Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

It all depends on the individual internet speeds of the people in the match I think. So if you're on dsl and a lower speed you may see a bunch of slowdown like I had.

well the only SP trophies i need are the 2 mastery ones. the online ones i need are all boostable besides I Aint Dead yet which i would think would just happen over time. kinda wish i did that one when i was playing against all those noobs when i got it at midnight.

How many challenges are there in the challenge tower? I ask because I got up to around challenge #29 or so this morning and I was shocked it was still going.

The worst one I thought so far was the Tarkatan challenge with the bigger/smaller Tarkatan guys running/walking at you and you have to destroy them before they get to you. The fact that it takes SIX shots to annihilate the bigger guys is kinda ridiculous.

It reminded me of those challenge levels in one of the God Of War games with enemies that just keep coming. The worst one of those was the one with the satyrs who would use their staffs to pick you up and throw you off the platform.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How many challenges are there in the challenge tower? I ask because I got up to around challenge #29 or so this morning and I was shocked it was still going.

The worst one I thought so far was the Tarkatan challenge with the bigger/smaller Tarkatan guys running/walking at you and you have to destroy them before they get to you. The fact that it takes SIX shots to annihilate the bigger guys is kinda ridiculous.

It reminded me of those challenge levels in one of the God Of War games with enemies that just keep coming. The worst one of those was the one with the satyrs who would use their staffs to pick you up and throw you off the platform.:roll:[/QUOTE]

There is 300 total.

Yeah. I just researched it and watched a couple of vids of people already annihilating the last level. The reward for completing them all seems a bit paltry though for all of that work(
alt costume for mileena
).

I'm stuck on the one with Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro. I keep getting my ass handed to me using baraka. I think it is around the 180 mark. Any tips?

[quote name='sendme']I'm stuck on the one with Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro. I keep getting my ass handed to me using baraka. I think it is around the 180 mark. Any tips?[/QUOTE]
From the videos I've seen of people beating the later levels(including #300), you might want to try starting a combo while jumping towards them and have that combo include an attack that pops them up in the air, hit an uppercut after that pop up(if at all possible), then rinse and repeat till done.

I will give that a try. I never expected to get this far without paying. Anyone know if you do pay can you go back to just the ones you paid to get past and then get the trophy or would you have to start from 1 again?

[quote name='sendme']I'm stuck on the one with Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro. I keep getting my ass handed to me using baraka. I think it is around the 180 mark. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck me sideways. That really puts the challenge in challenge tower. I've only been playing Story mode so far and while I continue to soldier on the tag battles are giving me the biggest challenge.

[quote name='sendme']I will give that a try. I never expected to get this far without paying. Anyone know if you do pay can you go back to just the ones you paid to get past and then get the trophy or would you have to start from 1 again?[/QUOTE]

yes you can. if you keep dying and hit retry though, the AI will get easier and easier. just be persistent and dont give up.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh fuck me sideways. That really puts the challenge in challenge tower. I've only been playing Story mode so far and while I continue to soldier on the tag battles are giving me the biggest challenge.[/QUOTE]

that challenge is nothing compared to the later ones.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yes you can. if you keep dying and hit retry though, the AI will get easier and easier. just be persistent and dont give up.

that challenge is nothing compared to the later ones.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to know. Just let me live in ignorant bliss.

I had issues with other ones and was able to pass them. I know the get harder however some seem like they should have been a lot lower than where they are. I'm sure their will be some that I can do in one try.

[quote name='sendme']I had issues with other ones and was able to pass them. I know the get harder however some seem like they should have been a lot lower than where they are. I'm sure their will be some that I can do in one try.[/QUOTE]

Does the challenge tower always let you pick who you fight as?

If that's the case that helps somewhat because most of my problems in story mode are because the fighters you're forced to fight as are sometimes completely foreign to me. I may have played the hell out of Mortal Kombat 1 back in the day but I never touched 2 or 3 so I don't have that familiarity with some of those characters.

