Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

I couldn't play online when I tried to find a ranked game earlier. It just sat their looking for an opponent for about five minutes before I gave up on it. I'm hoping player matches are better.

lag is hit or miss. some matches ive had lag, other matches ive had none. the lag ive experienced wasnt like, game breaking but it was slow.

SEH is right though in that sometimes it takes a long ass time to find a ranked match. when we do KOTH though, that wont be a problem.

I'm in AZ and I should have some local friends in a XBL party. Anyone on this time zone or close to it feel free to jump in. I'm gonna try to set up a KOTH match when I get off work in a few hours.

Got this in today and loving it so far. Much better than that damn MVC3. I probably won't even mind buying the dlc this time.

Add me if you like.

Played my first ranked game before (I was actually able to find one for a change). I was Kano and my opponent was Johnny Cage. Really, really good back and forth fight that saw me losing the first round, winning the second, then just barely winning the third round. I was all excited and ready to play some more, but once again, I cant find games.

Also, the game was slightly laggy. It was pretty bad in the beginning but it seemed to somewhat sort itself out as the match progressed.

[quote name='kburns10']I'm in AZ and I should have some local friends in a XBL party. Anyone on this time zone or close to it feel free to jump in. I'm gonna try to set up a KOTH match when I get off work in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Dude.

This is the PS3 forum.

I think I somthing is telling me not to play this game. Storms all day and tonight is to be really bad and it looks it. So I'm expecting power to go out and when I got home after picking my TE up after 12 hours of work the damn thing fell when I was trying to keep the cat from going outside.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Dude.

This is the PS3 forum.[/QUOTE]

Now I know why when I went to add him it said his ID wasnt registered.

[quote name='SEH']Now I know why when I went to add him it said his ID wasnt registered.[/QUOTE]

I got on my PS3 and had nothing. Then had a friend request on the 360. What tipped me off.

Picked up the TE at Best Buy this morning with my 2x $10 coupons & got the $10 gift card and Sub Zero skin. Lucky enough to have gotten one of the two or so they had available for in store purchase :)

Looks like I might have a chance to play a little tonight as well. Feel free to add me for a little Kombat.

Question for you guys. I tried the demo today and love it a lot but suck major as. My hands cramp up trying to fight. Would I do better with a fight stick? And if so what would you guys recommend for a beginner?

[quote name='8bitArtist']wel that died out fast! what happen caggers[/QUOTE]

Lost internet connection for awhile. Just came back like five minutes ago. Oh well, got to play for like an hour and had fun even though I totally suck.

I've had a blast with this game tonight. It's basically exceeded all my expectations. The fact that the game has so many modes and extra content to unlock is awesome. I'm not any good with combos yet, and may never be, but anyone on PSN can feel free to add me. Name is the same as my CAG screen name.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']the story is 100x better than MK movie[/QUOTE]

The only thing that sucks about the story mode are those damn 1v2 fights. You have to play so cheap.

[quote name='SEH']The only thing that sucks about the story mode are those damn 1v2 fights. You have to play so cheap.[/QUOTE]

This. Especially when they pull those swap-outs RIGHT when your mid-combo. I swear those make me rage

[quote name='dgwillia006']This. Especially when they pull those swap-outs RIGHT when your mid-combo. I swear those make me rage[/QUOTE]

I've resorted to doing nothing but blocking then going in for a well timed throw. It takes awhile, but it's the only way I've been able to actually survive those fights.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So the MK WIki says the only survivors of the MK (2011) are
Sonya and Cage

Looking all over where is this info coming from? I'm mainly looking to see if that is from individual endings or if that is the official story and if so where do we find that?[/QUOTE]

so yeah. this is true.

[quote name='SEH']I've resorted to doing nothing but blocking then going in for a well timed throw. It takes awhile, but it's the only way I've been able to actually survive those fights.[/QUOTE]

haha, just wait till you go up against the tag team with cyber sub zero

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEH']The only thing that sucks about the story mode are those damn 1v2 fights. You have to play so cheap.[/QUOTE]

upper cut is the best move in a tag team

[quote name='8bitArtist']wel that died out fast! what happen caggers[/QUOTE]

I got dropped. Said game session is no longer available and kicked me...even though it obviously was still available since some of you guys were still in.

