More Markdowns at Sam Goody

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sorry if a repost, I couldn't find anything by searching.
Today at Sam Goody, in addition to the $8.99 games, I found some $9.88 games. Of significant interest was Fatal Frame for Xbox. I got the last copy they had. I'm pretty sure it's still at least $29.99 everywhere else. Also I saw and bought the last copy of Galleon for Xbox. I don't know how good it is, but I'm helping out the Atlus fanboys. They have others, but I don't remember what they are.

Thanks to Toys R Us and Sam Goody, I'm busted. I did finally get Fatal Frame 1 and 2 for Xbox for $20 total, and 6 or 7 other good games at $9 and $10 bucks each, so I think it's money well spent.

Nope. Like I said, I know Fatal Frame will be a big draw for many. Galleon, made by Atlus, will appeal to some. Other than that, I don't remember because they were mixed in with the $8.99 games.

Checked the prices on XBox Fatal Frame at my local Sam Goody, and it wrang up at $29.99.

Looks like a YMMV deal, unfortunately.

Which did you check? Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly was $29.99 at this one, but the original one was $9.88. YMMV is possible, but Ithought their markdowns were chain-wide.

Stopped in today at the Sam Goody in Northeast Mall (DFW) and saw alot of titles marked 8.99 and also a clearence rack of games most of which were 9.88. I picked up Chaos Legion for 4.88, but I think it was the last copy. Also they had a few Everquest PS2 for 1.88.

[quote name='ragtop70']Which did you check? Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly was $29.99 at this one, but the original one was $9.88. YMMV is possible, but Ithought their markdowns were chain-wide.[/QUOTE]

The original Fatal Frame, part one, for XBox.

The Sam Goody in Horton Plaza in San Diego had a bunch of B-list titles left for $9.98 and some were even marked down to $4.98. Pretty much all the best games are gone, but if you're in the area and want any of these for $9.98, they had multiple copies of almost all of them left. Best one still there is probably PSO III for NGC.

I just cut and paste from the old Sam Goody list and left all the titles I saw there for sure. No way I'd type all that up myself!

PS2
---------
Astro Boy
Auto Modelista
Backyard Wrestling $4.98
Bard's Tale
Beyond Good & Evil
Crouching Tiger $4.98
Driv3R
Freedom Fighters
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Haunted Mansion
Max Payne 2
MTV Music Generator 3
NFL2K2
Project Snowblind
Robotech Invasion
Rocky Legends
Saturday Night Speedway
Scaler
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights
Shark Tale
Tony Hawk Underground

XBOX
-----------
Cold Fear
Constantine
Driv3r
Fight Club
Freedom Fighters
Full Spectrum Warrior
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Mafia
Magic Battlegrounds $4.98
Project Snowblind
Psi Ops
Pure Pinball: American Pinball Reborn $4.98
Silent Hill 2
Stolen

Gamecube
--------------
F-Zero GX
Lemony Snicket
Phantasy Star Online III
Pitfall
PN03
Pokemon Channel
Rogue Ops
Shark Tale

Thanks OP. Here's what I got.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PS2) $1.88
NHL 2004 (XB) $1.88
Arx Fatalis $9.88
Hobbit/Morrorwind 2-pack $9.88
Syberia/Pirates of the Caribbean 2-pack $9.88

I also remember seeing:

Dead to Rights (XB) $4.88
Breakdown $4.88
The Guy Game $4.88
Freestyle Metal X $4.88

There was more but I can't remember, but it wasn't anything too spectacular.

Sam Goody is the same name for Suncoast isnt it? Or am i geting it mixed up....

Anyways Hobbit/Morrorwind 2-pack $9.88 and a few other games are looking rather interesting to me...

