Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick $59.99 at GameStop B&M YMMV

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!
As title states, I saw the MK Klassic Fight Stick for both 360 and PS3 for $59.99 at one of my local Gamestops. I have not been able to check any of the other local stores, so I will say YMMV for now.

edit: Added pic.
84928767.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the arcade stick good for anything else besides the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection? The button layout looks terrible for other games.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Is the arcade stick good for anything else besides the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection? The button layout looks terrible for other games.[/QUOTE]

Terrible you say? ITS AMERICAN!!!!!

America, fuck YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='yesokyesok']Terrible you say? ITS AMERICAN!!!!!

America, fuck YEAH!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I still haven't seen that movie.
I would think the arcade stick was made in china.

I bought one of these sticks the day MK came out. After playing with it for a bit, I went right back to my madcatz TE.

This thing is enormous, and the buttons are too far apart. It might be okay if you were standing, but to have the thing in your lap.. it just feels like everything's way too far apart.

I kept mine for the sake of collecting, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking to play with it. It's just not good.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I bought one of these sticks the day MK came out. After playing with it for a bit, I went right back to my madcatz TE.

This thing is enormous, and the buttons are too far apart. It might be okay if you were standing, but to have the thing in your lap.. it just feels like everything's way too far apart.

I kept mine for the sake of collecting, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking to play with it. It's just not good.[/QUOTE]

Wait I thought PDP (Pelican) only made the MK Sticks?

[quote name='apathylad']I'm going to try out a GameStop tomorrow, but I'm guessing It'll still ring up to $100.[/QUOTE]

Same thing always happens to me.

[quote name='Pounce!']Comes with Mortal Kombat Kollection $10 voucher IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Correct it should contain one of those as well. The Kollection will also be getting a much needed patch in the next few weeks.

Not 59 here. Looks like someone goofed there if someone else can't verify. My local GS had the goldeneye sharpshooter bundle marked down that low one day, turns out it was just a holiday seasonal worker that mislabeled it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Is the arcade stick good for anything else besides the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection? The button layout looks terrible for other games.[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's good for overhead arcade 2D shooters as well but yes, terrible for Street Fighter, Blazblue, Tekken, etc.

[quote name='FactionG']I might bite on this. It'll provide a genuine feel for MK and it'll look nice next to my TE stick.[/QUOTE]

Growing up in SoCal, all the arcades (& 7-11's) used this style of joystick lever (bat-top versus Japanese-style ball-top) & buttons (concave vs Japanese-style convex) for MK so the moment I used both PDP sticks, it was instant nostalgia for me & well worth the price of admission!

[quote name='AugustAPC']I bought one of these sticks the day MK came out. After playing with it for a bit, I went right back to my madcatz TE.

I kept mine for the sake of collecting, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking to play with it. It's just not good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree if you're using it in your lap then it's a PITA however, for people like myself that use it on a table (or standing like you mentioned), I've got no complaints. I actually have the completely opposite feeling as in, the moment I used a Madcatz TE w/the optional MK panel, it felt weird to me (buttons too close together) so I went right back to the PDP stick but to each their own. :) Yes, the buttons are further apart & not as responsive BUT I love the awesome nostalgic feeling I get every time I use these PDP sticks (brings back great memories of my childhood in the arcades). I love these PDP sticks (for MK only) so much that my Madcatz TE round 2 w/MK panel is for sale now.

FWIW, this is an INSANE deal for an arcade quality stick!!! Custom arcade builders (Arcade-In-A-Box, etc.) charged $150+ for a similar setup. Not to mention, you get a DLC voucher for the MK Arcade Kollection (it's $10 - $15 by itself). The only thing I'd do is replace the joystick lever with an iL Euro (original bada$$ stick Happ used in the 90's in the arcades) & iL concave buttons. I'll do that when I'm not too lazy, LOL!

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Growing up in SoCal, all the arcades (& 7-11's) used this style of joystick lever (bat-top versus Japanese-style ball-top) & buttons (concave vs Japanese-style convex) for MK so the moment I used both PDP sticks, it was instant nostalgia for me & well worth the price of admission[/QUOTE]

:applause:Using my TE stick brought me back when I was a kid popping lots quarters in Mortal Kombat.:applause:

I love this stick for Mortal Kombat then just switch to the SSFIV R2 TE stick for other fighters.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Not 59 here. Looks like someone goofed there if someone else can't verify. My local GS had the goldeneye sharpshooter bundle marked down that low one day, turns out it was just a holiday seasonal worker that mislabeled it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went today and had an employee scan the box, and it came out to $99. It doesn't look like anyone else is gonna have any luck with it.

I lucked out even better. Two weeks ago I landed the MK: Tournament edition for $50. (They actually just cut the "$1" off of the price sticker, and marked the new product as used.) The box was a bit beat up and taped together, but after opening it, it was quite clearly new. But I suspect this is even more YMMV than the stick by itself.

I haven't seen this drop and I haven't heard of it being added to any weekly or daily deals, but I'll repost if I find out anything tomorrow. So far this thing has just been sitting above our PS3 wall with no love or attention... and especially no price drops.

Can anyone confirm if this is a new to use drop? I mean there were a couple this week and this would make my day being the secert on how ot make it free XD

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there's ANY hardware difference between the "Tournament Edition" and the "Klassic Edition"? I heard the only difference is that the TE version has a latch so you can flip up the panel easily to replace things like the joystick and buttons, while the Klassic version doesn't have the latch.

I use fighting game sticks on a regular basis, so this will factor into my decision of which version to get.

