Mortal Kombat Klassic Arcade Stick (PS3/360) 49.99

I have the one from the 'tournament edition' of MK9 (same exact stick) and the parts are junk. Not worth it outside of a collector's item, imo.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I have the one from the 'tournament edition' of MK9 (same exact stick) and the parts are junk. Not worth it outside of a collector's item, imo.[/QUOTE]

At $50, the shell and the pcb alone makes this well worth it to me to have a pair of american style MK sticks to go with all my Japanese candy cab inspired ones. Swapping out the Suzo Happ parts for IL will be a breeze (I've done other cosmetic stick mods before.

Plus, unlike the MK TE, this has Cherry microswitches, so right outta the gate it's better.

And no, I don't care about the latch missing from this model. That's what they make screwdrivers for!

Both 360 and PS3 sticks are back in stock but they are now $70!!! Boo...

I definitely would have bought at $50, but now I'm contemplating whether to buy at $70.

[quote name='VidPower']Both 360 and PS3 sticks are back in stock but they are now $70!!! Boo...

I definitely would have bought at $50, but now I'm contemplating whether to buy at $70.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I just noticed that too. =/

Shrewd move PDP. Shrewd move. I think I have to wait for it to drop back down now out of spite for them doing that, even though 70 has been my 'buy now' price point since this came out last summer.

Ordered Monday. Got shipping confirmation this morning. Estimated February 28th(east coast). Pretty stoked even if the stock parts aren't great.

seems no one is biting at the new $70 price point. 300 left for 360 and 200 left for ps3. really wish i could've gotten it for 360 instead of ps3. gonna watch and if it hits $50 again im getting the 360 one.

[quote name='thestonedgamer']At $50, the shell and the pcb alone makes this well worth it to me to have a pair of american style MK sticks to go with all my Japanese candy cab inspired ones. Swapping out the Suzo Happ parts for IL will be a breeze (I've done other cosmetic stick mods before.

Plus, unlike the MK TE, this has Cherry microswitches, so right outta the gate it's better.

And no, I don't care about the latch missing from this model. That's what they make screwdrivers for![/QUOTE]

Where is the best place to buy American(IL) parts? I plan on getting custom artwork and matching stick buttons. Lizardlick doesn't seem to have a great selection of pushbuttons.

It's basically a button resistance/force/pressure difference and preference.

I'm gonna go with the 75 gram microswitches. These sticks already have cherry microswitches...but I've got a few arcade cabinets also, spare parts are always needed.

amazing how i still remember all the moves/combos from when i was a kid playing the first mk..still crazy to see how far graphics have come- my stick # is in the 5700's, so my guess is the remaining stock available (200 available for ps3 last time i checked) is #'s 5800-6000.

[quote name='technicalstylez'] so my guess is the remaining stock available (200 available for ps3 last time i checked) is #'s 5800-6000.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's how it works. When they are placed on a pallet and stored, there's no telling which number you'll get. I seriously doubt the shipping guys go..."Okay, which is the next one?". Pretty sure they grab it regardless of number and send it on it's way.

im pretty sure if they were manufactured in order and numbered in order they would be packed and palleted in order- in regards to your point of being on a pallet and stored, if they were palleted in order then similar numbers would be on the same pallet with a certain amount of units per cargo box and a certain amount of cargo boxes per pallet. not only is this more time efficient but it makes doing inventory alot easier. pdp selling out and then all of a sudden having 200 available for ps3 sounds to me like they found a couple more overstock pallets and brought them down from the rafters.

i could be wrong but based on my prior warehouse work experience thats what makes the most sense.

then again, theres no guarantee that the orders are pulled in the order of the pallets, so who knows. my previous post was just a guess but it really could go either way.

[quote name='powercreep']I don't think that's how it works. When they are placed on a pallet and stored, there's no telling which number you'll get. I seriously doubt the shipping guys go..."Okay, which is the next one?". Pretty sure they grab it regardless of number and send it on it's way.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait till I receive mine! I doubt I'll ever use it since I have my own custom made Sanwa sticks but it'll be a nice collectors item especially for the price.

Even at $70 this stick is a decent deal, considering it sold for $129 when released, and is fairly high quality. The button layout is a bit bizarre for non-MK games, but I think it can be adapted to.

I would assume that the Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks blow these MK Klassic sticks away? Anyone have ideas about that?

[quote name='chimpmeister']Even at $70 this stick is a decent deal, considering it sold for $129 when released, and is fairly high quality. The button layout is a bit bizarre for non-MK games, but I think it can be adapted to.

I would assume that the Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks blow these MK Klassic sticks away? Anyone have ideas about that?[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of preference, really. I've known OG Street Fighter players who prefer American made parts over Japanese Sanwa/Seimitsus and there's certainly people around the world who think the same.

Personally, I like American parts more for games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter while I prefer Japanese parts for games like Tekken, Soulcalibur, Marvel and BlazBlue.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Even at $70 this stick is a decent deal, considering it sold for $129 when released, and is fairly high quality. The button layout is a bit bizarre for non-MK games, but I think it can be adapted to. [/QUOTE][quote name='chimpmeister']
I would assume that the Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks blow these MK Klassic sticks away? Anyone have ideas about that?[/QUOTE]

It's made with "real" Suzo-Happ parts, although Happ parts have gotten noticeably cheaper since they started manufacturing their own stuff rather than just licensing it from IL.