[quote name='abhinav']Sam Goody is the same name for Suncoast isnt it? Or am i geting it mixed up....[/QUOTE]

it's possible they're corporately affiliated, but no, they're not the same. suncoast is all movies and related crap. sam goody started as a music chain I believe, but now also has dvds, games, and the related crap. (crap = apparel, figurines, sheet music, whatever other entertainment-related stuff they can think of)

[quote name='abhinav']Sam Goody is the same name for Suncoast isnt it? Or am i geting it mixed up....

Anyways Hobbit/Morrorwind 2-pack $9.88 and a few other games are looking rather interesting to me...[/QUOTE]

Along with MediaPlay, all three are part of the same company, but Suncoast normally doesn't carry games. MediaPlay does though.

Yeah never mind, there is a Sam Goody in my area, i was just confused... Thanks for the deal OP, anyone know how long this is gonna last?

The one in Broadway mall on Long Island had both Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame 2 on Xbox under the $8.99 sale. Have yet to pick it up, but it's a slow mall where no games ever get sold there. ^_^

Went back to SG again. The stock is getting really low on markdowns. Most 8.99 games are gone except Xbox Dead to Rights 2 and Gamecube Viewtiful Joe 2. I don't remember any 9.88 games being left, but I saw a few at 4.88. I got PS2 Space Channel 5 Special Edition and Xbox NASCAR Thunder 2004 at 4.88 each. I also saw Serious Sam (PS2 I think) for 4.88 and Italian Job PS2 I think at 4.88, but possibly at 9.88.

Didn't find too much at my Sam goody over the weekend, but I did find Viewtiful Joe 2 for PS2 for only 4.88. Wasn't really looking for it, but at that price I just had to pick it up...

Silent Hill 3 is only $1.88, if you can find it. That's one of the few standout deals I saw when I tagged the clearance items (I worked seasonal at Sam Goody). I hadn't visited CAG for a while or else I would've made more of a note on which games dropped.

I was able to pick up PN03 for $2. It was marked as $5, but it was the last one in stock and was open so they gave it to me for $2.

I called a couple Sam Goodys but they didn't seem to have any decent clearance games.

If anyone can pick up an extra Guy Game for $5, I'll pay $15 Paypal for it.

[quote name='Rictor']I called a couple Sam Goodys but they didn't seem to have any decent clearance games.

If anyone can pick up an extra Guy Game for $5, I'll pay $15 Paypal for it.[/QUOTE]

pervert :p

I went to both the Anderson and Muncie Sam Goody. The same games that were there for the $8.99 sale were still there. Mario Tennis was on the rack but it was still $49.99.

My local store had Conflict Desert Storm II for $4.88 and I passed on it earlier this week. I went back today to pick it up and found .Hack Part 4 for $4.88 instead.

I went to the Glenbrook Mall, in Fort Wayne, IN today, and that Sam Goody closed down. I don't know when it happened, since it was open on Sunday.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']The one in Broadway mall on Long Island had both Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame 2 on Xbox under the $8.99 sale. Have yet to pick it up, but it's a slow mall where no games ever get sold there. ^_^[/QUOTE]
this mall is terrible and is nothing compared to what it used to be like when it first opened up. but it's true, it's definitely slow moving so it's not that bad a place to check out as a last resort effort.

and i saw Kya (PS2) marked as $1.88 at the Sam Goody in Roosevelt Field Mall in L.I.

I picked up Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter today for $8.99, last copy (still sealed).

Thanks for posting the sale, now I have all five BoF games.

i picked up pn03 and atv2 for 4.88 each for the gamecube and the hobbitt for the gba for 1.88 they had lots of xbox games and ps2 games but i dont have either sorry.

I went to one in chillicothe OH yesterday and didn't see much (I am Nintendo only at the moment so I can only comment on the GC and GBA selection). Picked up Billy hatcher and the Giant Egg for 9.88. That was the only one I was interested in.

They had plenty of two pack dragon ball z and yu-yu something ruther gba with a special cd that was the size of a gamecube disk...Sorry, Im not really into that but it was 9.88 which seemed like a good deal. Also, all the board game GBA games were 9.88...you know like the two in one and three in one battleship and all that.