[quote name='ManchildofPV']Can anyone confirm if this is a new to use drop? I mean there were a couple this week and this would make my day being the secert on how ot make it free XD[/QUOTE]

Considering the price tag is on the back of the game box, its a mislabel. Klassic stick is on sale at all gamestops for 99.99, and on the site as well.

TE has been converted to used. went to 4 GS's to look for them and they all told me it was converted to used this past week. Good luck hunting. Worst part is, I saw one on wednesday and didn't scan it. Oh wells.

[quote name='PatelKing']TE has been converted to used. went to 4 GS's to look for them and they all told me it was converted to used this past week. Good luck hunting. Worst part is, I saw one on wednesday and didn't scan it. Oh wells.[/QUOTE]

They say what the price was?

[quote name='VidPower']Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there's ANY hardware difference between the "Tournament Edition" and the "Klassic Edition"? I heard the only difference is that the TE version has a latch so you can flip up the panel easily to replace things like the joystick and buttons, while the Klassic version doesn't have the latch.

I use fighting game sticks on a regular basis, so this will factor into my decision of which version to get.[/QUOTE]

No hardware difference since both use Happ Comp sticks & concave buttons. Besides the stuff you listed, the TE also has an internal storage area for a few games and/or the detachable mini-USB to USB cable. Love the TE for these features yet I also like the Klassic since it has the original MK1 artwork & colored parts. PDP only made 20k TE's (no individual serial #'s) & 6k Klassics (individual serial #'s). Given the choice between the two, I'd go with the TE since it's nice to have an internal storage. Despite it being manufactured by PDP (formerly Pelican Accessories), the quality control is VERY good!

MKKlassicFightstickpic8.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic7.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic5.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic6.jpg

MKKlassicFightstickpic3.jpg

MKTEpic3.jpg

MKTEpic4.jpg

[quote name='VidPower']Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there's ANY hardware difference between the "Tournament Edition" and the "Klassic Edition"? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']No hardware difference since both use Happ Comp sticks & concave buttons.[/QUOTE]

Actually the Klassic stick switched to Cherry microswitches instead of the cheap Chinese made Happ e-Switch that the TE comes with. Cherry switches is what the original arcade machines had and makes a minor difference to most players.

My KE also has better padding than my TE does, besides that, the storage area and a slight size decrease on the TE they are fairly identical.

It's noticeable on button press only slightly, as it's a much better stiffer switch. That said since the KE is much harder to open it's far easier to get the KE and spend a few $ to upgrade the switches yourself for $1-2 a button. Then you get the storage and the better buttons.

I replaced my TE buttons and stick with iL parts from Europe, the original company Happ used before Suzo bought them.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']I lucked out even better. Two weeks ago I landed the MK: Tournament edition for $50. (They actually just cut the "$1" off of the price sticker, and marked the new product as used.) The box was a bit beat up and taped together, but after opening it, it was quite clearly new. But I suspect this is even more YMMV than the stick by itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I lucked out and found one Saturday at GameStop. He said they (MK:Tournament Edition) were a new to used conversion, and they don't show up in the system because they went to the regular MK used copy sku (49.99).

2011-12-03165843_Wichita_Kansas_US.jpg

[quote name='McCarron']Actually the Klassic stick switched to Cherry microswitches instead of the cheap Chinese made Happ e-Switch that the TE comes with. Cherry switches is what the original arcade machines had and makes a minor difference to most players.

My KE also has better padding than my TE does, besides that, the storage area and a slight size decrease on the TE they are fairly identical.

It's noticeable on button press only slightly, as it's a much better stiffer switch. That said since the KE is much harder to open it's far easier to get the KE and spend a few $ to upgrade the switches yourself for $1-2 a button. Then you get the storage and the better buttons.

I replaced my TE buttons and stick with iL parts from Europe, the original company Happ used before Suzo bought them.[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened the KE stick yet so didn't know it had Cherry switches. I just thought the KE had stiffer switches since it's newer. Thanks! Ya, I'm not too thrilled (just like most peeps) about Happ ever since they merged with Suzo. As for the padding, I think it varies since my TE has more padding thus more comfy than the KE then again it has no effect on me since I don't use it on my lap. I just took a look at both side-by-side & didn't realize the KE was 0.5" - 0.75" wider. When I originally took that pic (both in the same pic), I just thought the KE looked wider in that pic due to the angle I snapped it from.

Anyone notice a slight lag/delay when using the Klassic Fight Stick on the 360? Is this normal for most fight sticks with fighting games?

So I called my local gamestop asking for the TE edition with the fight stick and the game, they said they have it but for 99.99. I'm sure it's actully 59.99 and converted to used if people here are correct. I will ask them to scan it tomorrow. If anybody has any luck or anything and can confirm, please let me know. The game and the stick for less than 50 would be sickk.

I picked up the Klassic Fight Stick yesterday and it was not $59.99 in my area. I used some trade credit to buy it for $99.99, which was my price point for purchase anyway. I played for a few hours last night and I love it. Unfortunately, as everyone else already stated it is pretty much just for MK because the button layout does not translate well to other fighters. I have a Street Fighter TE stick anyway so no biggie.

Apparently one store mislabeled the price of the Fight Stick. It is $99.99 on sale at Gamestop.com and in-store, which is a decent deal but nothing spectacular.

[quote name='MarkMan']Damn, I would have purchased a few more if it was $59.[/QUOTE]

You & your hundreds & hundreds of joysticks, LOL! :lol:

bread's done
Back