Morrowind GOTY $5 and Oblivion GOTY $8.50 on Steam

eagles5769

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I'm debating whether getting Morrowind. Oblivion was my first only Elder Scrolls game and I sunk 130 hours into that game on the 360. So I figured since I really enjoyed Oblivion I should enjoy Morrowind, especially if I use some texture mods to make the game look prettier. I have a gaming quality pc so I'm free to play any game without having to worry about slowdowns.

Morrowind
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/

Oblivion
http://store.steampowered.com/app/900883/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dillon627']Google search morrowind 2009 wordpress.
I don't feel like posting the link again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had already checked out that site and that is nowhere near what I was asking for. It's a very handy guide to eliminate some of the research and confusion, but a "12-step" process with literally dozens and dozens of different mods to download and install is pretty far away from a simple and no-fuss all-in-one install package.

Even the guide begins by saying:
The 12-step guide that follows is for those who want the best possible experience in the game, and are willing to spend more than a few hours fixing up the ‘raw’ retail game in order to get it.
I don't have so much free time, so spending multiple hours setting up and tweaking a game before I can finally actually spend some time playing are not so appealing to me. I am interested in this game, but the work required for it to look decent may be too much of a hurdle for me. So I'm still on the fence.

[quote name='TestType']Yeah, I had already checked out that site and that is nowhere near what I was asking for. It's a very handy guide to eliminate some of the research and confusion, but a "12-step" process with literally dozens and dozens of different mods to download and install is pretty far away from a simple and no-fuss all-in-one install package.

Even the guide begins by saying:
I don't have so much free time, so spending multiple hours setting up and tweaking a game before I can finally actually spend some time playing are not so appealing to me. I am interested in this game, but the work required for it to look decent may be too much of a hurdle for me. So I'm still on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Basically, you are just being lazy if you really think that. The guide pretty much does everything for you. You download and extract files, that takes no time at all.

[quote name='TestType']I've been tempted in the past to get Morrowind in a sale since so many people seem to prefer it over Oblivion and it does seem to have much more unique and varied locations. But the graphics put me off and while the mods are great it seems like a huge amount of work to research which ones to get, hunt them down, set them up and get everything to work.

Wish there was something like the Stalker Complete 2009 mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, which is basically an all-in-one package with all the graphical enhancements for the game as well as some fan patching and tweaks in one install.[/QUOTE]

Check out the MGE Guide, it's the one on wordpress that I think is linked on the first page of this thread. Also useful, the MGE wiki. It looks pretty sweet after applying those mods, especially for a game that is 8 years old at this point.

[quote name='evilwrath666']Basically, you are just being lazy if you really think that. The guide pretty much does everything for you. You download and extract files, that takes no time at all.[/QUOTE]

The guide itself says it will take hours to follow. I agree that the modding process for Morrowind is convoluted and time-consuming. Too bad it's not like Torchlight.

Bit on Oblivion GOTY considering its the deluxe version with all DLC....

Never played all the DLC only SI on ps3, also be nice to get some of those crazy mods for oblivion ive been hearing about....

[quote name='eastx']The guide itself says it will take hours to follow. I agree that the modding process for Morrowind is convoluted and time-consuming. Too bad it's not like Torchlight.[/QUOTE]

I guess you could spend hours tweaking everything but to get it up and running only takes a few minutes and even the improvements from the default settings are significant.

[quote name='Bayshun']Son of a bitch, I just bought Morrowind eight years ago for $50.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha awesome post. :applause:

Anyways, I picked up Oblivion at this price.

Picked up Morrowmind and set up the Mods steps 1-10 in about an hour (not including the download time). I sure it isn't tweaked to pefection, but good enough for me.

I went ahead and got Oblivion even though I own both the original game and the expansion. Next step is the mod the hell out of that.

finally bit on oblivion. figured that for 8.5 it's not going to be that cheap again for a while.

I know there will probably be another sale when elder scrolls 5 hits, but until then I can hold off on morrowind.

I am debating between a sandwich or Morrowind. Hmmmm... yummy tuna or 100 plus hours of gameplay? Interesting. Anyone know how long this sale is going on for? (because I am hungry).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Whenever I read "Morrowind", all I hear is the sound of a dozen cliff racers.[/QUOTE]

I think someone actually made a mod to eliminate or modify the nehavior of cliffracers. Never used it myself though.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I think someone actually made a mod to eliminate or modify the nehavior of cliffracers. Never used it myself though.[/QUOTE]

It's a god-send. The Cliff Racer Extinction mod allows you to hunt them in to oblivion. If you kill enough of them, they cease to exist.

Morrowind is the only game that I've been REALLY craving to play again. I think once I get my fill of Reach I'll mod the hell out of it and put a couple hundred hours in.... like I should have done the first time. Oblivion is just as good, but Morrowind has the little extra.... 'something'.....

[quote name='pigeon12']I am debating between a sandwich or Morrowind. Hmmmm... yummy tuna or 100 plus hours of gameplay? Interesting. Anyone know how long this sale is going on for? (because I am hungry).[/QUOTE]

Tuna is cheap, just make your own sandwich. Morrowind is worth it.

bread's done
Back