game at launch with the preorder game slip case and telescoping stylus. The game reminds me of Metroid (the main levels), Halo (the vehicle sections), and Half-Life 1 (story). So for a DS game it's quite good and surpasses Dementium's fun factor.

Thanks, OP: I planned to pick this up soon, and this sealed the deal; went to the local GS, picked up the last copy, loving it so far.

Nice price, that was a fast drop. I'll probably pick it up this weekend, especially if I can find a complete used copy.

Honestly, I think it's priced right at $20. Sure, the graphics were good, particularly given what it was working with, but it really wasn't very inventive.

It looks interesting and I considered it at this price, but I have a feeling that this is the type of game that could drop to $10-15 fairly soon.

IT is confirmed by the people who made the game that this price drop will only last ONE WEEK. Just to let you guys know. It was on gonintendo.com

After playing a bit of this game (I'm about an hour in), I have to say that it was totally worth the $20.

[quote name='ihadFG']Just picked up a mint/complete used copy for about $16 after edge and before tax.[/QUOTE]

as did i.

Picked it up via price match at Best Buy. Looked like they were not going to match as Gamestop is not an official Best Buy competitor according to them, until I gave them the "oh no you don't want me to make a scene eyebrow", then a manager came over and overrode it.

Hey Best Buy just because Circuit City is dead doesn't mean you can fuck me over

The price of MOON for the Nintendo DS was recently dropped from $29.99 to $19.99 at GameStop.

The current Stopwatch Sale on gamestop.com includes a code (ORBIT) for free 2-day shipping.

The code expires @ 11am EST on Tuesday 2/17.

51CObv8GnqL._SS400_.jpg

You can read DesertEagle's review of MOON here at Tech-Gaming.com, where he had this to say about the game:

Graphically, the game offers an exemplary 3D engine that is locked at 60 fps. Occasionally, when moving down a corridor, the speed of the game distracted us from the limited graphical resolution of the DS. Small elements, like pulsating corridors and a backdrop filled with stars added greatly to Moon’s presentation. Pulsating electronic music reminiscent of early John Carpenter soundtracks, helps set an appropriate mood.

Oh, and this, too:

Thanks to its fantastic engine, Moon offers one of the best looking FPS experiences found on the DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you order from Gamestop, is it guaranteed to be sealed? I want this, but the Gamestops nearby gutted it. I don't want any gutted, sticky, repackaged crap.

Get it, people; it's amazing, and if you can't find it at stores, bite now and get free 2-day shipping.

Moon will be available for $20 at GameStop this week only, so act quick! Neat story, solid and smooth gameplay, and fantastic visuals; pure awesomeness.

[quote name='Gamelore']When you order from Gamestop, is it guaranteed to be sealed? I want this, but the Gamestops nearby gutted it. I don't want any gutted, sticky, repackaged crap.[/quote]

I haven't ordered a lot of games from gamestop.com but I'm pretty sure all of their new stuff comes sealed and 100% un-fucked-with.

[quote name='gamernut']Thats heck of a deal, wonder if gamestop would have it locally or sold out?
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

Check the product locator on their website.

[quote name='Gamelore']When you order from Gamestop, is it guaranteed to be sealed? I want this, but the Gamestops nearby gutted it. I don't want any gutted, sticky, repackaged crap.[/QUOTE]

Yea they don't do anything to the games that come from their website because they just sit in their warehouse and there's no treacherous thieving customers like us to steal them.

Damn, wish they would've done this last week. I bought it at Gamestop on Saturday for $20, but had to get an opened new copy. Would've been nice to get an actual new copy. Oh, well.

Cool game and pretty nice graphics.

I think I'm ordering online now that there is a free shipping code. I don't want to deal with the gutted copy bullshit which has happened the last few times I went to my local GS to pick up games.

Does this require touch screen controls? I heard it played something like Metroid (the real Metroid hopefully, and not Prime 3/Hunters), but I don't like touch controls.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does this require touch screen controls?[/quote]

Yes, the control scheme is like Metroid: Hunters.

-HM

bread's done
Back