More BB Love: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) $7.99

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's like Best Buy is giving Amazon the middle finger and saying "price match this, bitch!"[/QUOTE]

LOL. Pretty much.

yea i grabbed this a sly collection. They gotta stop! I mean i love the deals but good lord ive bought so many games since 2 days before black friday that I dont even see how ill have any time to play all of them! I mean we had random RPG collections for like $12-15, $60 games on sale for $20 and $30, ridiculous! I am afraid of Amazon if they backlash and do the same craziness that BB has done in the last 3 days

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']yea i grabbed this a sly collection. They gotta stop! I mean i love the deals but good lord ive bought so many games since 2 days before black friday that I dont even see how ill have any time to play all of them! I mean we had random RPG collections for like $12-15, $60 games on sale for $20 and $30, ridiculous! I am afraid of Amazon if they backlash and do the same craziness that BB has done in the last 3 days[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the Sly Collection. Been waiting to get this for a while now. Must have overlooked that its only $11.99. Sweet!

hell yea only $11.99! lol I also got FF Dissidia on PSP last night for $9.50 and Saints Row 3 for $30 (plus i had $10 rewards coupon). Got Duodecim at BB for $10 a few weeks back but realized i never had the first one. I've bought so many RPGs at like 30-50% off in the last week its ridiculous

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']hell yea only $11.99! lol I also got FF Dissidia on PSP last night for $9.50 and Saints Row 3 for $30 (plus i had $10 rewards coupon). Got Duodecim at BB for $10 a few weeks back but realized i never had the first one. I've bought so many RPGs at like 30-50% off in the last week its ridiculous[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can unlock the first Dissidia in Duodecim.

[quote name='sneezebu']I'm pretty sure you can unlock the first Dissidia in Duodecim.[/QUOTE]

I think so as well.

In.

lol really? thats weird. Well I am a game collector anyway (just hit over 2300 games and counting) so I wanted both anyhow. but thats good to know regardless. I own almost every single FF game there is to own so I had to get it. lol

Odd they'd put the first dissidia in the 2nd one but whatever. Be a while before i get around to playing either one anyway thanks to amazon and best buy battling it out for "deals of the century" supremacy

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's like Best Buy is giving people who brought Kindle gift card middle finger and saying "get this on amazon, bitch!"[/QUOTE]

fixed

Best Buy has lowered their prices to drum up business. Their sales are up, but profits are down.

Their stock fell 19% yesterday.

It's actually the reverse. Amazon is giving BB the finger by saying "We don't have to beat your prices and still make money".

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It's like Best Buy is giving Amazon the middle finger and saying "price match this, bitch!"[/QUOTE]

Actually, see, the thing is, the majority of Best Buy's customer base shops through their B&M locations, all of which have to deal with limited shelf space; in other words, unless Best Buy wants to throw a bunch of stuff into landfills to make room for new products, they have clear the old stuff out using hard-to-ignore prices that result in them losing money. Meanwhile, Amazon just stores stuff in warehouses, so clearnace sales aren't nearly as necessary.

Regardless, CAG's win, so who cares if Best Buy is taking a hit.

[quote name='CritcalJ']Best Buy has lowered their prices to drum up business. Their sales are up, but profits are down.

Their stock fell 19% yesterday.

It's actually the reverse. Amazon is giving BB the finger by saying "We don't have to beat your prices and still make money".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sense that all these great deals are amazing in short term, but that Best Buy might not be around in several years if things continue this way. It is like getting bargains at a place going out of business.

Big kingdom hearts fan here ! While the game was solid this game wasn't even nessisary for the series. Honestly you are better off just watching the cut scenes and you are good. They easily could have explained the story of this game in kingdom hearts 2.

[quote name='ck76']Yeah, sense that all these great deals are amazing in short term, but that Best Buy might not be around in several years if things continue this way. It is like getting bargains at a place going out of business.[/QUOTE]

You do know they sell more than video games right ? Not to mention they get 100% of the money made on used games they sell so that recoups money they may loose on some of these sales :)

[quote name='JJTalbott']:applause:[/QUOTE]

If the game is preowned and the price is right then I"ll buy it. This game has been like $15 new from Newegg and Walmart before so $8 new would have been a good deal but I would have not opened the link had it been titled correctly.

Great price for a good KH game. Not the best in the series, but it's fun and actually does something for the story unlike that POS Coded game on DS.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Great price for a good KH game. Not the best in the series, but it's fun and actually does something for the story unlike that POS Coded game on DS.[/QUOTE]

I remember I got this at toys r us when they had the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal last year. I got this game and redsident evil UC and added like a $5 filler.
I still havent open it yet.

My question is, is this a good game with a good story? I never played ANY KINGDOM HEARTS and was thinking of picking it up on the PS2 console.

I heard of coded, but was it that bad?

[quote name='The Punisher']I remember I got this at toys r us when they had the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal last year. I got this game and redsident evil UC and added like a $5 filler.
I still havent open it yet.

My question is, is this a good game with a good story? I never played ANY KINGDOM HEARTS and was thinking of picking it up on the PS2 console.

I heard of coded, but was it that bad?[/QUOTE]

This is a fun game with a good story, but I wouldn't start with it. Without the context of the rest of the series, you won't be able to fully appreciate it. I would start with either KH1 or Birth by Sleep on PSP (prequel).

The problem with Coded was that it was a port of a mobile game, and the story and setting is just completely nonsensical. Because of the setting too, it led to some of the laziest enemy and world design I've seem in a game. What extremely little the ending of the game does for the overall storyline is not worth playing through this drudgery, and can be summed up in a wiki paragraph.

I'm one of the few left it seems that still loves KH, even the ”spin-off” titles, but do yourself a favor and just stay away from Coded. 358/2 on the other hand, is a solid game with just a terrible title.

[quote name='stoned99']Man I hate it when old threads get bumped !!

Somebody lock this.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Still $7.99, but just not available for shipping. Still a good price.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Nice price. This is a pretty weak Kingdom Hearts game, but it's hard to complain that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yep

This game is a lot of fun, and a steal for $8. It's mission-based, so it's easy to pick-up and play at any time. Although, the story can be a little confusing if it's been a while since you've played a KH game.

bread's done
Back