Moore resigns

Very well timed, I have to say. If there's any time that's good to leave MS, it's now. Not that they'll fail, but the whole RRoD/$1bil write off surely threw the Xbox team into a loop(despite that they had to do it.) It's probably hell to work there right about now and for the next few months (or years...they could be fine on the outside, but be continually haunted by broken systems for the next 5 years or more...)
Not to mention they are ripe for a huge fucking lawsuit... :lol:

anyway, I see a major conflict of interests ala Cheney/Haliburton/Iraq contracts.
His first decision as president of EA sports will be to steal teh PS3's frames-per-second!!!

[quote name='hertzy']Do you guys think he might be bailing out of a sinking ship? I get the feeling that if Microsoft doesn't have a huge Christmas this year, we may see the last of gaming consoles out of Microsoft. I mean they had a year head start on the other two systems and the Wii is right there with them as far as sales go. Also the billion dollar 360 protection plan and once PS3 hits their stride in 2008, it seems to me there might be some truth to that. Hasn't he seen it before with Sega and their final console?[/QUOTE]

not a huge christmas? Halo 3 makes christmas-- the largest sales will be from it and GTA.

anyway, they aren't a sinking ship, they've been submerged since the beginning--this is just MS' way of crowbarring the game industry-- gates will toss money at it until it somehow becomes profitable or forever keep it as a Trojan horse for other products.

[quote name='Chacrana']Now he must really be wondering why the hell he got those stupid tatoos. Well, either way I never liked Peter Moore all that much... though given that the new guy was the EA President at one point, I fear for MS' games division now.[/QUOTE]

same here... moore always he could be an ass if he wanted to but decided not to be. I'm more of a phill harrison type of guy. I can't resist the huge ears and rubber ducky stuff.

Moore once again is a rich bastard:

[quote name='EA/Kotaku']

Following the press release announcement that current Xbox 360 VP Peter Moore would be jumping ship from Microsoft to head up the EA Sports division came details on Moore's new salary. An SEC Form 8-K filing detailing Peter's compensation reveals that his new base salary at EA will be $550,000 not including a "discretionary target bonus" of 75% of his annual base salary, up to $412,500. In other words, he's rich, bitch. But that's not all.

In addition to his base pay, Moore will also receive a signing bonus of $1.5 million if he remains with EA for two years. However, that bonus will be paid out within 30 days of his employment, to be repaid if Moore moves on from the company before his two year anniversary.

Moore will also receive a stock grant of 50,000 restricted shares, half of which vest at two years into his EA employment with the other half vesting at the four year mark. At the current after hours value of EA stock, his shares would value $4.26 million, a figure sure to change before 2009. He's also been given a stock option grant to purchase 350,000 shares as part of the company's Equity Incentive Plan.

On top of all that Moore moolah, the former Sega Dreamcast exec will be granted $330,000 in moving expenses. Looks like Peter can finally afford that laser tattoo removal![/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Moore once again is a rich bastard:[/quote]

Holly shit! I didn't think that they make that much money. Even moving expenses would cover a good house or atleast a great chunk to cover a more expesive house. Damn!

[quote name='mykevermin']Not a fucking chance EA goes platform exclusive. This is *EA* we're talking about. They put out roughly 5 N-Gage games, for Christ's sake![/quote]

hey! enough with that gage nocking....ncaa on ngage ruled!

[quote name='mykevermin']Nope. MS hasn't seen a dollar of profit off of Xbox ever. It won't start anytime soon, ether, but that isn't MS' ultimate goal - getting a foothold in every aspect of your technological life is more important in the long run. Would they like to make money? Of course; they have the advantage of having cash reserves the like of which you'll never see in your life, however. They can last the long haul.[/QUOTE]
that was the goal of the original Xbox. But MS was disappointed because they wanted to fight with sony for 1st place and not nintendo for second. They expected to make money with Xbox 360. MS already closed MS sports and sold off Oddworld and Psychonauts. This doesnt mean MS will leave the video games market but they wont be throwing money like the xbox 1 days.

I dont think he is quiting.

I think hes just on the TV Show "Switch". Where he has to spend 30 days in Matts Shoes and Matt has to live in Moores shoes!

CRAZY!

This is huge news. I have never liked this guy. He ruined Sega, and he was a real sore spot for me while he was with M$. I almost exclusively think that my disdain for the 360 and my many red rings fall on his shoulders. And now, he goes to EA. This is just perfect. My hate continues to build for him. And I was just thinking that EA had an incredible E3...and thinking of all the EA games I was going to buy. Literally everything but Madden. I wonder how he is going to sell EA games to the PS3. I can't wait to hear this spin.

Why does this seem like deja vu? For some reason I'm thinking there was a rumor months ago about Moore possibly leaving.

I wish I made his money.

I've never really liked Moore that much so I'm kind of glad he's leaving. Hopefully the new guy will be better then him (aka more Reggie like ;)).
If you watch the Kotaku E3 interviews with him he does look like he's just phoning in, but I figured that was because he had been so busy at E3 that he was really tired.

Not that happy with this news. Moore seemed like he was doing good at MS, and he was the only one from MS at the E3 conference who didn't come off as an idiot.

I respect Moore for what he is doing; going where the money talks. Your telling me that you wouldn't do the same as him? If the Red Sox threw enough money at A-Rod he would do the same thing. Don't kid yourselves.

[quote name='hertzy']Do you guys think he might be bailing out of a sinking ship? I get the feeling that if Microsoft doesn't have a huge Christmas this year, we may see the last of gaming consoles out of Microsoft. I mean they had a year head start on the other two systems and the Wii is right there with them as far as sales go. Also the billion dollar 360 protection plan and once PS3 hits their stride in 2008, it seems to me there might be some truth to that. Hasn't he seen it before with Sega and their final console?[/quote]

nah, I think EA gave him a huge ass salary that he couldn't turn down.

Peter Moore resigns? Time to go back to the '07 Predictions thread and edit my post quietly so no one notices...

Edit: Must remember to use my inside voice when being devious...

He clearly was too embarassed by that sorry-ass group he played with on stage at E3 showing Rock Band to go back to MS. ;)

[quote name='lurknomore']This is huge news. I have never liked this guy. He ruined Sega, and he was a real sore spot for me while he was with M$. I almost exclusively think that my disdain for the 360 and my many red rings fall on his shoulders. And now, he goes to EA. This is just perfect. My hate continues to build for him. And I was just thinking that EA had an incredible E3...and thinking of all the EA games I was going to buy. Literally everything but Madden. I wonder how he is going to sell EA games to the PS3. I can't wait to hear this spin.[/quote]

He is only heading up EA Sports, not all of EA.

[quote name='keithp']He clearly was too embarassed by that sorry-ass group he played with on stage at E3 showing Rock Band to go back to MS. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think there's something interesting underlying this, at least. It reminded me that while Rock Band was featured prominently at MS' E3 keynote, the words "Guitar Hero III" got nothing. Additionally, NCAA 08 and Madden 08 were given some prominence (to be fair, though, there was ample time given to non-EA properties as well - CoD4, for example).

Hmmmmm.

bread's done
Back