Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

im magically losing respect points from KOTH matches for some reason and its really pissing me off.

oh well, least i got all the ranked trophies outta the way.

Looks like MK will be free for everyone until the psn store comes back online. :applause:
Kotaku Link

At least it shows Nether Realms is listening. Now if only they'll make an update to take a screenshot of some of the art one can find in the krypt. A lot of that is wallpaper worthy. :bouncy:

[quote name='Little-Wildman']The krypt is beyind annoying, how you have to choose something to get without actually knowing what it is until you've got it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After earning the points to unlock things I took no shame in using an online FAQ to get all the costumes and fatalities. I could care less about artwork and music.

I just thought the process of going through all the animations was pretty tedious. I'm breaking gravestones, it's a cool way to unlock things, I get it. You've put WAY too many out here.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I just thought the process of going through all the animations was pretty tedious. I'm breaking gravestones, it's a cool way to unlock things, I get it. You've put WAY too many out here.[/QUOTE]

You know if you double tap X, it will skip the animation.

I'm glad they took out the kombat pass for the time being. I had to use my other accounts to play with the 2 day trial.

takes forever to get a match going :cry:

half the time i can't connect with another player or just drops the session while at the character selection screen.

lag is unbearable in this game. Lost 3 matches because the lag ruined my button presses. until they fix the netcode, im going to stick to local multiplayer.

I dont mind the krypt as much. Just beat challenge tower and story mode and you unlock everything. its tedious for sure but not going to kill me.

[quote name='johnnypark']Agreed. After earning the points to unlock things I took no shame in using an online FAQ to get all the costumes and fatalities. I could care less about artwork and music.[/QUOTE]

TRMK has had a guide to the Krypt since day one.

[quote name='johnnypark']Agreed. After earning the points to unlock things I took no shame in using an online FAQ to get all the costumes and fatalities. I could care less about artwork and music.[/QUOTE]
:applause:That's what I did too.
[quote name='panzerfaust']I just thought the process of going through all the animations was pretty tedious. I'm breaking gravestones, it's a cool way to unlock things, I get it. You've put WAY too many out here.[/QUOTE]
For me, it wasn't so much the krypt stuff as some unskippable cutscenes that I had to keep repeating.:whistle2:#

king of the hill matches keep freezing up my system.

one time while i joined up a match in progress and it froze at the theater mode and another time I got challenged by a person, he launched an xray attack on me and it froze.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:That's what I did too.

For me, it wasn't so much the krypt stuff as some unskippable cutscenes that I had to keep repeating.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

No shit dude. I beat the story mode on both systems and not being able to skip cutscenes is retarded.

Ok appearently I suck. I can't beat Shao Kahn with Liu Kang in story mode. He spams his shoulder charge at me (like 4-5 times in a row), will take off half my health then just polishes me off. Any tips?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ok appearently I suck. I can't beat Shao Kahn with Liu Kang in story mode. He spams his shoulder charge at me (like 4-5 times in a row), will take off half my health then just polishes me off. Any tips?[/QUOTE]
Bicycle kick, bicycle kick, bicycle kick. Just keep spamming that and you should make short work of him.;)

Of course, you can also use the one two hit combo to pop him into the air first. It's just spamming triangle. It only takes off about 5% per time though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Bicycle kick, bicycle kick, bicycle kick. Just keep spamming that and you should make short work of him.;)

Of course, you can also use the one two hit combo to pop him into the air first. It's just spamming triangle. It only takes off about 5% per time though.[/QUOTE]

Will give it a go tonight. THanks.

[quote name='spOOfy']he launched an xray attack on me and it froze.[/QUOTE]

haha. suspect time for it to freeze. other dude was probably cursing you for rage quitting.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ok appearently I suck. I can't beat Shao Kahn with Liu Kang in story mode. He spams his shoulder charge at me (like 4-5 times in a row), will take off half my health then just polishes me off. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

just spam fireballs and watch out for his hammer. a well timed low fireball will put you under it, or just jump straight up and down. gotta time it though.

Do you feel bad for people who payed 20+ plus for a classic costume!?!? NO!!! lol they are offering the entire 7 costumers in one package according to PS3 trophies board!

i sold juggernaut from mua2 on ebay for $40 and 3 weeks later he was dlc for 2.99. it pretty much made my day.

just idiots with too much money (or parents money). to buy a costume and maybe a fatality for half of a game cost is ludicrous.

Is there some kind of hack or exploit going on or something? I just encountered a Johnny Cage player who was able to keep spamming X-Rays on me. I was caught off guard the first round. It seems he can spam it once his bar gets full once.

The 2nd and 3rd round I just kept my distance and was able to beat him cleanly.

well after a long boosting session and many points lost for no fucking reason, i finally have the 2500 respect points. i only need the 2 kung fu trophies for the plat but i really dont know if i can bring myself to do that shit.

[quote name='8bitArtist']well after a long boosting session and many points lost for no fucking reason, i finally have the 2500 respect points. i only need the 2 kung fu trophies for the plat but i really dont know if i can bring myself to do that shit.[/QUOTE]

There's a way to do all of that in training, but that's a lot of time to have the ps3 on doing nothing, especially since each character needs 24 hours of time played. :booty::booty::booty:

wow thread hasnt been updated ferdayz. Well new patch update thanks to Bill aka EMP Tom Brady from Test Your Might with the patch details.

linked from Iplaywinner

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/5/mk9-hot-fix-patch-part-2-notes-for-tuesday.html

I'm loving NRS. They are taking out all the BS almost immediately. No more Infinite block stuns,no more hat loops, no more smoke bomb OTG......keep it up NRS and netcode is improved. so online should be better now.

did you even try playing post patch? its horrible.

