More PS3 Slim issues for me! Help please!

Thorgouge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So among the pain in the ass issues I've been having with this thing since I got it, a brand new problem has popped up.

About three days ago, I've been able to play my PS3 on the LG LCD hdtv in my room without any problems since I bought it last August. Suddenly, when I turn it on, the screen informs me that its invalid format and refuses to show the picture. The sound, however, works completely fine and I hear the clicks of navigating the menu. I tried using both HDMI slots as well as using composite cables and the issue doesn't change. The PS3 does work on other HDTVs in the house without any problems.

Sure, this sounds like it could be an issue with this particular TV instead of the PS3, but I'd like to get some input from you guys before I start dealing with Hodgie over the phone.

Update: I just set on another tv to auto-start a disc and now when I pop in a disc in here, it goes from the invalid format message to no signal to showing the game like there was no problem at all. It seems that only the PS menu won't show up properly on this TV. Wtf?

It sounds more like an HDMI sync issue more than anything else. I get it once in a while on my Philips set. I never get it if I go out with component cables.

bread's done
Back