Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

[quote name='JoshTX']After seeing Reptile's look, I'm kinda glad I pre-ordered from Amazon and got his retro costume because his new look is awful. I wanted the classic Scorpion but jesus at least I'm not stuck with that horrible Reptile look. I wish they could have reverted his appearance back to more human-like.[/QUOTE]

Starting to wish I would have ordered from Amazon now. I put in the preorder at GameStop only because I wanted the game on day one and didn't want to put more on my credit card. Storms in the area stopped me from playing much on Tuesday. Yesterday was the only day that I got much time in at all and that was only about an hour if that in the story mode. PSN is down right now so I can't play it online or put in the codes yet. It looks like I might be working 12 hours today and tomorrow so the first day I will really be able to play is Saturday. If I would have ordered from Amazon the thing would get here tomorrow or Saturday.

I have always hated the look of Reptile after UMK3. I know what they are doing with him as his story goes but if this takes place in between the time of MK to UMK3 then he should have more of a human look. I really hope this comes out as DLC.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Man, the TE Stick is hard getting used to, but the thing is so damn amazing. Puts the Tekken 6 bundle to shame[/QUOTE]

Didn't get the Tekken 6 bundle but this was worth the price I think. The stick seems to be of nice quality. The only thing I don't like about the stick is the number of screws you have to take out if you want to change things. I don't plan on changing things however if a button goes out or the stick goes out 18 screws is a bit much to have to take out.

I'm still trying to get used to it as that middle button just seems odd to me. Also I need to change the set up for the X-Rays as L2 and R2 are just to far apart to use quickly.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I finished the SP and unlocked only two characters
quan chi and cyber subzero
. How many did you unlock?[/QUOTE]

Them are the only 2 unless some are hidden that no one has found yet even with hacking the game.

Speaking of hacking the game Boon said that he had seen all that was leaked out due to the hacks and that their was much more in the game than what had been leaked. Has anyone found anything else that was not shown before the game came out? Like I said I have not had much time to play the game so if it is a spoiler can you tag it.

Amazon is awesome. I got the 10 dollar coupon, the reptile skin, and .99 cent release date delivery (it was at my house at 2PM) and now they are telling me they've refunded 3 dollars off the price of the game as part of that pre-order price protection thing.

[quote name='8bitArtist']Can psn please get back up so i can play online? Getting bored of the challenge tower right now.[/QUOTE]

Crap I can't even beat the Tower one with all the Barakas, least you are probably moving along in it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Crap I can't even beat the Tower one with all the Barakas, least you are probably moving along in it.[/QUOTE]

are you talking about the real early one with jax?

[quote name='peloquin17']are you talking about the real early one with jax?[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I kinda suck.

I can get almost done but then I ended up with one the 2nd big guy in my face and one of the runners comes up and gets me when they are overlapping. (or I get the runner and the big guy gets me)

I don't know if it's just me but I'm having some trouble hitting up-right on the TE stick. I really need to be deliberate about it or I end up just walking forward. I guess I could just be used to a square gate (gasp!), but I'm going to blame it on the stick itself and just order an IL Competition stick.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah...I kinda suck.

I can get almost done but then I ended up with one the 2nd big guy in my face and one of the runners comes up and gets me when they are overlapping. (or I get the runner and the big guy gets me)[/QUOTE]

spam square. as the first big guy approaches they'll be a runner behind him. as soon as you hit the runner, then ground pound. just keep spamming square after that. you shouldn't need another ground pound. i didnt.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Crap I can't even beat the Tower one with all the Barakas, least you are probably moving along in it.[/QUOTE]

im around 175 or so now.

youre gonna break your controller though if that one is giving you problems. especially in the 200 rounds. its gonna test my ability to not nerd rage over a game. lol.

[quote name='hpbbes']I don't know if it's just me but I'm having some trouble hitting up-right on the TE stick. I really need to be deliberate about it or I end up just walking forward. I guess I could just be used to a square gate (gasp!), but I'm going to blame it on the stick itself and just order an IL Competition stick.[/QUOTE]

I have issues hitting up right as well as up left. It has to be very, very precise in order for it register as a forward or backward jump rather than just moving left or right. You know any place that has a black or red IL sticks in-stock? Lizard Lick only has blue ones.

[quote name='SEH']I have issues hitting up right as well as up left. It has to be very, very precise in order for it register as a forward or backward jump rather than just moving left or right. You know any place that has a black or red IL sticks in-stock? Lizard Lick only has blue ones.[/QUOTE]

No. I was going to order an orange one because it was in stock.

