More Game Informer Stupidness in the Name of $ales

Duck in a Pond

CAGiversary!
I was paging through the reviews section of Game Informer and I couldn't help notice something strange.

It says that the Platnium status is for games with OVER a 9.5. Yet Halo Reach got a 9.5 and Platinum status. Also, StarCraft II got a 10/10, but Halo Reach got the game of the month.

Now is it that Game Informer doesn't understand their own rules, or is it that they wanted to squeeze out some sales for GameStop by slapping meaningless rewards all over the Reach review page?

YOUR NOT FOOLING US GAMESTOP. IF YOUR BORKING REVIEWS BECAUSE YOU THINK WE HAVE PEA SIZED BRAINS AND WE'RE GOING TO BUY SHIT CUZ YOU SAY SO, THINK AGAIN.

I agree its absolutely ridiculous how that seems to work in game informer and i know for a fact that they are only around so gamestop has a way to sell games to pepole who read it

MY BRAIN IS NOT PEA SIZED ADN I WONT BUY ANYTHING

[quote name='Duck in a Pond']
YOUR NOT FOOLING US GAMESTOP. IF YOUR BORKING REVIEWS BECAUSE YOU THINK WE HAVE PEA SIZED BRAINS AND WE'RE GOING TO BUY SHIT CUZ YOU SAY SO, THINK AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

Do you think enough people think for themselves enough to rationalize reviews from several outlets before blindly purchasing games?

Pssst.. the answer is no.

They know what they're doing, and they're damn good at it.

Wouldn't a review score be given by 1 person, but Game of the Month be determined by the entire staff? So 1 person thought Starcraft was 10/10worthy, but the staff as a whole decided Halo was the best. Keep complaining though.

I was flipping through that issue on the can, and I'm pretty sure they both had that little badge that had "game of the month" on it. Really, though, why does this matter? Why do you care which games gets this fake award?

[quote name='seanr1221']starcraft got pc game of the month, pea-brain.[/quote]

you"re not foolin anyone seanr!@@! They"re just trying to trick us into buying teh halos !!!!!!11!!!!

Yeah I was gonna say, don't they tend to split them up between Console/PC/Handheld?

If you ask me GI has only gotten better as far as their whoring goes, gone are the days of cover stories for Dead to Rights 2

[quote name='chakan']Brownjohn was using the magazine appropriately.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. If Brownjohn was using the magazine appropriately, he would've been using it as toilet paper and not as reading material while on the crapper.

Although that honor should be reserved for the @Gamer magazine that Best Buy is publishing now. For how bad many people think GI is now, @Gamer is about ten times worse.

From just the free copy of the first issue I received I can tell you that every 'review' kissed the developers' asses so much that the review team should've checked for polyps while they were up there.

Most likely the PC reviewer absolutely loved StarCraft II, but was the only person in the office playing it. Things like game of the month/GOTY require a majority vote of the staff.

Wait, did I just defend Game Informer?

[quote name='Bazylik']Unless you stole the mag, the question should be: Why are you buying this magazine pea sized brainiac?[/QUOTE]

It comes when you sign up for an Edge card in-store at GameStop.

bread's done
Back