Preferences aside, what's in this stick is better than what's in a Mad Catz BrawlStick or a Street Fighter SE, but it's not of the quality that's in a Tournament Edition stick by Mad Catz.

At $50, you could throw in higher-end parts very easily and have a great stick for less than $80, which is really, really hard to beat. Even at $80, after modding for around $110, you'll have a wicked stick that’s made of wood, looks cool, and lasts for years and years. This is still a great, great deal.

The fact that it's wood instead of plastic is so cool to me. That's unusual, and gives it that classic arcade cab feel.

i just played 3 hrs of super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix w/ this stick and loved it..dont think it'd be that great for newer sf games, but i can handle old school sf just fine..gonna try KoF and Primal Rage next. huzzah!

Mine is #5933/6000. I was close to #6000/6000! Lol. Great quality stick. The artwork brought me back to my college days when mk first came out. It was a steal for $50!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Mine is #5933/6000. I was close to #6000/6000! Lol. Great quality stick. The artwork brought me back to my college days when mk first came out. It was a steal for $50![/QUOTE]

Here's hoping for #5999. ;)

Mine's sitting on my front porch, as of yesterday. And, of course, delivered the day I leave for a liitle getaway vacation.

And no, I will not tell you where I live.

Price has started to go back down a little, though not quite as low as it was.

Currently $59.99 w/free shipping. Yes, xbox sticks are in too.

$60 is a great price for these sticks. Fantastic quality, heavy sticks with wood enclosures. I already have one for each platform, but tempted to.get another 360 version! :lol:

still 279 left..number hasnt really changed for a couple days. gonna wait til it hits 50 again, or cave and get it at gamestop w/ credit and use a $10 off coupon. decisions decisions.

edit- this is a pretty good sale if u also pick up the mk komplete ed. for $40 this week.
full mk game+all dlc+movie+soundtrack+mk1+mk2+umk3+fightstick= $100. not too shabby, especially if u have bb credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VidPower']Couldn't resist the $60 price any longer. Not as good as $50, but not as bad as $70.[/QUOTE]

I too couldn't resist....picked up a PS3 one :D

great deal. I bought a tournament ed at release and switched out the crappy Suzo Happ parts for IL parts. Tremendous difference and for anyone buying these sticks, i suggest you do the same.

I actually use this for SHMUPS and some beat em ups using MAME. cant beat the bat top american arcade feel.

[quote name='supaet']does this stick have "clicking sound" like the Japanese sticks?[/QUOTE]

nope.

[quote name='artreas']I already have one. Should I get a second or is that over kill?[/QUOTE]

I bought two...no regrets.

Having a second MK stick means visitors can't whine about unfair advantages.

Got one for the 360 when it was on sale for $50. Thought that after that initial sale sold out, there wouldn't be any more due to the limited 6000 units made. Nice to see that pdp came back with another sale (albeit $10 more) to give those who missed out another chance to get this quality stick at a great price. Since there's no telling if there will be another sale after this, I would jump on this deal.

they actually came back at $70, but no one bit so they dropped another 10 bucks. 360 shows 275 still in stock and ps3 shows 183 so i think its safe to wait a little longer.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Got one for the 360 when it was on sale for $50. Thought that after that initial sale sold out, there wouldn't be any more due to the limited 6000 units made. Nice to see that pdp came back with another sale (albeit $10 more) to give those who missed out another chance to get this quality stick at a great price. Since there's no telling if there will be another sale after this, I would jump on this deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']they actually came back at $70, but no one bit so they dropped another 10 bucks. 360 shows 275 still in stock and ps3 shows 183 so i think its safe to wait a little longer.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Maybe bite if quantity less than 50?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Bite when they go back to $50 :)[/QUOTE]

That's kinda where I'm at. Knowing I could have had it for $50 is preventing me from pulling the trigger for $60. I check the stock hourly tho, and should it dip below 60 or 70 units, I'll probably say fuck it and bite. $60 is really still a great deal, but $50 is sooo much better. Why am I such a cheap ass?!?!

[quote name='chunlirocks']So these sticks have a good outer shell and stick but junktastic innards ?[/QUOTE]

The housing is very good, and the stick & buttons are Happ/Suzo parts, so its a great stick all around. Unless you are trying to cannabalize, or are a strictly "Sanwa" guy, in which case I'd stay away.

And if you dont know what Happ or Sanwa mean, then well... its time to do a lot of reading on shoryuken.com.... ;)

Price of stick is still $60, but PDP just updated their product listing showing the original $130 MSRP crossed out and having the $60 price point underneath it.

Interesting... It's almost as if PDP is saying "Hey look guys, the original MSRP was $130. We've slashed the price to $60. You're saving almost 50%. Buy now!" Perhaps maybe it's to entice newcomers who didn't know they were selling it at $50 before?

bread's done
Back