So there's actually a story mode in this? If so, then that's good. Hopefully there's an actual storyline that you can play through for EACH character that changes based on who you're playing through it as.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So there's actually a story mode in this? If so, then that's good. Hopefully there's an actual storyline that you can play through for EACH character that changes based on who you're playing through it as.[/QUOTE]

You go through the story and it assigns you who you play at each point. Kinda like Mk vs. DC Universe did.

[quote name='hpbbes']No. I was going to order an orange one because it was in stock.[/QUOTE]

Ah, damn. I guess I may just go with a blue one then and get some blue, red, white, and yellow buttons and just make it look like an old UMK3 cabinet.

I notice that Kratos has an alternate attire and its his
fear kratos outfit from GOW3
. Does anyone have in game footage of this, id love to see his alternate in action.

Well I just beat story, not bad.
I can only assume the characters will come back in some way, since no really dies in Mortal Kombat.
I know it's way too early to ask for a sequel, but I would like to see where this story goes. Know I just wish PSN would come back on.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I notice that Kratos has an alternate attire and its his
fear kratos outfit from GOW3
. Does anyone have in game footage of this, id love to see his alternate in action.[/QUOTE]
I don't have in-game footage, but it doesn't look too different. It's just Kratos allover Black and a bright ass red tatt.

I do use it because I like it more than his reg outfit.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']You go through the story and it assigns you who you play at each point. Kinda like Mk vs. DC Universe did.[/QUOTE]
:cry: Then that definitely settles it. The new MK is a $20 buy price for me, anything more and it's too much imo, but that's only cuz I usually only play single player on the MK games and can't play mp online because of my slow speed DSL connection.:razz:

Well...there's that AND the fact that I'd most likely get trounced every time.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:cry: Then that definitely settles it. The new MK is a $20 buy price for me, anything more and it's too much imo, but that's only cuz I usually only play single player on the MK games and can't play mp online because of my slow speed DSL connection.:razz:

Well...there's that AND the fact that I'd most likely get trounced every time.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The story in the game is like playing through the mk movie (first movie). The challenge tower is also a blast to play through. Overall a great single player game and let's not forget the krypt kontent.

[quote name='SEH']Ah, damn. I guess I may just go with a blue one then and get some blue, red, white, and yellow buttons and just make it look like an old UMK3 cabinet.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered an orange Eurostick and a Happ heavy spring on impulse. I used my Reptile Klassic preorder code proceeds from eBay to fund the purchase. Good trade IMO.

[quote name='hpbbes']I just ordered an orange Eurostick and a Happ heavy spring on impulse. I used my Reptile Klassic preorder code proceeds from eBay to fund the purchase. Good trade IMO.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So there's actually a story mode in this? If so, then that's good. Hopefully there's an actual storyline that you can play through for EACH character that changes based on who you're playing through it as.[/QUOTE]

there is a campaign mode with different characters and arcade mode where you play with each character for their story

anyone trying for the challenge tower, be prepared to be stryker and fight 3 shao khans in a row, then like 10 challenges later, be ermac and fight 3 goros in a row. 1 health bar, no refills. Y.A.Y!

[quote name='8bitArtist']anyone trying for the challenge tower, be prepared to be stryker and fight 3 shao khans in a row, then like 10 challenges later, be ermac and fight 3 goros in a row. 1 health bar, no refills. Y.A.Y![/QUOTE]

can you use coins to bypass those fights?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:cry: Then that definitely settles it. The new MK is a $20 buy price for me, anything more and it's too much imo, but that's only cuz I usually only play single player on the MK games and can't play mp online because of my slow speed DSL connection.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I feel like an idiot for paying full price for this game and having PSN explode!!!