Oh well. We can try again next time I see a bunch of you on playing MK again.

[quote name='Randomsense']Picked up the TE at Best Buy this morning with my 2x $10 coupons & got the $10 gift card and Sub Zero skin. Lucky enough to have gotten one of the two or so they had available for in store purchase :)

Looks like I might have a chance to play a little tonight as well. Feel free to add me for a little Kombat.[/QUOTE]

Did the BB TE include the Sub-Zero costume code?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I got on my PS3 and had nothing. Then had a friend request on the 360. What tipped me off.[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout that! Was posting that message while at work so wasn't paying any attention to the forum. Kinda wishing I had this on PS3 since using the fightpad is a pain to set up button wise.

Anyone else experience Sub Zero freezing you then not attacking? Ever? Another character did that with a stun attack, both that character and Sub Zero did this multiple times in a round. Can't remember which one, though.

on the lower difficulties, the guys wont always bombard you with kombos with they ice/spear/net/whatever.

play on expert and that wont ever happen.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did the BB TE include the Sub-Zero costume code?[/QUOTE]

When I went to buy it I figured I wouldn't get Sub-Zero since I didn't pre-order but figured if I got lucky enough to get the TE I'd be ok. As I was buying it I noticed a Sub-Zero sticker on the box so figured maybe I'd have a chance. When I opened it up the card with the Sub-Zero code was inside. :lol:

Once you remove the outer slip from the TE box there is a plastic one way slot in the actual box. I'm guessing they use that to insert the additional items (it also looks big enough for the game) and just add stickers to the outside. That way they can use the same packaging for the different store promotions.

I'm getting a bit more interested in this game, but with MvC3 taking up all of my fighting time, I think I'll wait until the summer when I have more time and the price is lower.

Is it possible that we have too many good games coming out these days?

[quote name='Randomsense']When I went to buy it I figured I wouldn't get Sub-Zero since I didn't pre-order but figured if I got lucky enough to get the TE I'd be ok. As I was buying it I noticed a Sub-Zero sticker on the box so figured maybe I'd have a chance. When I opened it up the card with the Sub-Zero code was inside. :lol:

Once you remove the outer slip from the TE box there is a plastic one way slot in the actual box. I'm guessing they use that to insert the additional items (it also looks big enough for the game) and just add stickers to the outside. That way they can use the same packaging for the different store promotions.[/QUOTE]

Ah good to know. Thanks bud.

I preordered the MK TE @ GS (gasp) - only cuz i had to get rid of all this GS credit but even considering the $163 price out the door I don't regret it. This game is badass. The TE is sweet. That thing is a tank. I like how you can put it on your lap. I have a coffee table so whenever i use a stick it shakes the table around. Worth the day 1 buy.

The story mode is effing addicting. I did not want to stop playing last night. I agree that the TE edition was worth a day one purchase.

Would anyone be interested in trading their Reptile classic code for my subzero classic code? Had to buy mine at bestbuy with my discount.

If anyone wants to try KoTH tonight I'll be on again probably.

I'm thinking 5-6 hours from right now. If you're on my friends list and I see you playing MK I'll invite you. I'd add the rest of you but can't remember who is already on my friends list.

I'm going to play some Fat Princess at around 5pm PST, and will be playing that for a couple of hours (it's a game night). If you guys play KOTH tonight, I'll catch you guys at around 7pm.

If anyone is interested in playing hit me up. I had pretty good connection quality when I tried today.

Also, if anyone has an extra costume code for this and would be interested in a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC code (360) let me know.

After seeing Reptile's look, I'm kinda glad I pre-ordered from Amazon and got his retro costume because his new look is awful. I wanted the classic Scorpion but jesus at least I'm not stuck with that horrible Reptile look. I wish they could have reverted his appearance back to more human-like.

bread's done
Back