[quote name='ragtop70']Nope. Like I said, I know Fatal Frame will be a big draw for many. Galleon, made by Atlus, will appeal to some. Other than that, I don't remember because they were mixed in with the $8.99 games.[/QUOTE]

Galleon was NOT made by Atlus, they just published it. Confounding Factor (which is led by Tomb Raider creator Toby Gard) developed it. I really dont quite understand why people will buy a game just becasue its published by Atlus. You should buy a game based on its gameplay, NOT its publisher. (even if the Atlus logo looks cool).

[quote name='Rozz']I really dont quite understand why people will buy a game just becasue its published by Atlus. You should buy a game based on its gameplay, NOT its publisher. (even if the Atlus logo looks cool).[/QUOTE]
what's there not to understand? Atlus is known for bringing out some pretty good (overlooked, underappreciated, and i guess "rare") games on a nearly consistant basis. if people know that, then of course they'll pick up other games that they publish. it's the same with every company out there. some games sell based on its gameplay, some sell based on the developer. others will sell because of who's bringing it out or even because of name recognition. why you fail to grasp that is beyond anyone because it's not that hard to figure out.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']what's there not to understand? Atlus is known for bringing out some pretty good (overlooked, underappreciated, and i guess "rare") games on a nearly consistant basis. if people know that, then of course they'll pick up other games that they publish. it's the same with every company out there. some games sell based on its gameplay, some sell based on the developer. others will sell because of who's bringing it out or even because of name recognition. why you fail to grasp that is beyond anyone because it's not that hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]

I dont "fail to grasp" anything you asshole. I know many people who post on these forums who just want to buy Atlus games even if its not for playing them. As for Galleon, I hear in terms of gameplay mechanics and such its like playing Tomb Raider III.

Now go have fun playing Go! Go! Hypergrind.

Just wanted to let you know that this thing is still going on....I picked up P.N. 03 and Madden 05 for $5 each (Gamecube) yesterday.

The guy at the counter said he just pulled a bunch of xbox and ps2 games to price at 4.88 and 1.88 each. I asked if he had a list and he said he didn't-----LIAR. Oh well, I dont have a xbox or a ps2 so I don't really know what they had. The next time I go in I will hound the manager and see if they have a markdown list. So if you have a Sam Goody around they might be pulling stuff and marking the price late in the game like mine.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']this mall is terrible and is nothing compared to what it used to be like when it first opened up. but it's true, it's definitely slow moving so it's not that bad a place to check out as a last resort effort.

and i saw Kya (PS2) marked as $1.88 at the Sam Goody in Roosevelt Field Mall in L.I.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right. It used to be a fantastic place with some amazing stores. Remember when the old food court was renovated into the massive arcade? Those were some good times. The gourmet food store right by there (there was another one in Smithhaven for years) was amazing as well.

Nowadays it's a horrible place to go. The Target offers nothing of interest, the EB there has been doing poorly in the region for well over a year, I think (last I heard they were really PO'ed at how poorly they're doing), the Babbages hasn't had anything decent for around a year and a half and doesn't have any decent stock (the GameStop in Delco Plaza is usually better anyway)...all they have is the movie theater and, even then, it's pretty poor.

Anyway, rja100, pick me up some of that Fatal Frame goodness the next time you're there. I'll pay you back when I get home, unless you want me to cut you a check and all. And if you don't know who I am you're out of the family! Just look at the avatar for a hint. Doesn't it just scream "Iron Gamer" to you?

[quote name='Rozz']I dont "fail to grasp" anything you asshole. I know many people who post on these forums who just want to buy Atlus games even if its not for playing them. As for Galleon, I hear in terms of gameplay mechanics and such its like playing Tomb Raider III.

Now go have fun playing Go! Go! Hypergrind.[/QUOTE]

Awww.... you got your feelings hurt

bread's done
Back