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I feel like an idiot for paying full price for this game and having PSN explode!!![/QUOTE]

Same here. I've already beat Story mode. I just want to play it online now and can't still. :lol:

I feel sad and mad, i finally got "Toasty!" to popup in Arcade mode, but it happened while Hidden Stage Noob was beating the living hell out of me

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I feel like an idiot for paying full price for this game and having PSN explode!!![/QUOTE]

It doesn't really bother me. I definitely play it offline more than I do online.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I feel sad and mad, i finally got "Toasty!" to popup in Arcade mode, but it happened while Hidden Stage Noob was beating the living hell out of me

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:cry: Then that definitely settles it. The new MK is a $20 buy price for me, anything more and it's too much imo, but that's only cuz I usually only play single player on the MK games and can't play mp online because of my slow speed DSL connection.:razz:

Well...there's that AND the fact that I'd most likely get trounced every time.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

There's also the arcade playthrough, which gives storylines for each character. The more traditional MK story format, if you will.

some characters you just won't like based on your fighting tendenancies but in the end I like that because it forces you to play characters that you didn't think you'd like but end up using now. for example, I never liked Jade in MK3 but now I like playing with her after going through the story mode with her for a few rounds.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I feel sad and mad, i finally got "Toasty!" to popup in Arcade mode, but it happened while Hidden Stage Noob was beating the living hell out of me

Holy crap, I suck with Raiden. I can't even get close to beating Shao Kahn in Story Mode. I've literally been trying off and on for the last 2 hours. I even looked online at videos of other people beating him, and I can't figure out what I'm doing any different (other than the fact that he never taunts me). Oh well, fuck it, I'm going back to the Challenge Tower.

Just got this game today, is a TE square gate stick good? Or should I stick with a dualshock this round?

I'll return to SSF4 in June, this game is pretty baller.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Holy crap, I suck with Raiden. I can't even get close to beating Shao Kahn in Story Mode. I've literally been trying off and on for the last 2 hours. I even looked online at videos of other people beating him, and I can't figure out what I'm doing any different (other than the fact that he never taunts me). Oh well, fuck it, I'm going back to the Challenge Tower.[/QUOTE]

just teleport behind him when he is about to throw a projectile.

or you can just change the difficulty to beginner. haha

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Holy crap, I suck with Raiden. I can't even get close to beating Shao Kahn in Story Mode. I've literally been trying off and on for the last 2 hours. I even looked online at videos of other people beating him, and I can't figure out what I'm doing any different (other than the fact that he never taunts me). Oh well, fuck it, I'm going back to the Challenge Tower.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have too much trouble beating him. Try staying away from him as possible and spam his lightning bolt while trying to dodge his projectile attacks. As soon as he taunts teleport behind him and do Raiden's "Superman" attack. Rinse and repeat.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just got this game today, is a TE square gate stick good? Or should I stick with a dualshock this round?

I'll return to SSF4 in June, this game is pretty baller.[/QUOTE]

Personally either way works fine, I started with the dualshock and everything felt really natural. I then switched to using my TE stick using the custom button layout someone recommended earlier in the thread and it works perfectly. However for the most part I found that combos are easier to pull off on the TE stick.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just got this game today, is a TE square gate stick good? Or should I stick with a dualshock this round?

I'll return to SSF4 in June, this game is pretty baller.[/QUOTE]

fuck that noise. Get the HAPP stick baby.

So I just had a moment of panic. I haven't played online yet but just realized I didn't receive an actual code in the box my TE came in. Is the code on the disc? With PSN down it doesn't matter but I'd like to know if I need to start whining to someone.

[quote name='hpbbes']So I just had a moment of panic. I haven't played online yet but just realized I didn't receive an actual code in the box my TE came in. Is the code on the disc? With PSN down it doesn't matter but I'd like to know if I need to start whining to someone.[/QUOTE]

if you're talking about a code to play online... there should be one in the actual game case.

Hmm. Yeah I definitely didn't get one. The game that came with my TE wasn't sealed which I thought was odd. Did everyone else with a TE get a sealed game inside the box?

I just keep jumping past Shao Kahn to land right behind him. Whenever you do that, he automatically tries to uppercut you with his sledgehammer or do his shadow kick variation. That'll leave him open to an uppercut. Jump behind him again and repeat to infinity. The AI for Shao Kahn keeps using anti-air counters but the key is to jump behind him before he can hit you.

[quote name='hpbbes']Hmm. Yeah I definitely didn't get one. The game that came with my TE wasn't sealed which I thought was odd. Did everyone else with a TE get a sealed game inside the box?[/QUOTE]

My copy wasn't sealed either but I got a Kombat code to come with it inside the case. Looks like an employee forgot to put it in there.

[quote name='Donut2922']My copy wasn't sealed either but I got a Kombat code to come with it inside the case. Looks like an employee forgot to put it in there.[/QUOTE]

not sealed here either... but had 3 things in it. the Katalog, the instruKtion manual (if you Kan Kall it that) and the Kombat pass.

bread's done
Back