On another note, I was amazed at how quickly I picked up using Scorpion and Sub Zero (my 2 faves back in the day) again after not playing a MK game after well over a decade.

the only challenge that let you choose who you want is #300. everything else is predetermined.

some of the challenges later are easier, but you gotta realize they need to break up the challenges as well. i mean, the ones where you shoot zombies and stuff, you cant have 5 of those in a row. or all your test your strikes in a row. the truly hard challenges are 251, 269, 275, 299, 300

damn, anyone know what controller type is preferred for these tourney players? I tried checking it out in the video but it was out of picture. It seems like they're using a gamepad.

The controller seems to be preferred more than a stick. I don't know if people play it like tekken (index over square and x, middle finger over triangle and o) though.

^ everyone wasn't using one. People used their madcatz tes, and I'm sure some people were using the MK sticks to get ready for pdp or w/e that tournament is called.

OK. Who told Ed Boon that spamming bosses with special moves should be taken out of the rebooted MK game? I'm on the last battle of the story mode and getting my ass handed to me since I can't do the 'Superman' move and spam that to death on Kahnie.

This is getting beyond annoying now.

I finally had time to play MK for the first time. BEST MK EVER.
So brutal, gameplay is uber fun and decent to pick up.

Played story mode last night upto Cyrax and Sector. Just totally awesome to see what everyone was before all the new mortal kombats. Amazing tie in with the previous MK's. Brings back alot of nostalgia.

Fun game. It's a definite time waster. I was up a buddies house tonight letting him play it and before I knew it it was quarter to midnight. It's kinda tough to put the controller down when in story mode and you're seeing how everything ties into everything else with the story.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']So the story for this MK: is it an alternate time line or is it like a reboot???[/QUOTE]

technically both. the MK 1 - 3 timeline has been altered due to a future Raiden setting in motion a different course of events for current time Raiden (in MK1). loving MK. definitely getting mileage out of this fighting game. everything else i got bored out of already.

[quote name='Donut2922']technically both. the MK 1 - 3 timeline has been altered due to a future Raiden setting in motion a different course of events for current time Raiden (in MK1). loving MK. definitely getting mileage out of this fighting game. everything else i got bored out of already.[/QUOTE]

I never understood any of the MK plots really. The only one I was ever remotely interested in was Sub-Zero Mythology, which according to PSM there was supposed to be multiple Mythologies made for each character, and then that shit Special Forces came out and ruined everything. Bawwwwww!

[quote name='GTmaster39']I never understood any of the MK plots really. The only one I was ever remotely interested in was Sub-Zero Mythology, which according to PSM there was supposed to be multiple Mythologies made for each character, and then that shit Special Forces came out and ruined everything. Bawwwwww![/QUOTE]
Speaking of which, I just saw an incomplete copy of Special Forces at the one Salvation Army here the other night. I shoulda picked it up to see how horrible it truly was.

You ever see the hidden blooper reel on MK Mythologies Sub-Zero?;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d887L9UK4RE&feature=related

I might have been a little harsh saying Special Forces was shit, if you liked Fighting Force you might want to give it a go.

I just wish the would make a new Bio Freaks.

Bought a copy off Amazon last night. I could of saved $5 by looking at TRU today after work but that TRU is fucking hell to get to, let alone friday night, and I need to hit the bank tonight since I can't go to it tomorrow.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I might have been a little harsh saying Special Forces was shit, if you liked Fighting Force you might want to give it a go.

I just wish the would make a new Bio Freaks.[/QUOTE]
Bio-Freaks was a fun fighting game. So over the top at times, but then again I used the same method I do in MK(spamming power moves) to win.

[quote name='Donut2922']technically both. the MK 1 - 3 timeline has been altered due to a future Raiden setting in motion a different course of events for current time Raiden (in MK1). loving MK. definitely getting mileage out of this fighting game. everything else i got bored out of already.[/QUOTE]

The story mode was pretty good. Explained alot of the stuff that you found only when beating the game back in MK1 - MK3. Finally beaten story mode two nights ago. Shao Kahn was a BITCH.

