More than half a years worth of pawn shop findings!

Acrylic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Alright, it was probably about 8 months ago that I started going to pawn shops. Maybe I'm off a month or two. Anyways, check out the pics.

AUT_1866.jpg

AUT_1865.jpg

AUT_1864.jpg

I felt like compiling all these times worth of findings in one thread. I left out two games: Metroid Prime (w/ echoes bonus disc) and Animal crossing. Not to mention, I also found a Sony PS2 mem card inside my DMC2, a GC 59 card inside my Animal Crossing, and a GC 251 card inside my LOZ:Collectors Edition.

Overall, for this whole thing of findings over the past few months, I paid ~$155. (+ tax, of course)

Good price overall? Ripoff? Just about right?

Replys are appreciated! :)

[quote name='Acrylic']Alright, it was probably about 8 months ago that I started going to pawn shops. Maybe I'm off a month or two. Anyways, check out the pics.

AUT_1866.jpg

AUT_1865.jpg

AUT_1864.jpg

I felt like compiling all these times worth of findings in one thread. I left out two games: Metroid Prime (w/ echoes bonus disc) and Animal crossing. Not to mention, I also found a Sony PS2 mem card inside my DMC2, a GC 59 card inside my Animal Crossing, and a GC 251 card inside my LOZ:Collectors Edition.

Overall, for this whole thing of findings over the past few months, I paid ~$155. (+ tax, of course)

Good price overall? Ripoff? Just about right?

Replys are appreciated! :)[/QUOTE]

The only thing i can tell you, is if the price is good enough for you to spend the money, then the price was good enough.

I'd say you've probably got close to $250 - $300 worth of games there for about half the price. One thing - if you paid that much overall "plus tax", it sounds like you should be doing more bartering with these pawn shops. It is very rare that I encounter a pawn shop who won't come off the price of anything in their stores.

Ex: I once got a Turbo Grafx at a store marked down to $40 from its original price - I don't remember how much it was originally, but it was ridiculous. Anyway, I asked the guy if he could come off it anymore and he said he was so sick of looking at it that he'd let me have it for $10! Always make the pawn shops give you a deal!

Forgot to mention. Yes, overall you did pretty good. Not quite astonishing, but I'd say a firm pat on the back is in order.

Well both Zelda's & Disgaea average about 110 combined and the memory cards add another 20-30, plus ZOE 2 is apparently rare now, some of the games are meh imo, but overall it was a nice haul...:)

[quote name='chosen1s']I'd say you've probably got close to $250 - $300 worth of games there for about half the price. One thing - if you paid that much overall "plus tax", it sounds like you should be doing more bartering with these pawn shops. It is very rare that I encounter a pawn shop who won't come off the price of anything in their stores. [/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I saw Guilty Gear X2 there like 4 months ago for $30. It's still there. I should talk them into lowering the prices a little bit more. Most I ever spent on a single game there was $20. Usually the games are around $8-$10, sometimes less, like MGS being $5, AC being $5, Legend of Dragoon being ~$3, etc.

Man, I saw a Shadow of Rome at a pawn on Friday, for 9.99. Proceeded to pay w/ my credit card only to be told the machine was broken. I told the guy to hold it for me till after 5, (being that I was there on my lunch hour,) and when I come back, nothing, the game had been sold. Effing pawns.

Good deals. Pawn shops can be the best or the worst stores in the world depending on the employees.

[quote name='Acrylic']That's a good idea. I saw Guilty Gear X2 there like 4 months ago for $30. It's still there. I should talk them into lowering the prices a little bit more. Most I ever spent on a single game there was $20. Usually the games are around $8-$10, sometimes less, like MGS being $5, AC being $5, Legend of Dragoon being ~$3, etc.[/QUOTE]

Get the XB version it's $20 new and superior to the PS2's...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Get the XB version it's $20 new and superior to the PS2's...[/QUOTE]

I have no idea where to find that. I never seen it in the stores or anything. *shrugs*?

Sorry for the double post, but I was bored, so I decided to go on Gamestop.com, and find the prices of these games pre-owned if I was to order them from them.

They would total out to $317.

Also, I checked the preowned prices of the memory cards from them.

That was $36.

So, total, if I was to order these from Gamestop.com, it would be $353.

(Minus FFXI, I just put the price I paid for it. Also, one of my Zelda: OoT discs was disc only, so I took $10 off.)

[quote name='Technique']Nice deals. I've been trying to get to a pawn shop to see if they have any video game deals like this.[/QUOTE]

Pawn America could usually be your best bet. They randomly mark prices. Like, Disgaea was $10, while Ikaruga was $35, and some crappy Tarzan game is $40. It's all luck.

Sometimes, you can get lucky at those pawn shops that have a set price, like $10 for any next gen game. If it's one of those games that you'd usually get for $40 or $50 used, it may be a good idea to get in on that.

Like I said before, it's all luck! (And a little bit of patience too ;) )

[quote name='chosen1s']I'd say you've probably got close to $250 - $300 worth of games there for about half the price. One thing - if you paid that much overall "plus tax", it sounds like you should be doing more bartering with these pawn shops. It is very rare that I encounter a pawn shop who won't come off the price of anything in their stores.

Ex: I once got a Turbo Grafx at a store marked down to $40 from its original price - I don't remember how much it was originally, but it was ridiculous. Anyway, I asked the guy if he could come off it anymore and he said he was so sick of looking at it that he'd let me have it for $10! Always make the pawn shops give you a deal![/QUOTE]

you wouldn't happen to be based around price (or Eastern Utah) would you?

bread's done
Back