Moribito Complete Collection $29.96 at Wal-Mart

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!
Since I was really tempted to get the singles for this show, and didn't feel like keeping up with [adult swim]'s wonky schedule, I immediately grabbed this. However...

WARNING: When I opened it up, I found the weirdest DVD packaging I have ever seen... all 8 of the discs are literally STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!
It almost looks like one of those spindles of blank CDs. If you decide to get this you may want to invest in some better cases, to avoid scratching the DVDs.

Here are some pics:
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww74/IndecisiveRattle/0119001507a.jpg
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww74/IndecisiveRattle/0119001507.jpg
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww74/IndecisiveRattle/0119001509.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an awesome price for an awesome show, in a not-awesome package.

I don't regret shelling out for the singles.

This is a great show .. great premise .. great story .. great artwork .. just all around gre .. .. umm .. awesome ^_^

Others animes like it: Last Exile & 12 Kingdoms .. all of them have epic storylines and really memorable artwork .. and the best part to the anime in question .. no fillers

Moribito put me to sleep, almost literally. I really wanted to like it, but god those first episodes are sooo boring, and that's all I'll bother to say about that since I'm obviously in the minority here. Stackpacks should've never been brought into use in the first place though, horrible horrible things they are.

Moribito is the best anime [adult swim] has put on in years (literally), so this is definitely worth the $. I'm gonna get one, thought I hate those type of cases. I thought I saw somewhere that you actually can buy the collector's case for it seperately. Anybody know about that?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I thought I saw somewhere that you actually can buy the collector's case for it seperately. Anybody know about that?[/QUOTE]

I think that is just one of those art boxes that holds the 8 single releases.

I ended up ordering some 8 disc DVD cases. I had to get a minimum of 5, but I kinda needed replacements for my busted Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin season cases. Media Blasters loves shitty packaging.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']I think that is just one of those art boxes that holds the 8 single releases.

I ended up ordering some 8 disc DVD cases. I had to get a minimum of 5, but I kinda needed replacements for my busted Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin season cases. Media Blasters loves shitty packaging.[/QUOTE]

Except for their Genshiken premium box set. That is one beautiful box. http://www.amazon.com/Genshiken-Pre...ef=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263997879&sr=8-7

Oh, man. I was going to be all over this deal. But I can't do it, not with that crappy packaging. If Walmart does an insane price for it, I'll bite, but I'll hold out for a deal on the singles or a better complete release.

I bit on this Moribito Complete Collection deal. Found plenty of copies available at the Oceanside, CA store off the 78 (College exit). The packaging is definitely less that desirable, but at least the discs don't seem to be loose & spinning against each other. Now to find an 8 disc case that's 20MM thick so I can transfer the sleeve over without issue...

[quote name='fallenjedi']Now to find an 8 disc case that's 20MM thick so I can transfer the sleeve over without issue...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the replacement case I bought is a little thicker than the stackpack case. The cover sleeve stays in there well enough, but probably because I never really open it all the way, and if I do its usually flat on the floor or table. I doubt you'll be able to find a decent 8-disc case that can rival the thinness of a stackpack.

I cant believe that packaging is so awful. Especially when the singles came in such awesome cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought mine, it was a bit of a pain trying to find it. At one point, I actually gave up trying to find it, but what do you know, I saw it just before leaving the electronics section. Yeah, the packaging does suck. I will probably replace it with a better case if I can find a spare.

bread's done
Back