Can't wait to see the Shinnock followup.

Other than that, SP was good, but waiting for the darn PSN to come back on! Blah.

[quote name='Average Gamer']The story mode was pretty good. Explained alot of the stuff that you found only when beating the game back in MK1 - MK3. Finally beaten story mode two nights ago. Shao Kahn was a BITCH.

Can't wait to see the Shinnock followup.

Other than that, SP was good, but waiting for the darn PSN to come back on! Blah.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play any motal kombat before. So I think the story mode is very boring.

Damn you Shang Tsung! I finally preform a flawless victory with a fatality on your ass and I don't get that secret battle. Yeesh, gotta do it all over again.

This game is awesome, can't wait for psn to come back on. I'm secretly hoping it keeps getting put off a few more days so I can hone some characters and learn new ones.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Damn you Shang Tsung! I finally preform a flawless victory with a fatality on your ass and I don't get that secret battle. Yeesh, gotta do it all over again.

This game is awesome, can't wait for psn to come back on. I'm secretly hoping it keeps getting put off a few more days so I can hone some characters and learn new ones.[/QUOTE]
Secret battle?:whistle2:s Is it anything like the secret characters from MK II(like using only low kick in one round to fight I think Jade and/or pressing down+start when Dan Forden comes up in the lower right corner on the Portal stage n says TOASTY to fight Smoke)?

I forget how you used to get to fight Reptile in MK 1, but I remember it was on the Pit stage.

I believe there are four secret battles. I remember beating someone up, flawless victory and all, and out of nowhere Noob Saibot came out. The encounter unlocked a trophy, and I remember that he had 2x health and damage. I lost, it was a difficult fight... This was in the Arcade Ladder, btw

[quote name='defmonkey05']Damn you Shang Tsung! I finally preform a flawless victory with a fatality on your ass and I don't get that secret battle. Yeesh, gotta do it all over again.

This game is awesome, can't wait for psn to come back on. I'm secretly hoping it keeps getting put off a few more days so I can hone some characters and learn new ones.[/QUOTE]

you need to flawless him both rounds, then fatality. thats when you fight jade.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I believe there are four secret battles. I remember beating someone up, flawless victory and all, and out of nowhere Noob Saibot came out. The encounter unlocked a trophy, and I remember that he had 2x health and damage. I lost, it was a difficult fight... This was in the Arcade Ladder, btw[/QUOTE]
That explain it then. I think I got maybe 1-2 flawless victories since I started playing this and never in the same match. One in the story mode and one in the arcade ladder and none since.:whistle2:#

[quote name='8bitArtist']you need to flawless him both rounds, then fatality. thats when you fight jade.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant to say double flawless. I did all three, but no secret match.

I'm wondering though, if I flub up the first match, but the next two I double flawless and preform a fatality, do they count it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Secret battle?:whistle2:s Is it anything like the secret characters from MK II(like using only low kick in one round to fight I think Jade and/or pressing down+start when Dan Forden comes up in the lower right corner on the Portal stage n says TOASTY to fight Smoke)?

I forget how you used to get to fight Reptile in MK 1, but I remember it was on the Pit stage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's four and all four require different things.

One secret battle is in The Cathedral, if Noob Saibot appears from the right side of the throne beat your opponent without blocking. The Living Forest is another one. When Smoke pops out from one of the trees, spam down and back and then get challenged. The Pit you have to wait till a shadowy figure goes across the moon (usually a witch on a broom or Santa) and then get a double flawless and a stage fatality and finally get a double flawless+fatality on Shang Tsung.

All these can easily be obtained on Beginner, but even trying to do the last one is a bit tough, I had to lose several times to dumb down the AI so I could finally get it... And I didn't...

did you lose a round while getting to tsung? cuz you cant lose a round the entire ladder, then double flawless and fatality.

also, smoke is down and select. down and back is xbox.

bread's done
Back