80% of the time, the game loses sync and just drops the connection even when there is no signs of lag during the match.

on top of that, you can even select your klassic costumes from the DLC and kratos is nowhere to be seen lol

[quote name='spOOfy']did you even try playing post patch? its horrible.

80% of the time, the game loses sync and just drops the connection even when there is no signs of lag during the match.

on top of that, you can even select your klassic costumes from the DLC and kratos is nowhere to be seen lol[/QUOTE]

nope havent played post patch yet. I read this on Iplaywinner i think yesterday but havent logged in. Wow thats funky, because there are some people who have reported a really good experience after the patch. i guess this is the contrary.

That sucks about the costumes too.....i just bought the DLC :(

i played last night and download the patch. i got matched up with someone where there was no lag, but before that i had lag in 2 matches and got 2 desynced in another 2. i see no difference honestly

plus, i have no idea what all that shit means. what was people infinites?

[quote name='spOOfy']did you even try playing post patch? its horrible.

on top of that, you can even select your klassic costumes from the DLC and kratos is nowhere to be seen lol[/QUOTE]

I played a lot before the patch. What your saying about it dropping games is true. I wondered why it did that. It still does it some. I only had it happen a few times before the patch, but it still happens. Although far as lag its way

better than it was before. It was possible to get good matches before the patch, but not as many as they are now. I played 7 random people and it was awesome. I love the work NRS has done and companies like Capcom should learn from them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I have no desire to play online matches against anyone, this update means exactly jack and squat to me.[/QUOTE]

You have Mortal Kombat and no desire to play online? Your doing it wrong,bro.

[quote name='jman619']You have Mortal Kombat and no desire to play online? Your doing it wrong,bro.[/QUOTE]
Maybe if I had cable internet and didn't just spam power moves I'd care, but I'm a button masher and I have the slowest speed DSL, so I'd likely be one of the people lagging like crazy.

I tried playing MK 2 against a few from CAG before and it was like playing in super slo mo with my connection.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe if I had cable internet and didn't just spam power moves I'd care, but I'm a button masher and I have the slowest speed DSL, so I'd likely be one of the people lagging like crazy.

I tried playing MK 2 against a few from CAG before and it was like playing in super slo mo with my connection.[/QUOTE]

Don't you at least play it with friends? I know about your slow internet. Paco has made enough jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I have no desire to play online matches against anyone, this update means exactly jack and squat to me.[/QUOTE]

no offense but must you say this all the time? we get it. you dont like online. i mean, just in the MK thread alone youve probably said it 3 or 4 times.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i played last night and download the patch. i got matched up with someone where there was no lag, but before that i had lag in 2 matches and got 2 desynced in another 2. i see no difference honestly

plus, i have no idea what all that shit means. what was people infinites?[/QUOTE]

for instance Kabal had a infinite block stun that basically could chip you to death. The main thing is his f+3.2 dash cancel. You could do that over and over and over again till of course the opponent is dead. There is a tournament player named Michaelangelo who abused the Kabal Infinite at the Power Up tournament.

Kung Lao used to have a hat loop. If you have full meter you can throw 3 EX hats. Well you can do a full combo throw an EX hat and do the combo again and end it with the 2nd ex hat and then do it again after the 3rd ex hat. pretty much 1 full meter can do nearly 50% if not more.

I guess the netcode is not better but at least they improved all the abuse that was going on. Next is Cage's X-Ray glitch.

edit: Basically the EX hat resets the combo for Kung Lao. He has gotten some nerfs in this game. But i still think he is uber good still.

I posted this in another thread, so sorry if there is a problem with posting it twice, but I wasn't sure if here or the general PSN question thread was better:

Do any of you have any idea why a Kombat Pass from a game bought in the mainland US would not work for somebody in Puerto Rico? I'm pretty new to this and not sure why it would not work and both Sony and WB have said it should work.

Some DLC codes are region locked. Even though Puerto Rico is U.S. territory. Go fig?

Where's a good place for advanced MK kombos? I'm getting smoked by some pros online right now.

[quote name='Donut2922']Some DLC codes are region locked. Even though Puerto Rico is U.S. territory. Go fig?

Where's a good place for advanced MK kombos? I'm getting smoked by some pros online right now.[/QUOTE]

http://testyourmight.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?226-Choose-Your-Fighter

This website is awesome if you really want to dedicate some time in the game.

Select a character and then choose the stickied "Guide" forum.

For example Sub-Zero:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?2697-GUIDE-Sub-Zero

Hey guys...

Got a debate 'raging' on the Uncharted 3 forums about how an online pass would work on that game... (Much like MK9's) But truth be told I'm not sure of the specifics regarding this pass and was curious if someone could tell me the following:

Is the Kombat Pass account driven? (aka if you log into another PS3 with that account you can play online.)

Is the Kombat Pass PS3 driven? (aka all your accounts new and/or old can play online while on that system.)

Or is it something in between? (aka a limited number of accounts can be activated with it.)

Thanks guys. :)

bread's done
Back